Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Creation

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Character Creation Empty Character Creation

Post by Kolson Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Okay everyone. Let's do this. To start, make a copy of this character sheet: CHARACTER SHEET

Step 1: Choose Race

Step 2: Choose a Class

• Barbarian: A fierce warrior of primitive background who can enter a battle rage.
  • Bard: An inspiring magician whose power echoes the music of creation.
  • Cleric: A priestly champion who wields divine magic in service of a higher power.
  • Druid: A priest of the "Old Faith," wielding powers of nature--moonlight and plant growth, fire and lightning--and adopting animal forms.
  • Fighter: A master of martial combat, skilled in a variety of weapons and armor.
  • Monk: A master of martial arts, harnessing the power of the body in pursuit of physical and spiritual perfection.
  • Paladin: A holy warrior bound to a sacred oath.
  • Ranger: A warrior who uses martial prowess and nature magic to combat threats on the edges of civilization.
  • Rogue: A scoundrel who uses stealth and trickery to overcome obstacles and enemies.
  • Sorcerer: A spellcaster who draws on inherent magic from a gift or bloodline.
  • Warlock: A wielder of magic that is derived from a bargain with an extraplanar entity.
  • Wizard: A scholarly magic-user capable of manipulating the structures of reality.

Step 3: Roll for Stats
Roll 4 six-sided die and keep the three highest. Do so five more times to generate a stat array. Repeat the process twice more and use the array you wish, placing the scores in the order you wish.

Step 4: Describe your character

Choose a background HERE. If something is close but isn't quite what you had in mind we can totally customize it so don't worry. It's just a great place to start so we aren't doing this stuff from scratch.

Choose an alignment
We are sticking to Good and Neutral alignments. I just included the evil ones for completeness' sake.

• Lawful Good: Folks of this alignment can be counted on to do the right thing as expected by society. Gold dragons, most Paladins, and most dwarves are lawful good.
  • Neutral Good: Folks of this alignment do the best they can to help others according to their needs. Many celestials, some cloud giants, and most gnomes are neutral good.
  • Chaotic Good: Folk of this alignment act their conscience directs, with little regard for what others expect. Copper dragons, many elves, and unicorns are chaotic good.
  • Lawful Neutral: Folk of this alignment act in accordance with law, tradition, or personal codes. Many monks and some wizards are lawful neutral.
  • Neutral: Folk of this alignment prefer to steer clear of moral questions and don't take sides, doing what seems best at the time. Lizardfolk, most druids, and many humans are neutral.
  • Chaotic Neutral: Folk of this alignment follow their whims, holding their personal freedom above all else. Many barbarians and rogues, and some bards, are chaotic neutral.
  • Lawful Evil: Folk of this alignment methodically take what they want, within limits of a code of tradition, loyalty, or order. Devils, blue dragons, and hobgoblins are lawful evil.
  • Neutral Evil: Folk of this alignment do whatever they can get away with, without compassion or qualms. Many drow, some cloud giants, and yugoloths are neutral evil.
  • Chaotic Evil: Folk of this alignment act with arbitrary violence, spurred by their greed, hatred, or bloodlust. Demons, red dragons, and orcs are chaotic evil.

Languages

• Nerathi: The common language of the day spoken by humans, halflings, and tieflings. It uses the Turathi script.
  • Turathi: An archaic version of Nerathi, spoken by the ancient humans of Bael Turath. Spoken by tieflings and scholars of history. It uses the Turathi script.
  • Deep Speech: Spoken by mindflayers, githyanki, githzerai, and kuo-toas. The language of aberrations and other evil creatures touched by the Far Realm. It uses a twisted version of the Rellanic script.
  • Draconic: Spoken by dragons, dragonborn, and kobolds. It uses the Iokharic script.
  • Dwarven: Spoken by dwarves and their cousins, the duergar, azure, and galab duhr. It uses the Davek script.
  • Elven: Spoken by elves, eladrin, drow, and creatures of the Feywild in general. It uses the Rellanic script.
  • Giant: Spoken by giants, orcs, and ogres. It uses the Davek script.
  • Goblin: Spoken by goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears. It uses the Turathi script.
  • Primordial: The language of efreets, archons, elementals, and the primordials themselves. It uses the Barazhad script.
  • Abyssal: A twisted version of Primordal spoken by demons, gnolls, and sahuagin. It uses the Barazhad script.
  • Supernal: Spoken by celestials, devils, and the gods. It uses the Supernal script, the oldest script in the multiverse and the one that inspired all others.

Step 5: Choose Equipment
I suggest using your classes' quick start equipment rather than buying things a la carte. They give you a good mix of starting equipment that should cover your basic needs.

Here's a good page with a handy breakdown of chapter 5 of the phb. LINK TO EQUIPMENT

Last edited by Kolson on Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Character Creation Empty Re: Character Creation

Post by Essoje Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:27 pm

You guys starting something?
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:51 pm

Doing a 5e game while we take a break from Zeiss' game. Did you want to play? You and everyone else are always invited.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:59 am

I'm interested in a 5e game, yeah. I don't check Zeiss' game because of obvious time constrains, but 5e is a fun idea.

Since this is a 'break' game and all, how would you feel having a functional Wild-Magic Sorcerer in the party? As in Wild Magic Surge and Tides of Chaos are always active (when the text for them says 'DM can', read 'DM does'). I don't usually like rolling dice, but this would be an exception for me.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:58 pm

It doesn't bother me. How about the rest of you guys?

The Wild Surge table causes random effects to possibly happen after Javan casts a Sorcerer spell of 1st level or higher. Most of the effects are actually useful or only affect Javan but there is a chance he might screw the party.

To put it into perspective this has a chance of happening, at most, twice per day at 1st level.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:52 pm

Sure, I don't mind.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:02 pm

Live dangerously, i guess.

I'm not familiar with the build, but if no one else has a problem, i don't either.
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Looked it up. That actually is interesting to have an item or caster like that, so long as the effects aren't permanent and don't affect player levels. Which they don't, as I'm looking at the tables right now.

I was going to ask you to take some healing spells, but then I remembered you're going to take Wild Magic, so...let's just stick with the cleric npc we're getting to help us out.

We need Perception, if you wouldn't mind grabbing that quickly. In fact I'm going to list my skill proficiencies and my character sheet now.

Ranger, arrows
Athletics, Insight, Animal Handling, Nature, Survival
Lawful Good
[sheet redacted]

Here is the picture I chose that Google says I can't upload to my document:
Character Creation Tiefling%20not-bard%202.0_zpsa41mzwye
It was NOT made by me. In fact I don't think anybody knows who made it. I found it on Warosu /tg/ which is...a thing.
Edit: now with white eyes!

Edit: Managed to upload image to google. Needed open IE to do it, Firefox/Kaspersky were like "nah"

Last edited by Rory on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:40 pm

I don't remember who the artist is but I remember seeing the pic once in a Dragon Magazine article. I think it might have been in Arcane Power as well. I'd have to dig it out to check.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:18 pm

Hey Javan, do you need any help or anything? I can accommodate your schedule if you give me some heads up.

Also, I'll need a link to your character sheet when you have one.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:09 pm

Sorry, was playing Dark Souls 2 with Arch and the Lore Pals.

I should be able to get the sheet ready by tomorrow night or the morning after.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:32 am

Hey no prob man. I hope you and the guys had fun. Looking forward to it.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:41 pm

While fiddling around with the color in GIMP, I've discovered that color erase does not account for shadows and/or light sources. It's a shame. Oh well. He's red enough to look like he's got a bad sunburn anyway. I'll stop agonizing over color.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:49 pm

Oh man, this is so funny... I was like "Yeah, I don't have time for doing stuff I want to do because of work and all, full week" to you guys and the people I was playing DS2 with, but then my boss addresses the office this morning and talks about how they decided to close the office for reforms early since it's so close to Carnival and I was like... "Oh... oh, I totally forgot about THE biggest regional holidays that I don't give 2 sheits aboot but gives me lotsa free time..."

So yeah, basically I just went from 'no time at all' to 'so much free time it hurts' until march 6th. So yeah, working on the sheet as we speak. It sucks it didn't happen while ME Andromeda was out but beggars can't be choosers I guess?
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:14 pm

Yeah, no kidding. lol
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:05 pm

Alright, here's Joshua Jordstad (or Jojo for short), a merchant from a guild I need to work out details with Kolson later. He can't help himself doing poses like in the following image whenever nervous or excited, and somehow make them work because of his huge charisma score.
Character Creation 14449097_1665332767112455_3920841233240424448_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM1ODU0MzkxMzQxMDIzOTExOQ%3D%3D

The equipment I'll be touching later once my brain is working straight.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:31 am

...Can't you people be a little serious?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:52 am

Only if the GM tells me I must be seriousface. Which in itself would be really sadface.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:09 am

I am a little serious.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:00 pm

When I think about it, the poses are not even there for comedic effect and I'm not playing a silly character so I could say I'm more than a little serious.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:30 pm

Yeah. Okay.

Character Creation B7d53351e79b4b07b8af4e279caf8221
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:42 pm

Lol, works for me. That helps with travel too. The big trading costers of the Nentir Vale are:

1. The Halfmoon Clan of halflings. They have operations throughout the Vale including Fallcrest, Winterhaven, and Nenlast. They focus more on moving local goods around the Vale and then centralizing goods from other settlements in Fallcrest for export to the south.

2. House Azaer is a tiefling operation that imports a lot of goods from the south which they wholesale to local merchants and caravan to Hammerfast and Winterhaven (and beyond). They are the largest nondwarven operation plying the trade route between Fallcrest and Hammerfast and the largest operation working the King's Road in the west.

There are operations in Hammerfast too but I'd rather you have a reason to go to Fallcrest instead. In recent months trade has become harder and harder for both operations, with increased monster and bandit activity cutting off the towns of the Vale from each other. It's easily conceivable that an allied trading coster in the south might send a representative to see what's up and to help deal with any problems.

Since you are conceivably in the Vale on business I'll give you guys a choice in how to get to Fallcrest.

1) Most trade comes up the Nentir River via the halfling Swiftwater Clan. This would be the safest and most traveled route into the Vale but it's prone to the occasional goblin, lizardman, and bullywug raids from the Harken Forest and the Witchlight Fens.

Goblin:

Lizardmen:

Bullywug:

2) You guys can come up the King's Road, a rarely used overland road prone to monster and bandit attacks. On the plus side, you could make some money trading with the villages of Harkenwold on the way in. They aren't rich, but there is an opportunity here given how rarely merchants make it there.

Either way, I'll update the map and the Nentir Vale thread with the villages you guys visited on the way in.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:53 am

I'm leaning towards the King's road. Potentially more rewarding. It's more dangerous, but my character has a hammer.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:13 am

#2. For the trade and room+board stop on the way to Fallcrest.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:25 am

#2 as well. Trading goods for gold is good and all, but trading goods for goods (or material) could be even more profitable if we play our cards right.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next