Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

4 posters

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women - Page 8 Empty Re: 2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

Post by Zeiss Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:03 am

"Hey, my last name is 'the Fairy'!" objects Breeze.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women - Page 8 Empty Re: 2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

Post by Rory Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:12 am

"What? Come on! Fine, then I am officially 'Konrad the Human'."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:24 am

"You wanna change your last name?" asks Breeze with naive surprise. Then, with a determined expression, she adds, "Okay, don't worry, I'll make sure other people don't pick on you for it. I got your back."

This amuses the ladies. After sitting down at the table besides Konrad, Aemilia decides to take this moment to interject. "I'm please to meet all of you. However, I didn't know the invitation came from the Freeron heir herself."

Aemilia slightly nods at Zelk, who does the same.

"It's nice to see you again, Miss Avenarius," replies Zelk. "Has it been a year since we last saw each other?"

"And two months," specifies the lady. "But please, call me Aemilia."

Breeze looks back and forth between the two women, puzzled by this exchange. Even Fedler appears to share this sentiment.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:33 am

Mihai says nothing, but quizzically frowns very slightly. He exchanges a "are you thinking the same thing?" look with Fedler.

Last edited by K on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:34 am

Fedler shrugs back at Mihai, and waits for the others to talk.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:36 am

Konrad only rolls his eyes at Breeze.

"You two know each other? That makes this so much more interesting! ...Is it?" Obviously he means the story behind their acquaintance, if any, or "stories".
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:47 am

Steve waives in greeting when he's introduced to Aemelia. However, the black mage is content to sit back and watch what the two women will say, if anything, to Konrad's inquiry.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:30 am

"We've met during one of mister Freeron's soirée," explains Aemilia. "We haven't had a chance to talk much before, but that will certainly change."

The lady smiles at Zelk, and her behavior indicates a very sharp and mellow attitude towards other people. The young Freeron woman nods at her, and says, "I've got to admit, I'm curious as to how you two have met."

She looks back and forth between Aemilia and Konrad.

"Me too," confesses Fedler. Then, she teasingly asks Konrad, "Did you get lost in the upper city last time we were here?"

"Yeah!" adds Breeze while she peruses the restaurant's menu. "Tell us a story!"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:42 am

Konrad pauses at intervals to let Aemilia jump in and speak.

"Last time we were in Walkerfree, I overheard the locals talking about recent events. I decided to involve myself when it took a turn toward the philosophical, and advocate my Myrzen sensibilities, when Aemilia weighed in to comment."

"I was impressed by her sharp mind," he continues, looking at her warmly. "It certainly helped that she pointed out holes in my arguments after the debate."

"We went out for some coffee afterward, and got to know one another. We hit it off, and after our stay in Walkerfree, we decided to continue our involvement at a later date. And here we are now."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:50 pm

"I see." Steve picks up the menu and starts deciding on what he wants to eat. "What kind of business are you in, Aemilia?"

When the waiter comes round Steve will order something with fish in noodles and a salad to go with it. He'll have some kind of juice if it's available, water if not.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:53 pm

Mihai follows suit and picks up the menu, wondering what this pizza business is all about.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:56 pm

Once Konrad has finished the retelling of their first meeting, Aemilia concludes with, "I think it was a fine summary. Surely, there is no need to go into details, do we?"

The lady gives a knowing smile to Zelk and Fedler, who both have shown a lot of interest in this story. Zelk glances at Konrad for one second too long, and a smirk appears on her face.

"Of course," she replies.

To Steve's question, Aemilia responds, "Mainly import-export. I've also invested important amounts of capital in some companies, but I'm sure you don't want to hear me talk about how thrilling the life of a businesswoman can be."

"You're right," confirms Zelk. "I find it rather dull."

"It is, most of the time," concurs Aemilia with an understanding tone. "Which is what I like about it."

Zelk's bluntness doesn't offend the entrepreneur at all, and they appear to even respect each others opinion. Fedler observes this scene with veiled interest, and this is when the waitress arrives at the table. The young woman, a teenager still, presents a warm smile to everyone and asks, "Have you made your choice? I can come back later, if you would prefer."

"Oh, I want twelve chicken wings with your spiciest sauce!" chirps Breeze. "And a small glass of iced tea please."

"Our Mount Doom sauce is really spicy," warns the waitress. "It can even make some people feel a little ill."

"But my meal is free if I finish all of it, right?"

"Uh, yes, this is our current promotion. But I was told you were guests of-"

"And I get my name on the board too?"

"Yes, of course, but-"

"Perfect! Bring me those chickens!" decides the blue-haired girl before she stands up on the table again and closes her menu.

The waitress is taken aback by this. "I'll ask to put the sauce in a separate bowl..."

She starts to write down the order.

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:03 pm

Mihai points at the pizza picture in the menu and asks Fedler - "What do you think?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:31 pm

"Not sure," answers Fedler. "I'm tempted by the chicken wings, and getting on the board... but I also want to try a pizza."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:38 pm

Mihai is a little surprised at that first part, but regardless - "Well, you can have some of mine."

If she agrees, he'll order one for himself.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:42 pm

"Having both is definitely the best."

Fedler smiles, and also some soda mixed with rum..
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:54 pm

To the waitress, in a tone a notch or two more affable than the one he uses with most people - "Um... we'd like a pizza and a dozen chicken wings with the killer sauce, please. Also a soda mixed with rum, and a uh... water."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:09 pm

"Of course," replies the waitress, who writes down the order.

She then waits for the others.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:28 pm

[I'm not sure how they would have soda, but it's possible they have "sparkling" alcoholic beverages, but the first was a sparkling wine made in 1662. Unless magic.]

Konrad raises an eyebrow at the austere mage-heir star student. He knows one thing, if Aemilia were anyone else, or perhaps someone less regal, she might be all over him after what he pulled in her grandfather's manor.

He also shoots a pointed look toward the fairy asking for the spice-of-death. A surprised look that, without the surprise, turns into something approaching doubtful. "If you start feeling sick, you're off. None of us want to have fun in the sun without you."

Well, when you are in a restaurant by the sea with the name "Loyal Shark", one may have to humor the spirit of the moment and order something fishy. Konrad orders a breaded fish fillet, cooked medium(blegh), with a side of buttered corn and mashed potatoes.

[I personally would never order fish cooked anywhere near raw. Heheh...'mount doom' sauce.]
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:11 am

"I'll have the tuna surprise and the house salad. I'll also have the strawberry lemonade. Would you mind if I tried a slice of pizza too Mihai? I'll give you some of my tuna or make it up to you at a later meal if you wish."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:57 am

"Sure." - Mihai assents.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:00 am

"Thanks, man. It's always fun trying new food. I think it's the best part of traveling really."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:08 am

"I guess." - Mihai shrugs.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:20 am

Without missing a beat Steve throws the question to everyone else, refusing to let Mihai 'Mihai the small talk.' "What do you guys think?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:31 am

"Oh, the best part of traveling is getting to meet new people, hands down. You never know what sort you'll run into next!" he winks. "But I like to travel comfortably as much as anyone. If you've got the silvers, hand 'em out and enjoy yourself, I say. Live life grand."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next