Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day

+8
K
Z
Snarg of Wildpaw
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Rory
Zeiss
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
12 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:09 am

"how long can you keep this a secret? do you have the funding to keep this going?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day

Post by Z Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:11 am

Snarg of Wildpaw wrote:Snarg tenses up. "Yep... we're gonna be leavin', I'm thinkin'. Ya seen enough." he gestures to those still watching. He gives a look of pity and apology to the Trolls as he leaves.

*at Snargs words Kezrin looks longingly at the beautiful girl in her arms and her parents once more and bows her head she knows there is not time. She turns to the parents, handing their daughter to her mother..*

"She is truly precious. I am sorry for my doubts on your persons."

*There are tears in her eyes as she walks away.*

Last edited by Kezrinthka (Xahn) on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:11 am

The two Trolls, obviously overwhelmingly relieved at the party's benign reaction, hug each other and nod at the Olthoi as Kezrinthka expertly picks up the baby Troll and holds her in her claws. The baby coos and gives a tiny smile.

The Gnome is rubbing some sweat off his brow. "Been having good responses, good tests, don't think I can cure her but my she is a healthy one!" He grins, beaming, and his mood is surprisingly light and jovial for the situation. "Almost whapped me with my own lensbar earlier! Got a good laugh out of her though." He looks up and down at the party, again seeming to notice them for the first time. "Quite a crew... I do hope you're all here to help? Their kind can use all the help they can get, you know."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:16 am

"I'm not even sure what the problem is. How can we help?"
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:16 am

Hanuel, who is absentmindedly scratching Dara, says, "Desolation is... a strange affliction. We don't know what causes it or what makes it happen, but some people are just born........" they struggle for words. "Born without Elemental essence. Like we all are, all of us all people, plants, trees, animals, every blade of grass and spec of dust out there in the world has Elemental energy within it and flowing through it, except them." Hanuel shivers. "Most... most people can't stand them, just being near them. Even if they harbor no hatred in their hearts it comes out anyways, Desolates are just so contrary to the rest of us and we to them, we can't help it. So..." a few tears are starting to roll down their face. "So the most 'humane' thing the world has come up with is to banish them, immediately, for their own safety. Make them congregate amongst their own kind, deep in the Dires. No one even knows where Segregate is, that's--that's what they call their home." Hanuel takes a deep breath, trying to compose themselves. "It's a horrible fate. Hundreds die, because it's so easy to detect Desolation at such an early age that children and..."

"And babies," Forith suddenly interrupts. "Even babies are sent out into the wastes, the wilds, forests and hills, to die. Because no one else can tolerate them." There is a hard, determined edge in his tone as he turns towards the group. "This is the task I mentioned to you, the thing I have had on my mind ever since my baby girl was born. I admit it, I am no better than any other thrower of stones or hate, but I can change that." A pause. "I will change that. I will help our people accept and take Desolates amongst them as they were meant to be... one of us. One of our own people, and not the monsters that are hated and feared."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:20 am

"Lt what are your intentions?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:21 am

*Trying to take in the meaning of what Hanuel just said.*

"(And i thought Hlaalu was racist.)"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:23 am

Lieutenant Torntoe has his arms folded, shaking his head. "Nothing. All I see is a young couple and their adorable baby girl. What they do past that is up to them."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:25 am

"Yeah, that's my take as well."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:25 am

Rory's eyes widened in surprise. "You mean, children--how? My gods, I could try to understand, but how could anybody be so moved to abandon even a young child to a harsh environment--let alone kill them on the spot!?" His mouth quivered in disgust at the very notion. Merely dwelling on it caused him to furrow his brow, his lips to curl in a partial snarl. He shakes his head and began to pace, not yet having the mind to even ask how they, the party included, intends to approach this.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:25 am

tab nod's

"good.

mayor i mean Forith what do you plan to do now? after we are gone?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:26 am

"Just to make sure Mister Mayor... We were being watched yesterday when we were coming to your town. Do you know anything about that?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:27 am

Kolson is dumbstruck at the implications of their discovery. He walks closer and removes his hat, just standing there looking on. After some time, he walks over to the Trolls and says, "Sir. Madame. I have wronged you. I am so sorry for everything I said."

He tears up a bit as he tries to explain. "We've seen so many secrets this past month, so many people hurt or killed by them. I didn't," he trails off, words failing him in his misery.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:28 am

Rory wrote:Rory's eyes widened in surprise. "You mean, children--how? My gods, I could try to understand, but how could anybody be so moved to abandon even a young child to a harsh environment--let alone kill them on the spot!?" His mouth quivered in disgust at the very notion. Merely dwelling on it caused him to furrow his brow, his lips to curl in a partial snarl. He shakes his head and began to pace, not yet having the mind to even ask how they, the party included, intends to approach this.

*Kezrin tenses at his words. And turns back.*

"yes it is a horrifying and disgusting practice. I don't understand it myself."

*she shakes her head and turns Haunel away from the girl, understanding his upset but not, and leads him away.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:30 am

to the Gnome

"sir dose there look like any hope?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:32 am

Forith is still holding his beloved. "I have put away some money from my own pouch, a considerable amount. Tarsella will take Eliarshia away towards Colier, they're more tolerant up there... of everything, really. They'll live there, unconnected to me. As for me..." that look of determination returns. "I'm going to talk to father, talk to everyone I know, I'm not that unconnected. I'm going to try to get things moving, get policies enacted, people who can be trusted. I'm going to send an envoy to the Olthoi, I know they can't be affected by the malice, maybe get something organized across ..." he trails off. "It's going to take a while, but I'm doing to do everything I can to turn this despicable practice around."

At Zeiss' question he frowns. "A spy? I..." fear enters him, but leaves a moment later. "No, no one could possibly suspect our daughter. But what other reason to follow you, here?" He considers. "Scouts from Stonehold? Rival dissidents? Our own military? I have only guesses I'm afraid."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:35 am

Wizzle shakes his head no, but his enthusiasm remains undiminished. "Not as of yet, but I will learn everything I can about this malady. I'm not, you see, really in the search for a cure so much these days as a way to remove the magical contradiction between they and we, to help them adapt within modern society as well. I have also been learning about the affliction itself more and more, trying to discern why it happens, what it's effects are, that sort of thing. For example, did you know there's actually Advanced Desolation?" He bobs his glasses a bit, adjusting them. "I feel for folks like that. They have it much rougher."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:35 am

Zeiss groans loudly.

"Perfect. Just frelling perfect. They are still on us."

He goes in one corner of the room, pondering.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:35 am

Snarg addresses Toretoe: "Ya know, ya old ways ain't dead yet," he motions back inside the door, "maybe we be givin' a bit a comp to be makin' sure they bein' travelin' safe, yep? I'm thinkin' Naverre got some tricks fer that."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:36 am

Rory begins the talk among the party about what to do. "So what do we do, then? Gods, we can't. I won't."

He then turned to the curious Gnome, and asked, "Are you...trying to cure the condition? To give it this elemental essence you speak of?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:39 am

Torntoe nods slowly. "I like that idea. Quite a lot." Without a word he reaches into his robes and pulls out what looks like a fairly hefty coin purse and hands it to Tarsella, and gives a low bow. "I am deeply sorry, madam, that one of your soldiers, who is sworn to protect and defend you, has failed in this task. Please take this with my grief, and regret."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:40 am

"Forith i do belie that i owe you an apologize for my actions will you except it"

tab extends his hand
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:42 am

With several of the group talking to Wizzle, and others offering condolences to the couple, Z walks over to the crib and stands there but a moment before returning to their vigil. In a steady, normal tone they declare, "If we are still being watched, we cannot help this child. We... I will not endanger their lives with whatever danger follows us."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:43 am

Snarg follows Toretoe and follows up with his own pouch. He wordlessly drops it along side Toretoe's and leaves to lean outside the door again.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:45 am

*Kez tears still in her eyes. Walks over and does the same.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next