Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 13th

+9
Z
Kolson
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Gwydo
Snarg of Wildpaw
Permeus (tabran)
Rory
Zeiss
Archengeia
13 posters

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

February 13th - Page 20 Empty Re: February 13th

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:20 pm

Spoiler:

"so guys now that you know what we learned in the hidden veil, now i would like to see what the third has to say and i think he would make a good local leader as when we set it up as it was before we will need someone in place that knows the ins and outs of Holtberg and the undermarket."
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:50 pm

"Hah. I'm almost jealous." Hanuel mumbles under their breath as Z and the others leave. After a short time, they pull out the Mirror Key again, looking it over, clearly restless.

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Snarg pulls Tabran aside as he returns to the inn, a deadly serious look on his face. He speaks loudly enough for the group to hear, but maintains an intense gaze towards Tabran.

"Listen, I don't like this business of doing "removals", but if you want some advice, here it is: if time is important, you could just go down the list you've presented. Try diplomacy first, add in some business about Dericost backing if it starts going south, and then switch to blackmail if that fails. Unless we've got a weird situation on our hands, I doubt he'd be willing to give up his position very easily. If you've got some dirt on him, that's fine, you can try sending him to prison, although I doubt someone like him will stay in prison for too long with the connections he's likely to have. It may even back fire on you if you're not careful.

Violence is, of course, a final option, and that may just serve to make the situation worse than before if people start getting taken out. Hopefully your 'third boss' is as good as you say and can wrap things up neatly when his opposition is out of the way.

I'll help you with this for ... reasons ... but you're going to need to pay attention and make sure we don't get screwed over by doing this. We'll be the perfect scapegoats if anything goes wrong. I'm pretty sure you already know how that works."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:08 pm

Ashakel:
You find the nearest antique shop with little difficulty and learn quite a bit of information from the local propiater. It seems the antique stores all sort of work together, being enthusiasts and collectors themselves, and have it organized so each store basically deals in one particular race. One store for Elvish antiques, one for Dwarven, Burun, Drudge, Moarsman, Kobold, Olthoi, and so on and so on. The one you are at happens to be a Banderling store, but he quite helpfully tells you where the others are, most notably the Dwarven one.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:28 pm

Anyone paying enough attention to Hanuel will notice they are suddenly shivering fiercely, and mutter under their breath. "Th-the f-f-frell?"

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Snarg looks over at Hanuel. "Easy, Han. Shaking them down is not going to be THAT bad."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:41 pm

Rory looks puzzled at the beer bottles. He picks one up and, noting the lack of any contents, turns to Tabran. "Em, what are these??"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:28 am

Tab chuckles at Rory
"there sweets Rory, the shopkeep said there made with real beer now i know there not what you really wanted but we'll make sure they bring up a bottle or two when they bring up our supp...*tab looks up at Han*

Spoiler:
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:17 am

While contemplating the bottle, Rory notices Hanuel shaking and staring at the Mirror Key. "Hmm, one way or the other, I may be done 'drinking' for now."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:43 am

After learning this useful information, Ashakel went on with the instructions given to him by the Banderling to find the Dwarven antique shop.
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Ashakel:
It takes you a while to make your way over to the Dwarven Antique shop but once you do you find it a modest affair. The entire shop has a very earthy, stone-smell to it, like walking into an active quarry. There are exotic carved decorations of all types, usually from stone but some of fine wood, and intricately carved rune designs and herald crests. Even the design of the shop itself reminds you of the geometric architecture of the Dwarves. To your amusement it is actually an Elf who runs the store, a rather elderly looking gentleman who will happily enthuse about Dwarven aesthetics to you if you give him a chance.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:02 pm

Ashakel greeted the shopkeer. "Good afternoon to ya, sir, it is a pretty little establishment you have here. I'm looking for something and I was told you might help me with. Would you happen to have a couple of wooden carved mugs with the mark of the Ironforge clan on them?"
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Ashakel:
"Why I have several! Here, come look," he ushers you over to a (rather large) section of the store stocked exclusively with mugs of pewter, wood, bronze, iron, tin, aluminum, and all other manner of material. As it happens he has no less then 5 mugs with the Ironforge emblem upon them; one of cast iron, two of wood encased in ceramic, and two done in bronze, copper, and silver.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:52 pm

"These ones!" Ashakel points to the wood and ceramics ones! "These belonged to a friend of mine I would like for him to have them back. For how much would you be willing to part with them?"
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Ashakel:
You see a look of surprise cross the Elf's face, followed immediately by indignation. "I do say, are you accusing me of something my good sir? I'll have you know I run an honest establishment and if you wish to purchase these entirely legal goods I have no qualms thereof for a fellow enthusiast, but elsewise I'm afraid I will have to ask you to leave."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:00 pm

"I ain't implying anything, and neither am I accusing you. I just have an interest in these and would like to buy them, no shady business. How much?"
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Ashakel:
The Elf eyes you for a second longer before immediately switching back to pleasentries. "Why of course, my good sir. These are, as you can no doubt tell, from 2nd century Ironforge lineage which gives them less value then, say, my other wares which trace back to the 1st century so I will let them go at a fair bargain. Say, 5 gold each?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:05 pm

"I'll take both of them. Thank you." Hands over 10g. Upon leaving the shop the troll headed for Bob's house in the Low Commons.
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Ashakel:
It's a few hours to make it all the way over to the Low Commons, and by the time you arrive the sun is beginning to arc its way below the Wall in the distance. Bob opens the door and spots you, looking somewhat anxious. He looks like, despite it only having been today, he's been a nervous wreck all day. "Did... how... what happened?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Ashakel smiles at the Dwarf. "Easy there, heh, everything's fine." *opens of his backpack and takes out the mugs. "Would these be the relics you wanted?"
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:35 pm

Ashakel:
Bob looks overwhelmed. "Y..yes! These are them exactly! Oh thank you so much, I was so worried, my family never would've forgiven me, I never would have forgiven me, thank you so much." He gives you a very sudden hug before composing himself. "I uh... I know I said I'd help ye out with the readin' and writin', and I will, but I wanted to thank ya with somethin' a bit extra." He heads off, rummaging about his house for a bit, and returns with a small, elaborately-carved Steel chest. "Here, I found this during a dig some years ago, have never had any real use for it and kept it around as a souvenir. It's yours now."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:49 pm

Ashakel tries to return the hug awkwardly, and then kindly accepts the chest. "I... Thank you for this, it surely is a surprise." The troll hands over the mugs. "I'm just glad I gave you these back, after all you have already helped my cause a lot. Now I have to return to my Inn, I will come tomorrow or the the day after to start with the lessons if that is okay." The troll made a slight bow before leaving.
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:56 pm

Tabran:
Hanuel looks very odd right now. If you had to guess you'd say they just teleported, even though they haven't moved, and they are clearly freezing. They also look like they've been drained slightly of their Mana.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:59 pm

As he arrived to the Inn, the troll sat in the common room. "Innkeep! Would you give me something to eat at this late hour, anything really, I've been walking cross the entire city I'm starving!"
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:11 pm

"Hanuel you are paying for the next inn that gets Blown up.

Now what happened to you? you look like you have just been Teleported and you have lost Mana too?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next