Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Third Adventure 03: Recovery and An Offer

+8
Ashakel
Sethos
Permeus (tabran)
Snarg of Wildpaw
Zeiss
Rory
Z
Archengeia
12 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Third Adventure 03: Recovery and An Offer - Page 4 Empty Re: Third Adventure 03: Recovery and An Offer

Post by K Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:41 am

Tabran Cole wrote:"you say lapdog but why would it make you feel better if the job was to go work in the smithy all day making armour or horse shoes?"

"Can the horse shoes kill you?"
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Third Adventure 03: Recovery and An Offer - Page 4 Empty Re: Third Adventure 03: Recovery and An Offer

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:43 am

"Danger is part of being an adventurer. Crilfu has said we'll be given all information if we do sign on, and we can negotiate specifics when we come to a consensus."
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:54 am

"Well, of course he has. We've caught his eye now."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:57 am

"As would any group of rag-tag adventurers with no real reputation who managed to take on a golem and win without a single casualty. It's more surprising that no one else seems to have taken enough notice of us to approach."

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:59 am

"the reason we didnt have the information we needed was because the job was outsourced to the Guild to try and help them out, if we did sign on with the order we would have all the information that they had, better gear and also remember that the Guild's work is drying up people aren't going to the guild with jobs as much any more, how meny bills have then been in the last 2 or so months 5, 6 if you count gladiator style fight that's coming up"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:16 am

Tabran Cole wrote:"the reason we didnt have the information we needed was because the job was outsourced to the Guild to try and help them out, if we did sign on with the order we would have all the information that they had, better gear and also remember that the Guild's work is drying up people aren't going to the guild with jobs as much any more, how meny bills have then been in the last 2 or so months 5, 6 if you count gladiator style fight that's coming up"

"If that's true, it shows their character right there. We're not part of the company, so we go into the job less prepared that we could. I'm not sure what their definition of generosity is towards the Guild, but some people i'd like to get input on that from, ended up slaughtered in that hole. And yes, we'd get around that by working for them, but is that how it works? We get their cooperation by proving we don't need it the first place?

I didn't rush to help Silvina and Gnawbone or the people of Kheynth because i thought they might be an asset. I did it because that's what you do. And yeah, i get some people don't have that principle, but that's not good enough for me, and it's certainly not the kind of people i'll tie myself down to."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:38 am

"how do you know that the guild wasn't given the information we need but chose not to put that in the bill because of scaring off people from taking the bill, we don't, all we have is what we think they may have done.

also lets not forget the first contact we had with the order, was when we went to the office, shouted at there receptionist who most likely had no idea what the bill was about and suddenly had 4 thugs in her face demanding to see some one about an adventurers guild bill, were lucky she didn't call for the town guard right there"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15 am

Tabran Cole wrote:"how do you know that the guild wasn't given the information we need but chose not to put that in the bill because of scaring off people from taking the bill, we don't, all we have is what we think they may have done.

also lets not forget the first contact we had with the order, was when we went to the office, shouted at there receptionist who most likely had no idea what the bill was about and suddenly had 4 thugs in her face demanding to see some one about an adventurers guild bill, were lucky she didn't call for the town guard right there"

"Scare us? We're professionals. They give us everything they've got, and we go out there and hunt it down. If that scares us, like it scared the last party to come by, then that'd be that. Still better than sending us into the dark without a light they could've given us but instead chose to hog for some reason. If they'd really done that, they'd deserve to go out of business.

As for the second point, i'll give you that. It was retarded. But even so, you don't turn people risking their lives for you out because of rudeness. That the brass didn't give any sort of instruction to the staff that adventurers working their problem should have access to the relevant information about said problem speaks a volume right there. However lot or little - forget about the Golem, we could've gotten incinerated by one of their own devices before we had even reached it. You think a deathtrap door wasn't worth mentioning?

And no, that would not have been hard to set up at all. Have some rep assigned to handle the adventurers going in, give them the available data, like the layout of the place, location of incinerating deathtraps posing as doors and whatnot - that is not asking for much by any reckoning. Instead, they stonewall us, like they probably stonewalled those poor bastards splattered on the wall. Is that the kind of people you want to be working for?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:34 am

Now that you mension it them traps didn't feel right, the magic light wall on the door I can see the reasoning behind but the fire spout trap doesn't make sence, also the secret room why have a secret room in a base that only your people have access too?

We know that there are people working in the shadow pulling strings look what happened to the mayor back on our first job and Oakheart too then there was that group of mages that imprisoned Big O.
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:00 pm

*Kezrin rolled over within her tent. The events of yesterday were fuzzy in her mind, her dreams however were still horrifyingly vivid. Snarg had been three times her size bearing down on her with a great sword laughing maniacal as he swung it down upon her head. Rory, also standing taller than his normal self, stood several feet back blood soaking one half of his face bow drawn and pointing directly at her. She let out a shiver and visibly shook off the image. Her mind turned to the words of the lycantrhope yesterday. She had attacked her comrades. She had no memory of it, but the statement rang true. Her favorite skirt was still smeared in blood, the ground under her feet showed patches dyed red from her hurried scrubbing. Her mind felt numb. She stood and noticed for the first time the Lugian sitting in the mouth of her tent. His head was listing forwards; she bet he had sat there all night without sleeping. She lifted a different edge of the tent and stepped out into the mid-morning sunshine. If she wasn't off her mark it was around 10 in the morning. She reached around her and took off the blood sullied skirt, dug a hole and buried it. Looking down she takes off her hat and her wonderful quill necklace and lays both of them just inside her tent, being careful not to be spotted by the Lugian. Taking her scarf out of her pack she wraps it around her face and takes a deep breath. She stretches and pushes one foot in front of the other running full speed in the direction of the hive.*

Spoiler:
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:27 pm

Zeiss learned from other people the investigation the Guild and the Order are conducting. He returns to the party's table.

"It looks like the Order and the Guild didn't know about that hidden room that we found and are looking into it. While making sure we didn't kill the other group to keep the Bill all for ourselves, which shouldn't be difficult since the bodies were decomposing for a certain time now..."

"And no, that would not have been hard to set up at all. Have some rep assigned to handle the adventurers going in, give them the available data, like the layout of the place, location of incinerating deathtraps posing as doors and whatnot - that is not asking for much by any reckoning. Instead, they stonewall us, like they probably stonewalled those poor bastards splattered on the wall. Is that the kind of people you want to be working for?"

"Now, where did you get the idea that it was the Order that set up this trap? The adventurers we found may be responsible for that. Maybe we should have asked this representative... And as for a map, you didn't even ask it from the receptionist."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:51 pm

"Now, where did you get the idea that it was the Order that set up this trap? The adventurers we found may be responsible for that. Maybe we should have asked this representative... And as for a map, you didn't even ask it from the receptionist."

"Where did you? Pretty sure i didn't say that, not that it's any less laughable to think the wallpaint may have done it. As for the map, we didn't get the chance to, partly because tempers were let fly when they shouldn't have, but the receptionist was way too quick to peg us all for that and deny us any assistance, not that she seemed all that forthcoming to begin with."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:29 pm

Higaide wrote:"Where did you? Pretty sure i didn't say that, not that it's any less laughable to think the wallpaint may have done it. As for the map, we didn't get the chance to, partly because tempers were let fly when they shouldn't have, but the receptionist was way too quick to peg us all for that and deny us any assistance, not that she seemed all that forthcoming to begin with."

"...Yeah, next time someone intimidates me, I'll make sure to preserve the well-being of that person. Maybe then I will hold up to this level of perfection and tolerance you ask from others."

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:34 pm

"I don't ask for anything. Not from them, not from you. By the same token, i want nothing to do with them either."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Hearing the Olthoi running off he stands and watches her leave without ever looking back, Gwydo heads to the inn for breakfast.

"Kezrinthka is gone", he states sadly as he joins the group. "I believe it is unlikely she will be returning."
Catching up on the morning's business, his first thought on the idea of working for the order was simple: "Can we turn down jobs that we are given, or are we to be expected to complete a job regardless if we feel ready or morally against it?"
His voice is tired, his head is hanging low. You can tell he never slept last night, despite his injuries and fatigue.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:54 pm

"Unknown."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:02 pm

"You all were willing to kill the Gnolls on our first job if necessary. I do not think we will face a job that is more challenging on our morals than that."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:08 pm

"No, you lying hypocrite, YOU were. I was trying to prevent that at every turn, and got made into a murderer thanks to your blood-thirst and stupidity. If you want to go kiss your new master's ass, no one's stopping you, but don't bring me down to your level."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:15 pm

"Just to clarify : you made the choice to follow me. You also made the choice to kill that Gnoll. I was trying to tackle him because we needed him alive. You and Raver murdered him. Own up to what you did and do not push that responsibility onto me. And if you really wanted to prevent the death of these Gnolls from the start, maybe you should not have signed up on the job that asked to kill them."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Zeiss wrote:"Just to clarify : you made the choice to follow me. You also made the choice to kill that Gnoll. I was trying to tackle him because we needed him alive. You and Raver murdered him. Own up to what you did and do not push that responsibility onto me. And if you really wanted to prevent the death of these Gnolls from the start, maybe you should not have signed up on the job that asked to kill them."

"Get one thing straight, fire-pants: i ever get a bill on you, expect no mercy."

*Walks out. Blood is boiling as it is.*
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:30 pm

Spoiler:
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:35 pm

"And here we are with the death threats... maybe that's why Kez left the group. With us attacking her like that."

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:21 pm

To all
Spoiler:
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Rory sat silently in the corner while the rest of the group argued. He kept doing a double take on his ear with his hand, half expecting it to be cut short. After Higaide and Ziess storm out, he lumbers over to where his allies discussed the dilemma.

"I'm changing my vote," he said. "You figure it out. I'd like to care, but I just don't have the strength to. I'll be in my room if you need me."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:17 am

While the discussion continues, several fairly formal looking individuals come by with guards in full Magma armor and weapons. They are looking to interview several people from the group about recent circumstances. They are insisting on talking with a Rory, Snarg, Kolson, and Zeiss. They do not look like they will take no for an answer.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next