Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

5 posters

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While! - Page 10 Empty Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Zoe is checking her daggers and testing the draw of her darts. "I'm okay I guess. This job turned out to be a lot more trouble than we thought it'd be, huh?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While! - Page 10 Empty Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

Post by Rory Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:23 pm

"It is. I thought the gnolls were gonna be the worst of it. Then we entered the Feywild! You would have loved it, it was breathtaking. I wish I could visit there anytime."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:51 pm

"Oh, um, okay." She responds with a distinct lack of enthusiasm.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Crestfallen, he continues, "But...everything else that happened, what's happening now, is my fault."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:23 pm

"I wouldn't say all of it but I wish you had shared what you knew about them earlier. They might not have the finger right now or Ludmilla."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:28 pm

He nods. "Well, at least they left us a way out. I won't waste it." He has a hard look as he says that.

"Hey, I know it was dangerous to go to the Feywild, but it really is a beautiful place. I wish you could have come."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:34 pm

"Oh, that's okay. We had fun reading books and singing songs with the kids." [Insight success] She's hardcore deflecting now. She doesn't want to talk about visiting the Feywild.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:38 pm

"Only place i care to go anymore is a room with big sturdy walls, so i can sleep the rest of the week." - Carlos grumbles - "Screw the bed; i'll just shut the door and fall on my face on the floor and start snoring."

He's still in a less than great mood.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:48 pm

While the others are talking, Kathryn stays a short distance away from them, thinking. She then suddenly turns towards Liam and asks him, "Hey, could Eyton open the... front "door" on our signal?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:53 pm

"Of course. That's what we usually do when we enter and exit," answers Liam.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:04 pm

Kolson wrote:"Oh, that's okay. We had fun reading books and singing songs with the kids." [Insight success] She's hardcore deflecting now. She doesn't want to talk about visiting the Feywild.
He nods along. Slowly. There's nothing here to disbelieve, but... "That was really nice of you."

"Well, we are going to be going there soon, after we've had our rest. Whatever bugs you about that, you should probably tell us now."

Persuasion 15
Convince her that she should tell us why she really doesn't like the Feywild

Last edited by Rory on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:06 pm

"Okay, good. Thanks."

Kathryn then takes her leave from the rest of the group, and goes to another room. A few minutes later, she can be seen dragging gnoll bodies (the less bloody ones) towards the front entrance of the grove, lifting them up so they can stand straight, and maintaining this position by tying them to spears planted in the ground.

Once this is done, she goes to ask Liam if there is a place where she can take a bath and get rid of all this blood.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:11 pm

"We usually bathe in the creek running through the Grove. Will that be okay?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:19 pm

"It'll be perfect. Thanks again."

Once she has bathed herself and cleaned the blood off her armor, Kathryn goes to ask Eyton if she can go to the Feywild to visit Eni, and sleep over there.

She will be gone until it is time to enact the plan.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:22 pm

"Oh!" Zoe looks really uncomfortable now. She hunches over, arms akimbo. "Noticed that did you? It's nothing bad, really. I'm just...you know...banished."

---------------------------------------------

Eyton transports Kat to the Feywild once more, where she greeted by a pool water, sans the marble chair and no sign of Eni.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:24 pm

Kolson wrote:"Oh!" Zoe looks really uncomfortable now. She hunches over, arms akimbo. "Noticed that did you? It's nothing bad, really. I'm just...you know...banished."
Hunter blinks. "'Banished'? You mean banished from that plane?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:25 pm

After placing her armor on the ground next to the well, Kathryn searches for Eni, knowing she cannot be far from here. If there is really no sign of her, she'll look into the well itself.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:53 pm

"Yuppers!"

When Katheryn looks into the well, she sees several visions of her friends.

1. Hunter and Zoe are kicking chickens while running through the streets of a town you've never been to before. Each kick is a bone-crushing affair, and yet, somehow, the chickens are walking around fine not 10 seconds later. They laugh and hold hands as they run off to find more.

2. Jojo wipes off his brow after a hard days work taking inventory in a massive warehouse. Satisfied with the job, he leaves and heads to an alehouse where he shares drinks with two old dwarves. One is clearly a sergeant of the guard by the look of his insignia while the other is clearly a blacksmith.

3. A nervous Carlos is having a romantic dinner with a pretty tiefling woman in a beautiful green dress. Katheryn recognizes a fellow warrior when she sees one and while the dress shows off her figure there's more than a little muscle there. If she seems uncomfortable in the dress she doesn't show it. Carlos makes a joke and they both laugh.

4. Hot Lips the mule is happily munching away on meadow grass before his ear twitches and he looks directly at Katheryn. Recognizing her, Hot Lips goes back to munching on the grass. In the background Nesme turns into an eagle and flies away from Allinandra, who watches her flight until her mother is out of sight. She looks pleased from the smile on her face, and walks back towards the entrance to the Grove.

"What do you see?" says a deep bass voice. When Katheryn looks to the voice she sees a ghostly eladrin man, wearing an old robe and carrying an equally ghostly quarterstaff. He smiles at her through a scarred face.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:01 am

"Oh...and you're happy about that? Actually if this is a long story, maybe we should wait until you can share it with everyone."

While she responds, he's reaching out to touch her shoulder as if he might not actually feel her there, and as if he's never done that before. Then her face.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:06 am

These unexpected visions initially startle Kathryn, but the more she looks, the more entranced she becomes. Once she hears the voice call out to her, she calmly turns her head to get a good look at the apparition of this stranger. For some reason, she doesn't feel threatened, even though she still is on her guard.

"My friends... having a good time." She pauses to look at the well again. "But there's nothing about me."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:13 am

"Why shouldn't I be proud?" Zoe challenges. "It's not everyday a girl gets banished from an entire plane you know." She makes no move to stop Hunter.

"Yes, there wouldn't be. Thanks to the Lady's influence it only shows what could have happened or what might be, usually with a bias towards love. She's a kind girl, but terribly lonely."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:20 am

"Hmm. That doesn't really answer my question, but okay." She refocuses her attention on the man again. "What about you? Do you love Eni? Or are you just a 'what could have been' thing?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:28 am

Satisfied, and disappointed, Hunter eventually stops. He secretly hopes doing that wouldn't be punishable if she had not been banished. "It's certainly something straight out of a fairytale, but I sure wouldn't be proud if I were banished to the Nine Hells. I guess it would depend on what I'd done to deserve it... Point is, I like it here. Do you like it here? And I do mean overall."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:42 am

"Pfff, I was just visiting some relatives at the time, the Prime is my home." Zoe laughs at the idea. "Why would I want to go back to those poncy, backstabbing dandies anyway? Tell them their hair is last season and they'd run back to their rooms to have a cry and then beg daddy-dearest to release the Wild Hunt on us all and then where would we be? No thanks."

The ghost considers Kat's question carefully. "Yes, to both young lady. That's why I check in on her, from time to time. Who are you? Folks call me Wanderer."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:51 am

The white-haired woman considers these words carefully before she replies to him.

"I'm Kathryn. I'm a new friend of Eni. We just met today in fact." She instinctively touches the pendant around her neck before she takes another look around. "Where is she? The place she was bound to must be bigger than I thought."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next