Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 01.2: Zeiss, Higaide, Tabran, Evenar

+2
Evanar
Archengeia
6 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

First Adventure 01.2: Zeiss, Higaide, Tabran, Evenar Empty First Adventure 01.2: Zeiss, Higaide, Tabran, Evenar

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Your team heads towards the nearby farms and settlements, seeing information about the recent gnoll attacks; any casualties, motivation, sources, and any other pertinent information.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Archengeia on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 01.2: Zeiss, Higaide, Tabran, Evenar Empty Re: First Adventure 01.2: Zeiss, Higaide, Tabran, Evenar

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:37 pm

"As I have said. We need to learn of the most recent attack... Where and when." Says the werewolf looking in the distance.

Evanar

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Black Mage
Race: Lycanthrope, Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 01.2: Zeiss, Higaide, Tabran, Evenar Empty Re: First Adventure 01.2: Zeiss, Higaide, Tabran, Evenar

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:40 pm

"Yes".

Zeiss didn't know what else there was to say. Never was good with people. But now, it was a question of what to do.

"Let's get to work."

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:42 pm

"What time they attack, day or night. Their numbers. How well armed. Do they take food, valuables, do they take people. Do they kill people. It'd be good if we can find out some pattern to their attacks, or at least a favorite target, but these are villagers. The Guardian should know that, though."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:54 pm

You spend some time perusing the local huts and farmsteads in the surrounding rural areas. The people there are irritable but on good spirits. You find out they are paying the Guardian's salary out of their own pocket books in order to keep their lands safe. It seems to be working, however, as any given farmer upon hiring on the Guardian to safeguard their land has not had any measurable attacks, and he's a common sight patrolling the fields.
You learn that harvest this season has been more fruitful than usual, which is a great boon to the people who work the fields as it means a gold bonus all around.
There are rumors that the Mayor is considering a tariff hike on dates and plums for next season, which has a lot of people considering petitioning the regional Governor to having him replaced, unless he can justify his actions in the public forum happening later this week.
One farmer swears he saw centaurs parading in the area, but he isn't sure and no one else can verify his claim.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:58 pm

".........................

People witnessed the guardian fighting the Gnolls? What forces does he have?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:11 pm

K_ wrote:".........................

People witnessed the guardian fighting the Gnolls? What forces does he have?"

"Does it really matter? A farmer saw a Centaur... But as weird as this might sounds I want to speak to him. We need someone to interrogate."

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Zeiss considered the informations he and his group gathered. Higaide wanted to ask specifically about the Guardian. He understood what he was suggesting. Still, they had to extand their research.

"We will have to ask about this Oakheart and how he repelled the gnolls. But we also need to know what they stole from the farmers, who was killed, where they attacked and how they did it. And more importantly, when these attacks started. A war is brewing. If it started after the first of january..."

Zeiss was worried. His imagination was at work and it made him uneasy.

"After that, let's see this farmer who supposedly saw centaurs."

Giving orders was tiring.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:18 pm

K_ wrote:".........................People witnessed the guardian fighting the Gnolls? What forces does he have?"
The Guardian is known to have a small force of soldiers, all orcs like himself, who work with him to help cover the larger stretches of land.

[quote="Evanar"]"Does it really matter? A farmer saw a Centaur... But as weird as this might sounds I want to speak to him. We need someone to interrogate."/quote]
You encounter the farmer, an elderly Banderling named Muahit. "Oh it were nothing," he brushes off his concerns. "Probably just the heat getting to me. If Centaurs were about, they wouldn't be peaceful about it. You know their kind." He spits into the sand. "I'm sure I just saw some people on horseback or something, they were heading towards the town after all. Centaurs avoid the urban areas unless they're there to ransack or raid."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:22 pm

You encounter the farmer, an elderly Banderling named Muahit. "Oh it were nothing," he brushes off his concerns. "Probably just the heat getting to me. If Centaurs were about, they wouldn't be peaceful about it. You know their kind." He spits into the sand. "I'm sure I just saw some people on horseback or something, they were heading towards the town after all. Centaurs avoid the urban areas unless they're there to ransack or raid."

"Are you sure?" Says the werewolf, very suspicious. "Why would someone start a rumor about a Centaur and then admit he saw nothing right after a team of bounty hunters interrogates him? Is this for attention sake? Or is it possible you're hiding something?"

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:31 pm

Evanar wrote:

"Are you sure?" Says the werewolf, very suspicious. "Why would someone start a rumor about a Centaur and then admit he saw nothing right after a team of bounty hunters interrogates him? Is this for attention sake? Or is it possible you're hiding something?"
"Just what are you implying?!" the Banderling demands, sounding irate. "I was a little excitable and told a few of my friends, but after a couple days passed with no word of attacks I figured I was just seeing things, that's all." He harumphs.

Zeiss wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:33 pm

"Just what are you implying?!" the Banderling demands, sounding irate. "I was a little excitable and told a few of my friends, but after a couple days passed with no word of attacks I figured I was just seeing things, that's all." He harumphs.

"I still want to know everything that you can remember of this Centaur. No matter how crazy or weird it might be."

Last edited by Evanar on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:34 pm

"Oakheart... a small force, and they spread out? Either they're insanely strong, or their very presence keeps the gnolls at bay."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:34 pm

Zeiss wasn't sure about the answer this farmer gave him. Was it true? Or was he lying?

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:39 pm

The member 'Zeiss' has done the following action : Forum Dice Roller

'D20' : 6
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://archengeiadnd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:41 pm

*suddenly focusing*

"Is this the first time this town is attacked like this, or have there been other raiders besides these gnolls?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Zeiss wrote:Zeiss wasn't sure about the answer this farmer gave him. Was it true? Or was he lying?
The Banderling, who is still huffing in your general direction and trying to get back to work, appears to be telling the truth.

K_ wrote:*suddenly focusing*

"Is this the first time this town is attacked like this, or have there been other raiders besides these gnolls?"
"Oh there's always raids of some sort, but never of this size or scale. Usually just random bandits... Centaurs, Goblins, Gnolls. We don't get anything big cuz we're so far away from anything valuable, but we also aren't as protected as the mining towns are so..." he shrugs.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:50 pm

"Oh there's always raids of some sort, but never of this size or scale. Usually just random bandits... Centaurs, Goblins, Gnolls. We don't get anything big cuz we're so far away from anything valuable, but we also aren't as protected as the mining towns are so..." he shrugs.

"I'll repeat good sir, tell me everything that you can about this Centaur. Everything you can remember. Where it came from, what time it was." The werewolf took a stepback, realizing he might be pushing too hard "...But in case if you can't, can you please tell us when was the most recent Gnoll attack and where?"

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Evanar wrote:"I'll repeat good sir, tell me everything that you can about this Centaur. Everything you can remember. Where it came from, what time it was." The werewolf took a stepback, realizing he might be pushing too hard "...But in case if you can't, can you please tell us when was the most recent Gnoll attack and where?"
The Banderling squints at you before responding. "It was after the sun had set, I was just heading back to my hut to settle in for the night. Past that I got nothin'." He scratches his fur. "As for the Gnolls... I'm pretty sure they'd hit ol' Tammy's place, that's just north of here, yesterday. Heard her complaining about it on her way to the market."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:59 pm

The Banderling squints at you before responding. "It was after the sun had set, I was just heading back to my hut to settle in for the night. Past that I got nothin'." He scratches his fur. "As for the Gnolls... I'm pretty sure they'd hit ol' Tammy's place, that's just north of here, yesterday. Heard her complaining about it on her way to the market."

"Thank you" The wolf replied and nodded back, turning to the group "Old Tammy's Place, North of here. I advise for it to be our next destination, if all of you do not mind of course." He looks to Zeiss, his leader.

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:00 pm

"Then we know where we have to go. Everyone. Let's go meet Tammy."

He appreciated Raver talking in his place. He had a way to make others at ease. And that woman, Tammy, had probably the most recent news about these gnolls.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next