Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan - Page 2 Empty Re: First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan

Post by Admin Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:33 pm

The member 'Whis Kor' has done the following action : Forum Dice Roller

'D6' : 2
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://archengeiadnd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan - Page 2 Empty Re: First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Whis Kor wrote:Edit: Wooooooow, what a roll. I'd like to use an action point on that, please, if you will allow.[/spoiler]
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Javan was, upon closer inspection, frozen solid by how he managed to pass the wrong impression even to himself!

Spoiler:

Last edited by Essoje on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:36 pm

The member 'Essoje' has done the following action : Forum Dice Roller

'D6' : 2
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://archengeiadnd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:38 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Whis Kor on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Ashakel finaly steps up, seeing that these kind words won't do much. He aproaches the woman, and tries a more direct approach. "Greetings, I am Ashakel. I have seen these beasts in the woods before, and I know that they would never do something like this. Now, I am aware of the implications of these question, even though I appear barbaric and uneducated. But perhaps we could speak somewhere else... More privately?"

Spoiler:
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:42 pm

Ashakel wrote:Ashakel finaly steps up, seeing that these kind words won't do much. He aproaches the woman, and tries a more direct approach. "Greetings, I am Ashakel. I have seen these beasts in the woods before, and I know that they would never do something like this. Now, I am aware of the implications of these question, even though I appear barbaric and uneducated. But perhaps we could speak somewhere else... More privately?"

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The woman raises one furred eyebrow at you. "I opposed the Bill because I don't like the idea of whole-scale slaughter as a response to economic distress. Money is important of course, but I find something..." she pauses "...morally repugnant about putting it before sentient lives. Gnolls may be a bit more on the savage side but they're not beasts. And, frankly," she adds, out-right glowering, "I have a feeling if it were Banderling or Orc or some other civilized race preying on the farms we wouldn't have agreed to it."
She turns to face Javan. "As for your inquiries, I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I do know the Guardian has been doing his duties well, attacks have slacked off significantly since he and his platoon began patrols. But the attacks have never ventured that far into the township's borders to-date."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:43 pm

Spoiler:
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:51 pm

Ashakel wrote:Ashakel finaly steps up, seeing that these kind words won't do much. He aproaches the woman, and tries a more direct approach. "Greetings, I am Ashakel. I have seen these beasts in the woods before, and I know that they would never do something like this. Now, I am aware of the implications of these question, even though I appear barbaric and uneducated. But perhaps we could speak somewhere else... More privately?"
The woman laughs faintly. "I'm sure you'd love to speak more privately, my young troll, but I'm afraid I do have a business to run and I really should be going." With that, before any of you can intercede, she leaves the building and is quickly lost in the bustle of foot traffic.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:54 pm

Whis Kor curses under his breath in Serpent.

"Politicians!" he spits "They never know how to get things done; only in it for themselves and their high-horse 'ideals'. I'm sure she sleeps comfortably at night while the citizens suffer for her ideals."

He angrily turns and begins to leave.

"Come on, let us question Oakheart. Perhaps he will be a little more 'down to earth'".
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:56 pm

"We messed this up, badly. But we did get that the gnolls are acting too strangely for their own good. And this might point us to a involved third party later.", said Javan, having regained some of his composture and following the party leader.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:07 pm

After some searching, you do find Harkun, it takes a full hour of searching though. He is currently relaxing in an inn with several other guards, eating a fairly nice meal all things considered and chatting idly.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:11 pm

"The desert take those in power!" Cussing, the troll followed.
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Whis Kur approaches the eating area.

Language: Orcish
Spoiler:

...Javan and Ashakel...

Spoiler:

Whis Kor begins to move towards a chair.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:17 pm

Javan stays standing just a step or two away from where Whis is sitting, making sure to stay quiet for now.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:19 pm

Whis Kor wrote:Whis Kur approaches the eating area.

Spoiler:

...Javan and Ashakel...

Spoiler:

Whis Kor begins to move towards a chair.

The Orc looks up at you. He looks middle-aged but seasoned, several scars on his face, and he sports a large red beard offsetting his bald head. He is in Half-Plate armor, an elaborate hat sitting at his side on the table, and a Longsword strapped to his belt. "Ah, excellent. I was hoping the Guild could help us out with this manner. It's taxing work, you know, keeping the farms safe. We're actually about to head out in just a minute here," he gives a nod towards his fellow guardsmen. "I've only got a minute, so whatever it is you'd like to ask, I'd appreciate it if you'd be brief."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:23 pm

Language: Common
"Ah, perfect! In that case, we will join you and see exactly what we are dealing with; let us leave when you are ready."

Whis Kor abandons his move towards a seat. He makes sure to proudly display his armor, sword, and shield.

"As a start, perhaps you could tell us what exactly we are dealing with. We are unaware of any traits of the gnolls aside from an approximate count of their forces. Since it has been said that you have encountered them, you can likely give us a first-hand report on their forces and what they have been doing."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Whis Kor wrote:Language: Common
"Ah, perfect! In that case, we will join you and see exactly what we are dealing with; let us leave when you are ready."

Whis Kor abandons his move towards a seat. He makes sure to proudly display his armor, sword, and shield.

"As a start, perhaps you could tell us what exactly we are dealing with. We are unaware of any traits of the gnolls aside from an approximate count of their forces. Since it has been said that you have encountered them, you can likely give us a first-hand report on their forces and what they have been doing."

Harkun frowns at you, his tone growing more brisk. "We're going on a fairly lengthy patrol and, frankly, we don't allow strangers to join us in our important business of keeping the surrounding areas safe. So, no, you will not be joining us. Now," he continues, letting his features soften, "I will answer your questions of the immediacy... I don't want to appear completely unreasonable." He gestures, giving a faint smile. "To-date we have encountered enough Gnolls to believe there's at least 50 of them working on coordination. I recognize their fur patterns," he continues, tapping his nose. "Distinctive markings on the face, they're all from the Wildpaw Clan. They've all been poorly armored, but well armed... typical Gnolls, really." He laughs. "Mostly using flails, I saw a few with cutlasses and other swords. No shields or exotic weapons, pretty standard fair." He takes a swig of his drink. "As for what they've been doing, we had a rather nasty melee with them almost a week ago, hit about 20 of 'em and sent 'em packing to lick their wounds. They've been more cautious ever since, and we've been lucky... thusfar they see us, they turn around and don't even engage. But I'm thinking they might try an assault in force," he nods at you, "which is why I got authorization and posted that Bill. We can't risk leaving the farms unattended, and the militia is too busy defending the city proper."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:45 pm

Whis Kur frowns as well.

"It is concerning to me that you will not allow us to gain proper intelligence. As I'm sure you are concerned about you men, so am I concerned about mine. To deny us a chance to even look at what we're dealing with could very well contribute to embarrassment for both of us if we're caught unprepared."

Leaning back, he leans in towards Harkun and lowers his voice.

"I am not attempting to get in your way, I simply wish to have the same courtesy you would want for yourself should you be in my situation. Surely it is worth much to you to ensure that we succeed in our efforts. I was just at the court and there were those who freely admitted opposition to your ideals. How would it go if you were to fall out of favor with more?"

He relaxes a bit.

"I'm not asking much, just for your cooperation. I promise we will not get in your way and we will not join you for the entire patrol anyway. I do thank you for the forward information you have given me on the Gnolls, you sound like a fearsome warrior."

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:47 pm

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:11 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by Whis Kor on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:22 am

Spoiler:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:41 am

Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:49 am

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:56 am

Spoiler:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next