Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Third Adventure 01: The City of Al-Ferin

+10
K
Caladrius
Ashakel
Permeus (tabran)
Rory
Kolson
Snarg of Wildpaw
Z
Zeiss
Archengeia
14 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Third Adventure 01: The City of Al-Ferin - Page 3 Empty Re: Third Adventure 01: The City of Al-Ferin

Post by Archengeia Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:36 pm

Snarg:
The Guild points you towards the Order establishment in the far northeast part of the city regarding information. It's also possible some of the miners, who exclusively live in the residential district to the southeast, might have some information but it's unlikely as it'd be very out of date, by at least a year at this point. As for what happened, it's very likely the former party that took the Bill died, which is what everyone is assuming. Golems are not a mild business after all.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Third Adventure 01: The City of Al-Ferin - Page 3 Empty Re: Third Adventure 01: The City of Al-Ferin

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:39 pm

"Come 'er; Order outpost." Snarg taps on Zeiss' shoulder.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:41 pm

After renting a few rooms for the group, Hanuel ventured out into the city, mentally mapping it out, as well as attempting to find out the layout of the mines.
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:43 pm

To Snarg.

"You go your own way. I have things to do."

Only one group of adventurers disappeared. Maybe it had nothing to do with the golem Bill. Still, it was better to look into it before heading to this mine.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:48 pm

Language: Undercommon
Spoiler:
Snarg says to Zeiss' back as he leaves. He then bounds off out the door.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:50 pm

"Hey Snarg, i'll go with."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:01 am

Snarg:
The local Order post is a one story building carved entirely from elaborate marble with black and violet highlights making patterns of leaves and other accoutrements along the walls and pillars. It stands out quite a bit amongst the otherwise flat, unaesthetic city.
Inside you find a fairly plain looking antechamber with a young Banderling woman doing some paperwork behind the desk. There are a fair number of comfortable-looking waiting chairs. The woman looks up and smiles politely. "Hello, welcome to the Al-Ferin Order Outpost. How can I help you today?"
You learn from her and a few Green Mages and other workers who pass through that over a year ago the Order purchased one of the abandoned silver mines in the area and re-purposed it as a Golem Manufactory. The location was perfect; isolated and contained, so should anything go wrong the problem wouldn't spread. Almost two weeks ago they had been nearing completion on a Water Golem which then went feral and began attacking several of the workers. The Order of course has plans for such an eventuality and quickly evacuated, losing only two lives in the process. While normally the Order has plenty of capable individuals who could deal with the problem, in the interests of assisting the floundering Adventurer's Guild they put a regional Bill out instead. They are paying 10,000 gold for the destruction of the Water Golem, and a bonus of 10,000 additional gold if whatever party does so is capable of extracting the Golem Heart intact.

Zeiss:
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:05 am

"So, what ya gotta do to be gettin' the heart?" Snarg inquires.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:07 am

Snarg:
The receptionist gives a small shrug. "I have no idea. I know it's a difficult process even from a Golem that isn't actively trying to destroy you, so I doubt it will happen. But Hearts are quite valuable, so I have no doubt the Order would be most indebted if you were able to obtain it.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:09 am

After an unsuccessful attempt at procuring a map of the mines, Hanuel heads to the Order, Dara in tow, to sign in to the city.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:11 am

"Would we be able to speak to one of the chefs researchers please"

"It may help us to know more about it is we speak with some one that helped make it"

Last edited by Tabran Cole on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:12 am

"Oooohhh." Snarg says to the receptioninst. Thinking for a moment, he scratches behind his ears. "Anyone else we can be talkin' to?"
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:14 am

Hanuel:
After a quick sign in on a slate of metal which absorbs the ink directly into it the receptionist looks at you oddly and remarks that it's unusual for a Green Mage of any experience to have not communed with one of the Temples. She mentions that in a few days here another pilgrimage group will be heading out for the Spacial Temple, if he's interested.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:15 am

After two hours, Zeiss got back at the Guild and waited for the others.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 am

Order Group:
"I'm sorry," she says apologetically, "But I cannot allow non-Order members further within the outpost unless you have an appointment. As for someone else to talk to, I assume you mean regarding this Bill, in which case I imagine the Adventurer's Guild could be of some assistance." She helpfully explains how to get to the Guild post.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 am

"I'm hoping my friends will acquiesce to visiting it once we've finished with the golem troubles. We may go with the pilgrimage group, if time allows it."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:23 am

"Oh. Rory said he had appointment." Snarg points to Rory and steps off to the side, kicking him in the shin behind the desk.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:25 am

Archengeia wrote:Order Group:
"I'm sorry," she says apologetically, "But I cannot allow non-Order members further within the outpost unless you have an appointment. As for someone else to talk to, I assume you mean regarding this Bill, in which case I imagine the Adventurer's Guild could be of some assistance." She helpfully explains how to get to the Guild post.
"We've already been to the guild post," Rory flatly and impatiently replied, slamming the palm of his hand on her desk. "You may not care about the people who died trying to solve a problem your company could have done on its own, but we are not fodder. If you don't tell me who I need to talk to, I'm just going to bludgeon my way through every sector until i find the person I need or someone who will."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:28 am

Caladrius to the reception “Pardon my befuddled friend. He know not what he says.” In a low hush voice “most of the time” In normal voice What he was meaning to ask was the although we don’t have an appointment we would greatly appreciate if someone could let us in”
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: White Mage
Race: Lord Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:30 am

Order Group:
The receptionist looks up at the strange creature, raising an eyebrow before turning towards the Lord Elf. "If you have an appointment, who is it with and at what time?" she asked blandly, her face notably less kind then before.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:34 am

"I'm sorry, my fiend's been off his meds for a while now, and it's making him look scary. He's really a nice guy once you get to know him. Though not today, 'cause he's off his meds. We'll be going now."

*Walks off the building, dragging Rory along.*
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:34 am

"Please forgive my friend you know the intelligent's of lower species and all, we don't have an anointment but speaking to a person that has see the golem may safe life's mainly ours would you be able to call someone to see us if not how long will it take for an appointment"

Last edited by Tabran Cole on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:35 am

Hanuel turns and kicks out at Rory's shins, grabbing him by the front of his shirt and looks him eye-to-eye. "You do -not- talk to people of the order that way!"

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:36 am

Snarg cackles in the signature Gnoll fashion as he steps back and watches the scene unfold.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:38 am

"Rory, really dude, have i told you about the stunning cute elf-girl that was asking about you outside?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next