Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Third Adventure 03: Recovery and An Offer

+8
Ashakel
Sethos
Permeus (tabran)
Snarg of Wildpaw
Zeiss
Rory
Z
Archengeia
12 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Third Adventure 03: Recovery and An Offer - Page 3 Empty Re: Third Adventure 03: Recovery and An Offer

Post by Archengeia Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:55 am

The Moarsman frowns at the strange pseudo Elf. "Because, sir, I am the only one who is interested in speaking to you. From my understanding, the Bill is done, your pay is not here but at the Guild. There is no further business you have here, save with me."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Third Adventure 03: Recovery and An Offer - Page 3 Empty Re: Third Adventure 03: Recovery and An Offer

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:04 am

"Excuse me, but it seems my colleages, especially the humans, have no idea what the Order is. What kind of mission would you ask us to do? Because my colleagues seem quick to misjudge your organization."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:08 am

"... I want to support the Order in this, but I will choose whatever the group decides. I'm certain nothing was held from us on purpose, though we may have use for that meeting in a few days we scheduled earlier."

Last edited by Hanuel and Dara on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:11 am

The Moarsman looks at the Elf vaguely amused. "I'm not sure what a... Human is, I will have to look into that... I am also surprised anyone would be unfamiliar with the Order. As for what types of missions..." he shrugs faintly. "Dangerous ones. Usually the kind that involve dealing with creatures or creations, usually by other organizations, that present a clear and defined threat towards the people. The first mission I had in mind..." he pauses. "Well, I cannot nor will not speak of that unless you do decide to accept my offer."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:15 am

"would you be willing to give us some time to talk it over?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:17 am

"Yeah, humans don't really know anything about the Order. They are like that. If you cannot speak of the mission you would give us, maybe you could give us a few examples where the presence of the Order was a benefit to the common people?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:19 am

"Well. Taking down a Feral Golem sounds like a good example to me. Or possibly," he considers a moment, "Investigating unusual behavior from a rogue Centaur pack, or infiltrating the Dryreach zone to gather information, that sort of thing."

"Of course. I will stay in town for one night, and will be leaving tomorrow at about high noon. If you wish to contact me, I will be here." The Moarsman bows politely, then retires back into the hallways.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:20 am

Archengeia wrote:"Forgive me, good sir, but why would I in particular have reason to care about people I have never met prior to them accomplishing something that might lead towards a mutually beneficial arrangement?" He folds his hands. "I do not know how the Bill detailed things but I am certain it stated very clearly that it was a Water Golem that needed to be destroyed. If you, a group of adventurers who, I point out again, risk your lives on a daily basis as a job policy, were unaware of the risks involved in taking on a Water Golem, then perhaps you should not have attempted it?"

"The Order cared enough to hire us but obstructed us at every opportunity. You're employees were unhelpful, evasive, and rude. No map was provided. No access to employees was allowed. No tactical rundown provided. No support of any kind.

We got lucky, plain and simple no thanks to The Order and it's a good thing we did. A group of lesser adventurers died in there, pounded into paste no less. We find a weird crystal in there that causes one of us to fly into a murderous rampage. And you don't know anything about it? Does that sound normal to you? Does that sound like something that was written on the Bill? Oh wait. You never even had the decency to read it!"

Kolson takes a few steps away and tries to master his anger.

Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:22 am

"Maybe if ya be showin' some more 'bout what ya want and what ya givin' in writin', that might be helpin'." Snarg yells after him, "Just acceptin' somethin' like this on a whim ain't the type of Gnoll I am and I ain't thinkin' that'd be the kinda one ya be wantin'."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:24 am

"if we took the offer that you have kindly given us would we be able to step down with no questions asked should we chose too?"

to the rest of the team
"i say we go to the inn and talk this thou as a team as standing here isnt doing any good and we all need to decide this together"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:44 am

"I'm sick of this place anyway." Kolson heads to the inn.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:44 am

Back at the inn

"ok how i see it we currently do what the order wants us to do anyway but with the orders backing we would have more resources to help people with also they know about the centaurs and that is interesting in itself"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:49 am

"I do not see how we could refuse this offer. We do more or less the same things as before, but we have a better pay and more intel. And if we really don't like it, we can always quit."

After all, Zeiss had quit the Bloodied Flock.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:03 am

"Don't be takin' any deals before he's givin' ya the full deal." A harrowed look creeps over Snarg's face. "Ain't no use acceptin' somethin' without knowin' all that's goin' on. Gnolls got real messed doing that if ya recall."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:05 am

"Snarg's got the right idea," Rory concurred. "If I'm gonna put the collar on, I'm gonna require a long leash, and they need to let me do things my way. That's my vote."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:09 am

Sometime in the intervening hours various people were curious about why they had not been paid yet. They find out from the Guild that there is an ongoing investigation into some unusual events surrounding the Bill. First, there is some confusion as to who or what killed the other Adventurers, and there is some suspicion your party was involved.
Second and more importantly, the Guild and Order both sent representatives and found the secret room your group encountered, and neither knew what it was or why. They are very curious as to what is going on and the entire circumstance is highly suspicious, thus the payment is being withheld for the moment.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:13 am

"from what i can tell it would be a more focused form of the bills we take now and of course if we wanted to quit we would have to inform them first as ""going rogue"" may have downsides, but as long as we do what we were sent there to do we get payed"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:15 am

"...If you really want a "long leash" as you say, you don't ask for it. You act like you want. And we still don't know what the salary is. That is what we should have asked."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:19 am

Having said his piece, Rory leaves goes hunting in the surrounding area for 4 hours.
Spoiler:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:21 am

After three hours of perusing the entire area you find not a single living thing other than the occasional bird flying overhead. You end up with nothing.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:22 am

"this is the Order the largest non military organisation in Derethian that isnt part of any nation, they run the temples heck they started recorded history, i dont think pay is going to be a problem and we couldnt have less information than we do now"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:23 am

"I vote no. I wasn't particularly impressed with The Order during or after the mission and I'd rather stay a freelancer. We already help people by doing Bills and I don't see how becoming cogs in the wheel that is The Order will change that.

I'll also remind all of you that Crilfu of Blackwater wanted to hire us without knowing the first thing about us. That's both highly unprofessional and disrespectful. This whole job business is rubbing me the wrong way."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:25 am

"he know one thing, that we were able to take down a feral Golem it seams that thay want people that have the power to get things done"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:19 am

"Man's got a way with words, i'll give him that much. Doesn't make me like the idea of being a lapdog for him or the order any better, though."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:37 am

"you say lapdog but why would it make you feel better if the job was to go work in the smithy all day making armour or horse shoes?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next