Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day

+8
K
Z
Snarg of Wildpaw
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Rory
Zeiss
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
12 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day

Post by Rory Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:39 am

Noticing Zeiss start looking around, Rory starts looking this way and that, trying his best to do the same.
Spoiler:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:41 am

Kolson, at the mine, is considering his options when he turns suddenly realizes Z is standing there, causing him to jump. Z looks at Kolson almost impassively, as if wondering what his reaction was towards.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:42 am

Snarg of Wildpaw wrote:Snarg responds to Kez: "Ya know. Maybe it ain't fer us to be knowin' 'bout it. If ya really wantin' to be gettin' 'em to be trustin' what ya say, maybe ya be showin' some trust in 'em too. If he ain't wantin' to be showin' it to ya - just be sayin' 'okay' an' be movin' on," he leans in close to Kez, "ya gotta be havin' secrets ya ain't wantin' anyone to be knowin' 'bout, yeah? Is that meanin' we gotta be kickin' ya doors down?"

".... just a suggestion..." *she moves off a little ways to the back of the group. you can't tell if she's sulking or still embarrassed.*
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:44 am

"Geeze, speak of Z and Z appears indeed," Kolson laughs. "Were you here the whole time?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:46 am

Snarg shrugs and calls out to Kez as she moves off. "Ain't sayin' ya wrong, just givin' ya some thinkin'. I'm gettin' my door kicked down recent-like, if ya be remembrin'" He watches her move off, shrugs, and leans back against the wall.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:47 am

*kez looks up at snarg and smiles after a few minutes.*

"Snarg."

* you think she is calling you over.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:47 am

as the Lt show no sigh of moving Tab looks up and down the passageway

"ok the Mayor used the word Witch hunt and now while he may be useing it in a passing scene i know of only one time it has been used to refer to an event, Desolates now what this has to do with the door i have no idea but it is a little odd that he should use that word"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:50 am

Snarg stops biting his arm fur and looks up at Kez. He moves over to her, a half-surprised look on his face. "Ya?"
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:51 am

Seeing as Zeiss is not taking initiative as he was before, Rory approaches Dara and whispers:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Rory on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:51 am

Z mutters, almost inaudibly, "Bathroom."

The lieutenant's eyes narrow at the word. "Now... that's a word I don't like hearing. I don't like what it does to people, and I don't care who or what you are, sending children to the Dires to die is..." he actually struggles for words. "Is just plain wrong."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:52 am

Snarg of Wildpaw wrote:Snarg stops biting his arm fur and looks up at Kez. He moves over to her, a half-surprised look on his face. "Ya?"

*Kezrin reaches out and hugs you tight.*

"Thank you... all this talk of war has me.. well I don't like it.. I'm afraid.. very.. of what might come, and I'm not quite myself."
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:56 am

The two Trolls, still holding hands, arrive at the third sub-level of the mine. Both of them look like they're walking to their execution. They don't even have to touch the wall, it melts away like a mirage on desert sands and you see a hallway, crudely carved, leading further down into the rock. Towards the end you see a large number of instruments, most Pyreal of make, several of which you don't really understand the usage of but Sethos, Caladrius, and Kolson all blink as they recognize several of these instruments as extremely expensive, high-quality healing devices used to analyze diseases, viruses, and other malledies and attempt to devise a cure from them. As you move further in you realize the facility is rather large, and you hear a high-pitched voice muttering as a very old looking Gnome comes around the corner. Anyone with any sense recognizes immediately that the Gnome is very skilled in their profession, having elaborate equipment of wild and powerful utility on every single part of their person, including some sort of gear & magic hat which is constantly spinning in a circle, and what looks like an entire arm that is encased in or replaced by metal.

Everyone but Rory and Higaide recognizes the Gnome instantly, as he is world famous; Wizzle Cogspanner. He is an expert White Mage who has spent his entire career dedicated towards trying to cure the blight known as Desolation.

As that enters your mind you see what he has been working around; there is a nursery crib, very well crafted and looking very out of place in the otherwise mechanical and sterile room of rock and equipment. The crib seems appointed with various Woven and enchanted items and fields to make it comfortable, and a very young Troll baby is cooing inside the crib.

Hanuel inhales sharply the moment they see the baby, actually recoiling and taking a step back. "That... that's..."

Forith nods solemnly. "Yes. Tarsella and I fell in love over a year ago, but kept our relationship the product of local rumor and busybodies... until she was with child, and birthed us a baby girl." There are tears in his eyes. "We called her Eliarshia, after my grandmother... but we realized so quickly what she was."

At this the Gnome seems to, finally, realize over a dozen people (including the Lieutenant) have entered his laboratory. "OH, greetings Forith! Wasn't expecting the latest bundle of Magicite til tonight, but who needs schedules anyways!" He gives a light laugh, seeming a veritable bundle of energy.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:57 am

Archengeia wrote:Z mutters, almost inaudibly, "Bathroom."

"Kind of a strange time to go to the bathroom. Are you okay? Is it something you ate?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:59 am

Snarg flails a bit,obviously a bit uncomfortable in the practice of hugging. After a moment he composes himself and pats her on the back. "Eh, yeah. It ain't gonna be good fer anyone."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:01 am

Lieutenant Torntoe turns around and immediately marches towards the end of the corridor to slam the door shut, lest anyone else wander in here. Those who look at him oddly, he responds, "Not everyone can understand the plight of the Desolate."

Z is staring straight at the baby, unblinking. If there is any reaction in their expression, it is intangible.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:01 am

At the sight of all the strange devices and equipment, Rory instinctively laid his hand on his battleaxe, clearly surprised and adopting a defensive stance. "And...what? What is she?" he asked.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:01 am

"Um... you'll have to pardon my ignorance, i see nothing wrong with her."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:02 am

*Kezrin immediately moves into the room. She looks down on the tiny baby girl and smiles warmly. Turning back to the couple.*

"She is beautiful. What a precious little girl. May I?"

*She gestures that she would like to hold the baby.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:03 am

Hanuel, through hissed teeth, gets out "That... baby is afflicted with Desolation." Their first reaction is obviously horror, but after a moment their expression softens as compassion cross their features.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:04 am

"so i take it that she is withou.......... i can see why you would want to hide this and i take it the equipment is to try and help?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:05 am

"Uh, why does she need help?"
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:06 am

Rory visibly relaxed, though Hanuel's reaction tested his calm. "Hanuel, I don't understand what that is..." he said nervously, expecting the Fairy to pick up where he left off.

Last edited by Rory on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:06 am

Sethos clasps his hands around his mouth as he walks forwards, his wide eyes staring at the crib.
"Oh, you poor little thing" He whispers as he looks at the baby looking blankly back at him. "It all makes sense". He rubs his head as he turns to the troll couple. "I'm so sorry, I really, I didn't think, oh we're idiots". He then turns around and walks back outside, pulling his pipe from his robes as he goes.
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:08 am

"And here I was expecting some kind of State's secret..."

Zeiss sighs.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:09 am

Snarg tenses up. "Yep... we're gonna be leavin', I'm thinkin'. Ya seen enough." he gestures to those still watching. He gives a look of pity and apology to the Trolls as he leaves.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next