Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 01.2: Zeiss, Higaide, Tabran, Evenar

+2
Evanar
Archengeia
6 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

First Adventure 01.2: Zeiss, Higaide, Tabran, Evenar - Page 2 Empty Re: First Adventure 01.2: Zeiss, Higaide, Tabran, Evenar

Post by K Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:02 pm

"North, then."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 01.2: Zeiss, Higaide, Tabran, Evenar - Page 2 Empty Re: First Adventure 01.2: Zeiss, Higaide, Tabran, Evenar

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Your journey a decent ways north. By now the sun is overhead, and you estimate it is approaching or passing noon. Tammy, as it turns out, is a massive Ogre woman who is in the process of tending the fields as you approach. She looks up at the group and wrinkles her nose. "Can I help you gents?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:13 pm

Archengeia wrote:Your journey a decent ways north. By now the sun is overhead, and you estimate it is approaching or passing noon. Tammy, as it turns out, is a massive Ogre woman who is in the process of tending the fields as you approach. She looks up at the group and wrinkles her nose. "Can I help you gents?"

"Greetings, milady. We're hunters from the Guardian, working for his Bill. This is my leader Zeiss, Higaide and Tabran." He intruduced his group humbly "We've come for the recent Gnoll attack that we believe had occurred around here. Would you be kind to tell us all about it?"

Spoiler:

Evanar

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Black Mage
Race: Lycanthrope, Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:18 pm

Zeiss shows the Ogre the bill they have been given to prove Raver's statement.

"We are here to stop these attacks Miss Tamy. But we would like your help, please. Could you tell us what the Gnolls took from you? How many of them were? Where they came from and where they went after the attack? "

He hoped he was gentle enough to gain the cooperation of this woman. He wanted to learn something useful.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 pm

Evanar
Spoiler:
She harumphs. "Figures our Guardian gets things done around here, while our own militia fails us. Sho, attack us? In the middle of no where? Be realistic!" She lets out an angry snarl, then quickly remembers herself. "'Pologies, I just get so pissed sometimes." She shifts the piece of hay she has in her teeth and thinks a moment. "It was pretty late in the evening, sun was setting, when a couple dozen of 'em came stomping in. They were quick buggers too, ran right for my field with torches. Didn't take nothin, just tried to light my field on fire. I went swingin at 'em, managed to injure a few but they turned tail and ran after hittin me a few times." She reaches up to nurse her shoulder. "Hurt like crazy, but I'm just glad they didn't take my field out. Anyway, they went runnin off to the northwest when they was done. I didn't really keep much track, was too busy tryin to put the fire out."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:30 pm

"Pardon me for asking, ma'am, but do they usually act like this, just causing damage and not taking anything? Also, could you tell me if they were armed with anything other than torches?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:32 pm

*Deleted*

Last edited by Evanar on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:33 pm

"Wait, Sho? You believe they are attacking you? How many farmers were killed? On the other farms I mean."

This didn't make sense. Sho hiring Gnolls to attack the farms? It could only mean that the war would come here and that some people were preparing the conquest of this region. But now they knew where to look for : nortwest.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:33 pm

As you glance over the woman you notice she is sporting several still-healing wounds... bruises mostly, some cuts. Also, glancing out past her, you notice a chunk of the far side of the field is ashen, as though recently burnt.
She harumphs. "Figures our Guardian gets things done around here, while our own militia fails us. Sho, attack us? In the middle of no where? Be realistic!" She lets out an angry snarl, then quickly remembers herself. "'Pologies, I just get so pissed sometimes." She shifts the piece of hay she has in her teeth and thinks a moment. "It was pretty late in the evening, sun was setting, when a couple dozen of 'em came stomping in. They were quick buggers too, ran right for my field with torches. Didn't take nothin, just tried to light my field on fire. I went swingin at 'em, managed to injure a few but they turned tail and ran after hittin me a few times." She reaches up to nurse her shoulder. "Hurt like crazy, but I'm just glad they didn't take my field out. Anyway, they went runnin off to the northwest when they was done. I didn't really keep much track, was too busy tryin to put the fire out."

"This is great news for us. But, also... you don't suppose you have seen a Centaur around here have you? Or anything strange like such?" The werewolf had sparkles in his eyes. "...And what is your opinion of the Guardian?"

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:46 pm

"Well of course they were armed!" she half bellows. "Those brutes wouldn't have gotten me with just sticks on fire... Yeah they had flails, a few had swords, the usual. Not very well armored, but that's pretty typical I guess."
She glances at the lycanthrope, raising an eyebrow at him. "I'm guessin you been talkin to old Muahit." She shakes her head. "That old fellow's half blind already, and from what he told me it was already dark. I sincerely doubt he really saw anything, Centaurs don't just go roaming through farmlands without leaving a big mess of ash and corpses behind, you feel me?"
She considers your last question carefully. "Harkun's alright. He's an old veteran, former adventurer, wanted to settle down. I haven't decided if I want to pay him to watch my fields yet or not, but I can't deny the man gets results."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Zeiss on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Archengeia wrote:"Well of course they were armed!" she half bellows. "Those brutes wouldn't have gotten me with just sticks on fire... Yeah they had flails, a few had swords, the usual. Not very well armored, but that's pretty typical I guess."
She glances at the lycanthrope, raising an eyebrow at him. "I'm guessin you been talkin to old Muahit." She shakes her head. "That old fellow's half blind already, and from what he told me it was already dark. I sincerely doubt he really saw anything, Centaurs don't just go roaming through farmlands without leaving a big mess of ash and corpses behind, you feel me?"
She considers your last question carefully. "Harkun's alright. He's an old veteran, former adventurer, wanted to settle down. I haven't decided if I want to pay him to watch my fields yet or not, but I can't deny the man gets results."

The werewolf looked disappointed, no real clues of the Centaur, something about it just urks him. Is it just him? Perhaps. "Thank you. We'll be on our way." He turns to Zeiss and spoke "Northwest then, sir?".

The werewolf stops and turns back for a moment "Wait, why haven't you paid the Guardian for security yet? You've just been attacked. Wouldn't you rather buy protection immediately?"

Last edited by Evanar on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:56 pm

"You want to go after them alone? I'm sure Kor will like that."

*to Tammy*

"Sorry for pestering on this one, ma'am, but it'd really help if you could tell me. Do they usually just cause damage like this, or do they normally steal too?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Zeiss wrote:"Wait, Sho? You believe they are attacking you? How many farmers were killed? On the other farms I mean."

This didn't make sense. Sho hiring Gnolls to attack the farms? It could only mean that the war would come here and that some people were preparing the conquest of this region. But now they knew where to look for : nortwest.
Spoiler:
"No no of course the Sho weren't attacking us," she retorts with disdain. "That's my whole point!" Upon seeing your look of confusion she adds, "The militia have been pulled into the city proper for the last few weeks, thinking the Sho are going to attack us." Her tone and expression make it clear how unlikely she finds that idea. "As for farmers killed, would you believe none?" She chuckles darkly. "Just our luck, they don't want us dead, just our livelihood."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:03 pm

K_ wrote:"You want to go after them alone? I'm sure Kor will like that."

*to Tammy*

"Sorry for pestering on this one, ma'am, but it'd really help if you could tell me. Do they usually just cause damage like this, or do they normally steal too?"
She chews on the hay a bit, looking at you a bit oddly. "Well I have no idea, really. They haven't stolen from any of the locals that I can tell, but then it's hard to keep stock when trying to put out a flaming field."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

"excuse me miss but do you happen to have anything that the raiders dropped that night also would you mind if we had a look around it may help us find were there's raider are hiding out"

Spoiler:
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:12 pm

permeus wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

"excuse me miss but do you happen to have anything that the raiders dropped that night also would you mind if we had a look around it may help us find were there's raider are hiding out"

Spoiler:

You look over the area, both with spellcraft and with eyes, but find nothing magically or physically out of the ordinary. The Ogre woman is kind enough to give you one of the torches they dropped, but it is unremarkable.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Spoiler:

The werewolf stops and turns back for a moment "Wait, why haven't you paid the Guardian for security yet? You've just been attacked. Wouldn't you rather buy protection immediately?"

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:22 pm

"thank you miss"

@GM
Spoiler:

"we have hear a fair bit of good about this Guardian ermm Oakheart i belief he's call but not having met him yet, so what's he like? how long has he been in office?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:24 pm

Evanar wrote:The werewolf stops and turns back for a moment "Wait, why haven't you paid the Guardian for security yet? You've just been attacked. Wouldn't you rather buy protection immediately?"
The Ogre woman looks down at you. "I can take care of myself. It may mean a bit of extra work, but I don't mind warding rogues off my property." She grins, showing one chipped fang. "Makes it more fun that way."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:26 pm

Spoiler:
She frowns at you. "Are you fellows just here to pester me or what, I do have work to do you know." She sighs theatrically. "He was hired on as the local Guardian about 3 weeks ago I believe. I don't know much about him personally that I haven't already told ya. Nice enough fellow."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:28 pm

The Ogre woman looks down at you. "I can take care of myself. It may mean a bit of extra work, but I don't mind warding rogues off my property." She grins, showing one chipped fang. "Makes it more fun that way."

"I apologize. You are very brave kind lady." I nodded in excuse, and turned back to the group. "...We need to head Northwest immediately." Without hesitation or waiting for any reply I started walking on my road without looking back.

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Archengeia wrote:The Ogre woman looks down at you. "I can take care of myself. It may mean a bit of extra work, but I don't mind warding rogues off my property." She grins, showing one chipped fang. "Makes it more fun that way."

*can't help but grin a bit.*

"Sorry to take your time, ma'am. Stay strong."

Last edited by K_ on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:30 pm

"in that case i think we had better let you get back to your work, thank you for the information and good luck with your farm"

"i think we have learned all we can here lets head after him"

Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next