May 16th

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Essoje on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:38 am

OOC:
Ok, thanks.

Also, lol. Yeah well, my argument is more along the lines of "Let's crush their morale into smithereens so they'll think thrice before following us". But we can do so without killing anyone too.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Oh right, to ensure I don't make the same mistake again; It is now Rory's turn.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:52 pm

[Now would be a good time to scatter. We'll just have to figure out where to meet up without being able to consult each other. Seems like a fun little tangent to me. Rory however will not be doing that immediately.]

"Order lackeys! I will not be captured by scum like you!"

The Order of Summoners, the Pinnacle, I will lay down prosperity for my people over their shattered bones if I must!

Rory's reason has left him, he can feel his pulse pounding inside his head! Peering too long into his wild gaze could be enough to infect his madness in the beholder...

He sets his sights on the guy immediately to his right and rushes him, trying to shove him to the ground below!

Intimidation
Demoralize.

[If this works, I would be right behind Higaide. I'm moving with my enemy and attempting to land on him for damage. Rory is/has been intending lethal force during this fight.]

[Using Combat AP]
Bull Rush + Oppies: I have Rage (-2 AC), Weapon Focus, Deflecting Move, and Mobility. Also can't be flanked (Imp. Uncanny)
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:33 am

Fire burns in Rory's eyes as he slams directly into the soldier to his right. Taking a few knicks from the soldiers as he passes (18 physical damage), he shoves the hapless knight into the eastern wall with sufficient force to crack the wood open and spill them out onto the street below. The victim in question is knocked unconscious by the impact, though is still not Downed or Dead. The sheer shock of it nearly stuns Rory as well, though he manages to push through it.

The crowd breaks out into full applause at the display.


It is now Javan's turn.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:34 am

OOC:
Sorry about the delay in that post, poor MiniXahn has not been doing well and I spent most of the last two days taking care of her.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Essoje on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:54 pm

As soon as Javan saw Rory coming down the building, he decided to use this moment to create a distraction. He made use of Revivifier on the mage that was caught by his own spell and then raises his voice, "I have decided. I will let you all go if you do so now. Not only that, I have resurrected your friend mage. Now, take the hint, extinguish your friend's flaming clothes and scatter before I get serious."

The aberrant dragoon then stepped 5 feet south in order to get out of that mage's line of sight, but does so giving the impression he's going to just turn and walk away in the next moment.

OOC:

Revivifier (Can cast on any target to return from Downed to full health) on dead mage, then move 5 feet south.
Also, I'm hoping the words said and the situation in which they've been said will work instead of needing an intimidation roll.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:05 am

OOC:
I haven't been ignoring this, just debating. Javan did a really weird action there and I'm deciding what to do, since the IC and OOC answers are both the exact opposite of each other. Had to debate some GM philosophy for a bit here.

It's not actually the turn of the forces, technically, but as a free action the group looks at each other and at the gathered crowd, and it's apparent that they've made the decision to bail.

It is now Higaide's turn.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:42 pm

Noticing the guards' reaction, Higaide holds his action to see what they will do.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:08 pm

The various guards, hesitantly and reluctantly, gather their wounded and scramble off as fast as their condition allows. The gathered crowd breaks into applause, and several small coins, flowers, and chocolates are tossed at the party in appreciation for their performance.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:26 pm

The applause brings Rory out of his fury, and after a beat looking around wildly in confusion, he starts picking up chocolates.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Essoje on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:03 pm

Javan watches as Rory starts to pick up something on the ground, which took him a moment for his brain to process it was chocolate, and that the sounds around him was clapping, as he had honestly thought it was starting to rain instead.

Once he understood the soldiers also left partially because of the gallery around them, Javan immediately attempts to strike a pose, like one of those you'd see on a poster depicting a dragoon. "And remember!", Javan raise his voice loud enough so he can be heard by the crowd while preparing an even more dynamic pose while his spear points to the sky, "Whatever power or strength you have over others, be it martial, numerical, economic or political, that should never be an excuse to abuse it. It should be used decisively and to everyone's gain, because it will all come back to you, good and bad, someday. I hope you all take this to heart and may the Elements bless the rest of your day, you beautiful people! Thank you very much!"

Finishing those words that escaped his mouth as if they were somehow directed at himself, the aberrant dragoon moves his silver spear from his left to his right hand and takes one of the flowers as it falls with his now empty hand, takes a sniff of it and then bows as much as his armor will allow him.

Action:
If needed, Javan rolls 15 here, just tell me if I need to subtract it from my deck. Hopefully this message will stay with them for at least a day and they'll be awesome to themselves and each other for at least the rest of the day.

Yeah, 'Even More Unreasonably Idealistic Javan' is a thing at the moment.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:55 pm

Higaide glances at his burns with annoyance, then sees about removing the arrow that hit without making a bigger mess of it. Proper heal check once they're not making a spectacle of themselves.

"Can we go now?"
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:18 pm

"Uh, yeah." Rory shoves the chocolates in his pockets or bag. "I'd like to pay the snitches a visit first...! Just to leave a message, I promise. Then we can...rest."
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Essoje on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:35 pm

"Are we even sure if they are the snitches? It could have been the weaver for all we know. Instead of outright accusing them, we could try something more subtle. You know, keeping bridges mostly intact unless we really need to burn them?", Javan proposes once they are somewhere more private while passing a Treated Healing Kit to Higaide (+20 to Healing Check, +10 healed for this check) and dealing with his own wounds the same way.

Action:
Healing check with Treated Kit: rolled a 7 + whatever modifier + 20 from the kit, with a bonus +10 HP healed.

Edit: Also, totally aware Arch is probably working and streaming and taking care of Mini-Xahn and all sorts of things at the same time, so I'm leaving a note here about my actions in the last post, I just want to know if it results on more than a 'meh' from the population.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:59 pm

The population's overall response was fairly positive, though more in the view of watching a neat play rather than having a revelation about life. It still stuck with a few of them.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:30 am

[Seconding getting somewhere quiet to heal. Remember Higaide can heal up to half his hp per day with Wholeness. We can save that for the assault on the mansion.]

"I guess," Rory breathes through his teeth as he does the same.

"Honestly there's no reason for us to bother, we have a job to do after all. It's just I can't believe they did this," he grits. "We wasted good money and what did it get us? They didn't even wait for us, just left us a map and said 'good luck'. I want a refund."

"Next best thing is replacing what we lost. We just gotta get back to the market, get me something to last me through the day, maybe some horses, and then we'll have a proper go at the mansion as soon as we can. Just go in, break everything between us and our goal, get what we came for and leave."

OOC:
Using Treated Kit to help my Heal check. d20 rolled 9, +3 Wis, +20 Kit. Adding 10 to amount healed.

I have it down as the remaining out of 2 that I had, but I am not sure where the other one went, or how much use it got...*shrug*
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Essoje on Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:12 pm

"We should probably avoid breaking everything between us and our goal, because we might need to return to this place at a future time and/or it would be wise to avoid pissing off people with too much money and too much free time. And no, killing the guy isn't an option here unless we have no choice."

"Anyways, I think we should hit the market and restock then try to be sneaky?"
, said Javan with full intention of going through the market looking for some healing potions.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:16 am

I really, really want to, though. Rory broods in silence. When Javan is ready to go, he replies, "Screw the rich, to hell with Goratin. It was just some guy before. I was too eager, I let my fear and anger direct my hand. But isn't this different?"
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Essoje on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:43 am

Javan lowers his voice to answer Rory, "I would understand it if we were trying to do something good or at least decent. But we are not. We are thieves robbing someone, which is bad last I checked, just because we believe what he's going to do with it is worse, even tho we have no real idea if that's the case. And also, this is damage control. We messed up big time and we are trying to clean the mess we left behind. Why would we want to create an even bigger mess? To vent frustration? To satisfy our ego? Because they are rich? Which I don't think its a bad thing by itself bytheway."

"Yeah, no, sorry. I almost lost myself back there at the start of the fight, in the heat of the moment and all. But now looking back I am glad I was held back by... whatever did it. I don't think I could live with that. Even tho that's the best thing I can do in life..."
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:24 am

Rory heals himself for 25 with the Treated Kit, expertly mending his open wounds.

As the group is slowly making its way away from the crime scene, several of the locals occasionally stop to congratulate them on a fine performance, or give applause or more chocolates. One lovely Banderling woman offers Javan a flower, and compliments him on his fantastic make-up of an Elemental.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by K on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:38 am

"More importantly, what are we doing it for. I just don't know anymore."
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:10 pm

HP maxed.

Higaide's words catch Rory off guard. He shoots him a look of utter shock, but doesn't pursue the matter, and it's back to brooding.

Can't believe what I'm hearing. Are they really cracking? After all we've been through, don't they understand how important this is? I thought you did, friend. Tired, need something to keep going.


Thanks to at least one of us, discretion is off the table...

market:
Checked "common magical items" list. Show me prices and I'll adjust my list if I don't like the full deal.

Endurance potion, 8-hr
2 Health potions, 50-ish points each
Mana stone for Javan to refill his mana

I'd like the shopkeeper to stay quiet about my purchases, and to use a different name in the ledger. How much to silence the alchemist/shopkeeper? I will ask after the purchase is made.

Name for ledger: Bradon
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Essoje on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:43 pm

OOC:
@Rory: Reminder that we don't know Javan is a mage of any kind in character and even Javan thinks he's some kind of Elemental hybrid. And even if Rory assume he is in game, you'll be wasting your gold.

@Arch: Both Higaide and Javan made healing checks as well, please check the past posts. Javan himself is also looking for some healing potions in the market.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Rory on Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:21 pm

[No mana stones, then]
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Archengeia on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:09 pm

The trip to the market is somewhat uneventful, almost suspiciously so. About the time you get there, all three of you get the feeling you're being watched, and not just by the passer-bys who are (still) complimenting you on your performance.

Higaide and Javan heal themselves for 18 and 21 respectively. They also find no health potions for sale, but a few Endurance potions which go for around 5g a pop for the 4 hour range.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 16th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum