Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Adventure 02: The Metropolis of Holtburg

+10
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Snarg of Wildpaw
Kolson
Ashakel
Rory
Zeiss
Gwydo
K
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
14 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Sixth Adventure 02: The Metropolis of Holtburg - Page 10 Empty Re: Sixth Adventure 02: The Metropolis of Holtburg

Post by Kolson Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:34 am

It's 5:30 and Kolson is getting hungry. He'd been working on carefully crafting his letter to Van for some time having missed lunch entirely. But he was finally satisfied.

He knew it was a great risk to contact him, but Kolson was willing to take this one chance. Money, contacts, a place to lay low that wouldn't cost money. The benefits surely outweighed the dangers, right? No need to tell anyone else about it.

He grabbed his hat and left his room, locking the door behind him. He walked down the stairs and tipped his hat in greeting at the innkeeper before stepping out into the afternoon air. Crowded as usual.

He flagged down a nearby taxi and climbed in the back, saying, "Commerce District Country Express. And don't take the Breach. Go around."

Arch:

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Sixth Adventure 02: The Metropolis of Holtburg - Page 10 Empty Re: Sixth Adventure 02: The Metropolis of Holtburg

Post by Archengeia Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:35 am

Zeiss:
You find a convenient bench that meets your requirements and sit comfortably. It is not very long before a very familiar elf sits next to you, quite casually and comfortably. You did not see nor hear them approach, and they aren't even moving their lips when they talk. "How interested?"

Snarg:
As you hang out at Country Rider, not only do you spot Kolson on approach as you are looking around you get the distinct impression you are being watched, though you do not spot anybody.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:43 am

Fedwaith answers casually, while speaking low enough so that no one else can hear them.

"Enough to risk falling into a trap."

He pauses to look a group of people passing before him.

"You seem to know a lot about me. I can only speculate on who you are."

Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:45 am

Kolson:
It takes about half an hour for the taxi to hover its way to the central Country Rider station, which is what the driver assumes you wanted. The fare is trivial by your standards, and as usual the area is completely crammed.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:49 am

Zeiss:
The man pulls out a local newspaper and begins to read through it casually. "Traps aren't our style. The Flock would remove you easily enough if we wanted it. Fully legitimate too, mister wanted criminal." He flips the page. "I'm just an Elf trying to make his way in the world, nothing special. We know quite a bit about you, of course."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:52 am

'Kort' takes out a piece of parchment and writes for a moment. Folding it up, he approaches Kolson and offers him the paper. "I think you dropped this," he adjusts his voice to a quieter tone, "if you see anyone else in the circle who's got some contacts, meet me there at some point tomorrow. Feel free to come yourself."

Glancing nervously over his shoulder, he moves over to send a letter at the post.

Paper
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:54 am

Caladius walks outside and far, far away trying to avoid anyone. once far, far from where his group is staying, he finds a small group of soldiers and asks them "excuse me, what is with all there wanted posters? They must have done something horrific to be plastered everywhere!?"
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: White Mage
Race: Lord Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:05 am

Zeiss sighs.

"A death trap is not what I was thinking... There are things that are more frightening than that."

He looks at a beautiful elf woman who is talking to a vendor. Then speak again.

"I was forced to join the Flock to pay a debt. When I could, I left to travel with strangers to learn how to survive in this world. Then the Order offered us a job. And blamed us when it was convenient."

He pauses for a second.

"The risks, I can accept them. But I want to know what would be expected of me if I was to work with you."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:07 am

Snarg:
You find multiple jobs nearby related to carrying mundane cargo and freight around the docks, but surprisingly little else. You learn, if you ask around, this is because most groups in the area rely on larger mercenary companies or worker combines for work, as industrial sabotage is fairly common.
No one knows what's going to happen next but one thing you do learn is trade has been on a slow decline for years now as the Naverre, in general, make better trading partners and the entire system of Aluvia's economy relies on new markets and resources to come in more or less continuously. You deduce, quite logically, that they will be forced to adopt a new model across the Kingdom or find new lands and resources in order to survive economically.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:18 am

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:25 am

Caladrius wrote:Caladius walks outside and far, far away trying to avoid anyone. once far, far from where his group is staying, he finds a small group of soldiers and asks them "excuse me, what is with all there wanted posters? They must have done something horrific to be plastered everywhere!?"
The soldiers, dressed in decorative blue and gold armor, stop and nod at you. "I heard that story, though I dunno details. Them peoples were some sick bastards actually trying to help start a war. Can you imagine the perverse kind of mind that'd want that state of affairs?"

Fedwaith wrote:Zeiss sighs.
"A death trap is not what I was thinking... There are things that are more frightening than that."
He looks at a beautiful elf woman who is talking to a vendor. Then speak again.
"I was forced to join the Flock to pay a debt. When I could, I left to travel with strangers to learn how to survive in this world. Then the Order offered us a job. And blamed us when it was convenient."
He pauses for a second.
"The risks, I can accept them. But I want to know what would be expected of me if I was to work with you."
"Oh nothing much. Do everything we say, when we say it. You have latitude on the 'how'." He flips the page again. "Rewards depend on performance. Do well, and you will be well paid and well positioned when we take over. Do badly, and you will die."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:26 am

"Thank you, kind sir. I'm so clumsy today." He tips his hat to the gnoll, whoever he is, and stuffs the paper into his pocket for now. He then continues and mails his letter to Van.

Arch:

Kolson leaves the office promptly and walks to a nearby cafe, ordering the house special and taking the opportunity to look at Snarg's note. He memorizes it and destroys it by rubbing grease from his food on it until the paper is a soggy, but clear, mess. He hides this action by using the paper as a napkin with the occasional clumsy spill.

Last edited by Kolson (Farwikt) on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:30 am

"Take over, huh..."

Fedwaith thinks for a few moments.

"Would I work alone?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:34 am

Zeiss:
"Oh you'd be working with your party still of course. Wouldn't want too many suspicions. I doubt they'd be aware of your true objectives of course." For the first time there is a tiny crack in his facade as you see a malevolent grin flit across his features. "Of course you could inform them, but I don't think that'd turn out well for either of you."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:44 am

"...You are a charmer."

The elf woman leaves. Fedwaith looks at her one last time.

"One last question : why offer this to me?"

He already guessed an answer. But he wanted to hear it from him.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:49 am

Zeiss:
"Oh that's easy." The Elf stands and folds his newspaper. "You are the easiest to manipulate." He walks off without another word.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:51 am

It was a good meal, but Kolson knew he had been out long enough. He flagged down another taxi and entered, saying, "The east end of Sailor's Walk, avoid the Breach."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:56 am

Not paying attention to the elf leaving, Fedwaith leaves the bench after a few minutes and goes back to his room.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:08 am

Rory spent a couple hours sitting around, lying his bed and pouring over notes. Later, he exercised at a slack pace for at least an hour, idling in between activities. It had been a while since he had done any routines to keep up his physique. After a fair bit of stretching, he headed out of his room and knocked on Zeiss' door, boldly and crudely.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:12 am

Fedwaith opens his door to see a tall man. He observes him to see if he is drunk.

"...Yes Rory?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:14 am

Fedwaith wrote:Fedwaith opens his door to see a tall man. He observes him to see if he is drunk.

"...Yes Rory?"
Rory raises a brow at Zeiss, incredulous that he had just used his real name openly. He waved his visa in front of Zeiss' face, whispering:
Spoiler:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:21 am

Fedwaith lets him enter the room and closes the door behind him.

"What is it?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:28 am

Rory positions the chair opposite the bed and sits. "I've been trying to avoid interacting with people entirely, being a mute and an Elf of all things. I just don't see a way to do that in a crowd of people," he sighs in a tone barely above a whisper. "I need to know what's going on out there."

He ends in a way that communicates that he's waiting a social prompt, or a beat of silence in the absence of one, before continuing.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:32 am

Fedwaith looks at him with curiosity.

"You could buy a newspaper if you want to know what is happening in the world. Or listen to people talk."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:39 am

Fedwaith wrote:Fedwaith looks at him with curiosity.

"You could buy a newspaper if you want to know what is happening in the world. Or listen to people talk."
"Yeah, well I'm gonna listen to you. I want to know what everybody's doing. Has Fierneceal met her contact?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next