Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 01.3: Gwydo, Kolson, Rory, Caladrius

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

First Adventure 01.3: Gwydo, Kolson, Rory, Caladrius Empty First Adventure 01.3: Gwydo, Kolson, Rory, Caladrius

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Your team questions the local militia and Constable regarding what's being done to combat the recent Gnoll attacks. You are currently 'in line' with an audience with the Mayor, but are uncertain if you will actually get to meet him or not.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Archengeia on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 01.3: Gwydo, Kolson, Rory, Caladrius Empty Re: First Adventure 01.3: Gwydo, Kolson, Rory, Caladrius

Post by Caladrius Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:51 pm

Awareness check, I want to know who else is waiting, and if there is a receptionist. If there is a receptionist, I want to talk to them to see f i can get an audience faster.

I would roll, but I cant even remember what too roll? 1d20?
if Gwydo (Team lead) doesnt respond in the next hour, I will roll if thats cool with the party?
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: White Mage
Race: Lord Elf

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 01.3: Gwydo, Kolson, Rory, Caladrius Empty Re: First Adventure 01.3: Gwydo, Kolson, Rory, Caladrius

Post by Gwydo Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:56 pm

Spoiler:
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Caladrius wrote:Awareness check, I want to know who else is waiting, and if there is a receptionist. If there is a receptionist, I want to talk to them to see f i can get an audience faster.

I would roll, but I cant even remember what too roll? 1d20?
if Gwydo (Team lead) doesnt respond in the next hour, I will roll if thats cool with the party?
There are no less than 11 other people currently in line already, which surprises you given how early in the morning it is. As you look at them it occurs to you that a few of the people further up in line, who are lounging or sitting on the floor, have a look about them like they've been waiting since last night. There is a receptionist, a young-looking Orc boy who is actively scribbling his way through what looks like a fairly large pile of paperwork.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Caladrius approaches the young-looking Orc boy and in Orcish
In Orcish
Spoiler:
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:11 pm

As quietly as he can, Gwydo whispers to Caladruis "What did you say?"
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:21 pm

From beneath his hood, Caladrius whispers to Gwydo, "I just told him that we are on a mission from the guild and the lives will be in jeopardy if we don't see the mayor immediately. I thought it might be best to ask in Orcish to calm the boy and not alert other who might be listening."
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:24 pm

Caladrius wrote:Caladrius approaches the young-looking Orc boy and in Orcish
In Orcish
Spoiler:
The boy doesn't even look up at you and responds, in Common. "I'm afraid the Mayor is currently in a meeting with several members of the local guard. You can wait in line if you prefer, I believe an opening will be up in..." he glances up at the line briefly "...3 days."
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:36 pm

Caladrius wispers to Gwydo "The Political system at its best; the boy is not going to make this easy. You can attempt to persuade him or bluff, I will look for alternate means to gain audience."

Caladrius walks over to the first person in line and strikes up a conversation.
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:43 pm

Caladrius wrote:Caladrius wispers to Gwydo "The Political system at its best; the boy is not going to make this easy. You can attempt to persuade him or bluff, I will look for alternate means to gain audience."

The man, a terribly bored looking Ogre, blinks up at you with sleepy eyes. "Good luck getting in to see him... I been here for two nights so far." He yawns, stretching one massive arm out. "All I want to talk to him about is getting me a permit for dealing in weapons and armor, got a sweet deal with a Lugian blacksmith who's set up shop in town. He makes, I sells... win win." He scowls. "Except for the 3 day wait."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Great. A line. Rory should have expected it. First a side trip to a temple for a prayer, and now they were waiting in line with 11 other people. They ought to check back when the line was shorter. After a while, he started standing stretches with his legs in place.

He thought about bringing his grievances to Gwydo, but the the possibility of getting on the bad side of a paladin lugian made him think twice. Instead, he would make a positive suggestion.

"We need an audience today! Can't you--" he catches himself as he starts, and then lowers his voice to a whisper for Caladrius and Gwydo: "shouldn't it be enough to simply mention the gnoll attacks being the sole reason why we are seeking audience?"
Spoiler:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Spoiler:
The militia has surprisingly little information regarding the recent attacks. Apparently, from what you gather, the militia (who are both tired and irritable) are on extra-long shifts and frequent patrols of the township proper, and rarely venture out to the homesteads and farmlands. This is actually quite abnormal, but with the looming threat of war the Constable believed this was the best possible action to be alert for any attacks or attempts of sabotage.
Several militiamen and women theorize that the recent Gnoll attacks are due in part to their reduced presence out in the farms.
You also learn that the Gnolls have not once attacked further into the city.
While questioning several people at the local Spacial temple, you are surprised to learn that, to-date, there have been no known deaths to the Gnoll attacks.
Finally, you do hear a rumor that the Gnolls attack from and retreat towards the northwest area. After some questioning, you do learn that there is a chasm / canyon in that general vicinity with a below-ground river running at its base.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Archengeia wrote:
Caladrius wrote:Caladrius wispers to Gwydo "The Political system at its best; the boy is not going to make this easy. You can attempt to persuade him or bluff, I will look for alternate means to gain audience."

The man, a terribly bored looking Ogre, blinks up at you with sleepy eyes. "Good luck getting in to see him... I been here for two nights so far." He yawns, stretching one massive arm out. "All I want to talk to him about is getting me a permit for dealing in weapons and armor, got a sweet deal with a Lugian blacksmith who's set up shop in town. He makes, I sells... win win." He scowls. "Except for the 3 day wait."

Caladrius talks to the Ogre.
In Orcish
Spoiler:
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Caladrius wrote:Caladrius talks to the Ogre.
In Orcish
Spoiler:
The Ogre looks at you for a moment, pondering. "I don't believe you... but if you're brazen enough to tell a lie that badly, you're either stupid or desperate. And you don't look stupid to me." He grunts. "You get in front of me in the line, but that's not going to help you get past him still," he points at the Orc boy who has, this entire time, been scribbling continuously at his paperwork.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:33 pm

A little flustered at the lack of response to his impatient words, Rory decides to make his own attempt. After thinking long and hard enough to form an adequate initial inquiry in his mind, he approaches the Orc boy. First, he glances around for any possible guards, or other eyes and ears of the law, and at the door, to get a rough estimate of its sturdiness against the force of his foot(and failing that, a body slam with a running start).

"Excuse me," he begins somewhat cordially, "I know your day might be off to a rough start, but we, "he gestures to his team, "are in the business of killing things; things that are, shall we say, lowering the standard of living around here. The sooner we kill these things, the sooner the problems these things cause go away. Fewer problems, fewer paperwork, and everyone's lives run a little smoother. That and me and my partners get paid. Now if you agree with that, you ough to let us though yesterday."

During the entire time he speaks, Rory makes it a point to speak above the little Orc any time he attempts to interject, and to raise his voice louder, forcing the boy to quit or risk a shouting match.

Spoiler:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:36 pm

Rory Vallon wrote:A little flustered at the lack of response to his impatient words, Rory decides to make his own attempt. After thinking long and hard enough to form an adequate initial inquiry in his mind, he approaches the Orc boy. First, he glances around for any possible guards, or other eyes and ears of the law, and at the door, to get a rough estimate of its sturdiness against the force of his foot(and failing that, a body slam with a running start).

"Excuse me," he begins somewhat cordially, "I know your day might be off to a rough start, but we, "he gestures to his team, "are in the business of killing things; things that are, shall we say, lowering the standard of living around here. The sooner we kill these things, the sooner the problems these things cause go away. Fewer problems, fewer paperwork, and everyone's lives run a little smoother. That and me and my partners get paid. Now if you agree with that, you ough to let us though yesterday."

During the entire time he speaks, Rory makes it a point to speak above the little Orc any time he attempts to interject, and to raise his voice louder, forcing the boy to quit or risk a shouting match.

[spoiler]Not intended as intimidation or bluff, but to give the boy a sense of urgency/the bigger scope of things. I'd also like to make sure there aren't any potential law enforcement before I try either. If all else fails, I'd like to know the consequences of busting through the entrance to the mayor's audience hall, if my character has that knowledge.
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:38 pm

Spoiler:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:47 pm

Striding confidently up to the mayor's office door, Gwydo slams his balled up fist onto the surface three times. The thunder of his knock reverberating throughout the hallway.
"LORD MAYOR, YOU ARE FAILING YOUR CITY!" Gwydo bellowed to the door, hoping the Mayor and his council would be able to hear him on the other side.
"BY THE HOLY TENEMENTS OF LIFE AND FOR THE SALVATION OF YOUR CITY, WE DEMAND AN AUDIENCE IMMEDIATELY!"

Spoiler:
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:37 am

Archengeia wrote:
Rory Vallon wrote:A little flustered at the lack of response to his impatient words, Rory decides to make his own attempt. After thinking long and hard enough to form an adequate initial inquiry in his mind, he approaches the Orc boy. First, he glances around for any possible guards, or other eyes and ears of the law, and at the door, to get a rough estimate of its sturdiness against the force of his foot(and failing that, a body slam with a running start).

[spoiler]Not intended as intimidation or bluff, but to give the boy a sense of urgency/the bigger scope of things. I'd also like to make sure there aren't any potential law enforcement before I try either. If all else fails, I'd like to know the consequences of busting through the entrance to the mayor's audience hall, if my character has that knowledge.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The boy looks up and considers for a moment, and is about to speak when...

Gwydo wrote:Striding confidently up to the mayor's office door, Gwydo slams his balled up fist onto the surface three times. The thunder of his knock reverberating throughout the hallway.
"LORD MAYOR, YOU ARE FAILING YOUR CITY!" Gwydo bellowed to the door, hoping the Mayor and his council would be able to hear him on the other side.
"BY THE HOLY TENEMENTS OF LIFE AND FOR THE SALVATION OF YOUR CITY, WE DEMAND AN AUDIENCE IMMEDIATELY!"

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Everyone in the entire room jumps, utterly startled, and the local guards can only look on flabbergasted. To everyone's further surprise, the door then opens, and a fairly haggard-looking Banderling. He is dressed in simple robes, and is glaring at the Lugian at his door. In an irritable tone he asks, "Can I help you?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:53 am

Rory had not planned this far ahead. If he were given the floor upon gaining audience, his inquiry to any and all information and efforts the mayor had regarding the gnoll attacks would have been very crude but to the point. From the startling events(both Gwydo's sudden and direct approach and that of the mayor), he was at a loss for words. As he backed out of the boy's personal space, he cocked his head toward Gwydo with one raised brow, silently asking, "yes, Gwydo, what can the mayor do for you?" Now that they had the mayor's attention, their fearless leader Gwydo could not flag for a response.

Rory would leave the initial response to Gwydo, but if he failed to prevent an awkward silence of 10 seconds, he would step in and present the party's inquiry as adequately as possible.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:11 am

"THREE DAYS sir, three days you've kept these people waiting..."

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:19 am

Spoiler:

The Banderling glowers at you. "I don't know who you think you are, to come barging in here like this... Lugians, all alike, no sense of protocol..." He mutters to himself for a bit before barking, "Well?!"

You try to make him feel guilty about his horrendous job as Mayor, and fail miserably. However, you have his attention sufficiently to get out your story in brief and see what you can find. Unfortunately he's not in a very cooperative mood, so all you learn from him is that he's well aware of the Gnoll attacks and their impact on the market, the fact that he's being ousted as Mayor, and that he has better things to do than listen to adventurers clamoring at his doorstep at all hours. He then slams the door shut, and you hear it latch.

The Orc boy, not even looking up from his paperwork, announces in a bored voice, "All appointments for the day are postponed." This is met by a loud combined groan from the people gathered there.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:53 am

Any chance I can ask him what he thinks about Oakheart? If so, I'll roll a Diplomacy check on the off chance he might cough up something.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:57 am

Rory sighs audibly. He gives Gwydo an incredulous look, his silent blame directed at the Lugian. About to start what might be a spat about why he was at fault, Rory decided against it in the present company.

At least the mayor was not afraid to meet such a startling display head-on, making him worthy of his position in some capacity in Rory's eyes.

He glances at the boy, as if to ask in a normal tone if he might have any information, but decides against it. The boy only does paperwork. There couldn't possibly be anything in that stack of trees that they could hope to gain by asking. He shakes his head--a habitual tell--before heading for the door.

"We should leave," he said, hoping to get his colleagues out of the building before anyone can voice their agitation and blame on them--which they were well within the right to do.

It was early morning, but it felt like the middle of the afternoon. Gods he needed a drink. Hopefully that frog--Sethos--would be smoking it when he got back or offer to share, and he would get to ask or accept. Begging without need was socially unacceptable, and he wouldn't stoop to that.

Spoiler:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:00 am

Kolson Wezrae wrote:Any chance I can ask him what he thinks about Oakheart? If so, I'll roll a Diplomacy check on the off chance he might cough up something.
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next