Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 13th: Kolson, Rory, Hanuel

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

February 13th: Kolson, Rory, Hanuel - Page 2 Empty Re: February 13th: Kolson, Rory, Hanuel

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:13 am

"Lady, They may have resources and facilities. They may even have them soon. But, more importantly we offer what they cannot: Loyalty and Reputation. We are working with the remnants of the old Undermarket to ensure a continuation of the old ways, even as we change to better meet the needs of the now and future.

We employ the finest Holtburgion artisans and craftsmen. You know their work and reputation.

But that isn't all we offer. Trade is not just the flow of goods and services, but the ebb and flow of information as well. For example, did you know that Naverre has invented a sandship capable of traveling under and through the dessert? A most wondrous item in my personal opinion. One that could decide the course of wars, yes?"

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

February 13th: Kolson, Rory, Hanuel - Page 2 Empty Re: February 13th: Kolson, Rory, Hanuel

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:27 am

The woman considers you carefully, stroking her chin with gloved fingers. "And I suppose you have a reason why you, an accused war criminal, speak for this new Undermarket and are the one to reach out to me? To offer me these boons of utility and information?" Her eyes are locked on yours, calculating.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:34 am

"Perhaps I'm just doing the economy a favor out of the kindness of my heart," Rory quipped.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:42 am

"Perhaps, Rory. But to be honest, I'm not sure why we are here. But I can guess.

I believe the boss of the Undermarket here in Holtburg wanted us to meet. So you could see his new allies and take the measure of us. And so we can meet you and take the measure of the Lord of Holtburg.

Tell me, if you will Lady, what do you think so far?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:35 am

The woman gives the tiniest bit of a smirk as she glances at Rory, then turns her serious face back towards Kolson. "I see that the remnants of the Undermarket have not lost their penchant for being simultaneously circuitous and to the point. I think you are correct, my Elven friend." She adjusts her stance, putting her hands back behind her back, a military pose. "In the interest of bluntness, I will say that I like your offer better then theirs. And I will even tell you why. I can tell that you are ambitious, but you are also cautious. You want to rebuild, starting from here, where you should. And you want to expand slowly, making a new Undermarket in place of the old one, not building on ashes and rubble. I like that idea better then simply planting a new building on top of an old one whole-scale. Shoddy architecture." She gives the tiniest grin at her joke. "So. You have my ear, for now. But I still need more assurances... specifics would be nice."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:00 am

"Well, starting with the old crew will save on hiring costs," Rorys started. "One of my companions made note of two houses and a warehouse close to the military all empty. Could be a good opportunity to expand. We heard the rumors of a town in trouble and another no one's heard a peep from. We were planning on heading out to Janwall when our errand was done here. We can put our minds to setting something up in either or both, and try to solve problems on the way, spread the good news to the right ears."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:18 am

The woman considers, tapping her chin. "I do like the idea of keeping the old crafters in the loop... Aluvian workers for Aluvian jobs, and on top of that we know their quality is good. And reaching out to local cities one by one is an excellent idea, again that concept of rebuilding slowly." She thinks for a moment. "What about distribution, transit, buying, selling? And have you looked to inter-national trade yet?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:13 am

"Transit will focus on armed caravan and airship, with mass quantity goods using Rail, ships, and air ships as required. Fortunately our nation is more than capable in this area.

Distribution will be as before with the size and scope of the contracts determining whether or not we contract with individuals, groups, guilds, and companies. It really depends on cargo and population densities.

Buying and selling will be through our current agents, but is definitely an area we'll be focusing on in our coming expansion. I'll have to confer with my colleagues before I can get you hard data but rest assured it is a top priority.

International trade is one of our goals but for now we need to focus on rebuilding our base. The faster we can get Holtburg and Aluvia moving again, the faster we'll be able to get foreign trade back on track. Basically the stronger we make Holtburg, the stronger we make Aluvia. And just like the dominoes falling upon each other, soon we will have trade reopened on the continent."

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:29 am

The Lady of Holtburg listens to what you're saying, and you can see her taking mental notes as she goes. "A bit ambitious, wanting to use Airship transit for so much cargo, but if you can pull it off I will confess myself impressed. Other than that, it sounds good to me." She steps forward with one hand outstretched. "I suppose we'll make it as official as it ever gets with your people. I'll start working on clearing names on my end, shouldn't take long, you get me regular contacts and a name to my office, and we'll work from there."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:54 am

"I agree, My Lady, but these are the times for ambition and courage." Kolson takes her hand and gives it a good shake. "I'll have that information to you tomorrow. You honestly weren't what I expected this evening but nevertheless it was a pleasure to meet you, Lady Lightmane."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:01 pm

Before the group left, Rory gave a respectful head bow.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:53 pm

Before the group leaves, Hanuel speaks up for the first time. "Ah.. Lady Lightmane, I have... a warning for you. I don't know who this other group that made an offer was, but what I do know is there are people out there seeking discord and chaos. They were the ones behind the destruction of Fort Bleached Bones, behind the kidnapping of one of our comrades, behind forcing artificial, twisted elemental affinities onto people, and any group with magic that powerful is one to be cautious about."
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2