Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan - Page 3 Empty Re: First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:57 am

Whis Kor wrote:Whis Kur frowns as well.

"It is concerning to me that you will not allow us to gain proper intelligence. As I'm sure you are concerned about you men, so am I concerned about mine. To deny us a chance to even look at what we're dealing with could very well contribute to embarrassment for both of us if we're caught unprepared."

Leaning back, he leans in towards Harkun and lowers his voice.

"I am not attempting to get in your way, I simply wish to have the same courtesy you would want for yourself should you be in my situation. Surely it is worth much to you to ensure that we succeed in our efforts. I was just at the court and there were those who freely admitted opposition to your ideals. How would it go if you were to fall out of favor with more?"

He relaxes a bit.

"I'm not asking much, just for your cooperation. I promise we will not get in your way and we will not join you for the entire patrol anyway. I do thank you for the forward information you have given me on the Gnolls, you sound like a fearsome warrior."

Spoiler:
The Orc's armor and weapons look reasonably worn, but not the results you would clearly identify from regular battle.
Whis Kor
Spoiler:
"Surely nothing could be gained from traversing empty fields and keeping a watchful eye out? There's more information to be had from the farmers, or the merchants, or anyone else affected by these attacks. I've told you all that I can think of that I believe would be useful, and I do wish you well, but you must understand my position..." He gives you a pointed look. "With the Empire such a looming threat, I cannot allow you to join us, please understand."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan - Page 3 Empty Re: First Adventure 01.4: Whis Kor, Ashakel, Javan

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:21 am

Spoiler:
Whis Kur's disposition grows very icy at that last comment.

"The 'threat' of the Empire? Is this what you have told the militia as well? Is this why you are the only guard for these farmers?"

He glances down at the elaborate hat and food.

"Tell me, sir, how are you able to afford such luxury as the town's fields are being razed and they are preparing for war? I believe that I know from my experience."

He returns the pointed stare towards the Orc.

"We will deal with the Gnoll situation. Good day to you."

Whis Kur nods to his two companions.

"If you have further business to conduct I will wait for you just outside."

Spinning around on his heel, exits through the inn's door.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:32 am

Spoiler:
The Orc sighs behind your back but says nothing else, already gathering his own accoutrements for the patrol he is now late on.
It has now past noon, with the sun beginning its descending arc, and the town is abuzz even more than earlier in the morning.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:41 am

"Woa... ah, wait for me, leader!", the fairy left these words before following his leader. Once he's sure he cannot be heard by anyone else but his party, he starts talking.

"Anyways... Take more care next time, leader. We just kicked the hornet's nest, and it might end up biting us back later.", the fairy sighed, then continued to talk, "That said, the big guy was awfully concerned with us not following him. Which we should not. Mainly because we have guys that look like scouts in our side that would do a better job at it. Know what I'm saying?"

Spoiler:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:59 am

Whis Kur turns to the fairy and growls:

"There's not many things in this world that make me truly angry. Our financier has managed to convince me that he is guilty of at least two of those in our short meeting."

Stopping for a moment, he suddenly gains a thoughtful look.

"Okay, there's actually a great deal, but what he's doing are among the worst. I've seen it in the ranks several times, although not quite at this level of organization. No, it was much more simple."

Suddenly, he seems to realize that his companions are still there and watching him.

"Ah... Yes, yes, you're right, we will be watching him. It will, in fact, be vital that we know his whereabouts. I believe several among us mentioned that they had tracking skills. It would be best to decide on the best way to do so at our rendezvous."

He begins walking again, although he seems to be speaking out loud more than anything at this point.

"It complicates matters... Complicates it a lot. If he were not tied in to our contract... But we are still bound... Complicates..."

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:03 am

Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:12 am

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:17 am

Spoiler:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:19 am

Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:19 am

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:28 am

You peruse the local Militiamen, most of whom are on watch or on patrol. After some brief conversation, you get the distinct impression that they are extremely weary, being on long shifts and a widened perimeter, covering most of the township proper. On order from the Constable, who is acting on orders from the local Governor, to up patrols and tighten their defense grids to only cover the township prior. It is considered a likelihood by the Governor's military advisors that a tactical assault on this township is going to come from the Sho should war break out, and he believes a show of force in this manner will help dissuade such a situation and hopefully keep the people safe. This unfortunately leaves the outlying areas relatively undefended, which is hurting the economy, but the stance on the matter is that the people are more important than the money. Fields can be regrown, after all.
The militia overall are grateful to Oakheart for the job he's doing. Several of these people have friends and family who work the fields, and they're thankful that he's helping to fill the holes in their defenses by keeping them safe.
You question a few militia before your time runs out regarding the specifics of the Gnoll attacks, and learn that they are whispering amongst each other that the Gnolls are being prodded by someone else. Bandits and raiders don't act this way... the most common rumor is that the Sho have employed them, but there are dark whispers that it might be Stonehold as well, reasoning that with the Naverre military might pointed eastwards, Stonehold could start taking pieces of their flank for themselves.
It is now 14:00 hours.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:33 am

I arrive back at the rendezvous location after the information gather.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3