Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 05: Licking Wounds Amongst Party & Allies

+11
Caladrius
Araiguna
Ashakel
Evanar
K
Rory
Kolson
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Permeus (tabran)
Snarg of Wildpaw
Archengeia
15 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

First Adventure 05: Licking Wounds Amongst Party & Allies - Page 8 Empty Re: First Adventure 05: Licking Wounds Amongst Party & Allies

Post by Caladrius Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:05 am

Caladrius say to the Gnawbone and the Matriarch "We would like it if you stayed here for now. We fear that if you try to leave now, then you will be exposed and attacked before you can resettle. We can destroy the staircase after we leave. This should buy you some time if anyone comes looking we will also clean up any evidence that we were here topside. If someone does manage to make it down you can always use the root to escape. Three days is all we ask, if we don’t return then chances are we will all be dead!"
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: White Mage
Race: Lord Elf

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 05: Licking Wounds Amongst Party & Allies - Page 8 Empty Re: First Adventure 05: Licking Wounds Amongst Party & Allies

Post by Archengeia Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:07 am

Caladrius wrote:Caladrius say to the Gnawbone and the Matriarch "We would like it if you stayed here for now. We fear that if you try to leave now, then you will be exposed and attacked before you can resettle. We can destroy the staircase after we leave. This should buy you some time if anyone comes looking we will also clean up any evidence that we were here topside. If someone does manage to make it down you can always use the root to escape. Three days is all we ask, if we don’t return then chances are we will all be dead!"

The Matriarch shakes her head strongly. "We... are willing to wait here for a few days as we prepare our wounded and gather ourselves to leave, but I must absolutely insist you do not destroy our only means of escape. Unless..." her eyes narrow suspiciously. "Is that your plan, to trap us here and bring back more to finish the job?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:10 am

Archengeia wrote:The Matriarch shakes her head strongly. "We... are willing to wait here for a few days as we prepare our wounded and gather ourselves to leave, but I must absolutely insist you do not destroy our only means of escape. Unless..." her eyes narrow suspiciously. "Is that your plan, to trap us here and bring back more to finish the job?"
"NO, that is NOT our intent!" Rory spoke up hurriedly, eyeing Caladrius with an obvious "Watch it!" expression.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:10 am

Caladrius sincerely, "Trapping you here was not my intention. We will leave the stair case untouched. you however should prepare it [Traps] just in case someone else comes looking for you before we get back"
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:12 am

"Yes, but look deeper! Why even trouble to make them Naverre lands at all? More trouble to fake than it's worth if it wasn't important." He scratches his chin thoughtfully, and then suddenly seems to remember something. "Which reminds me... There is still the matter of amends, as raiding and destruction did occur." He looks up at the large Gnoll, a serious look on his face.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:12 am

"Zeiss would you be able to reset the traps that were put on the stairs by the centaurs?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:12 am

Remembering the markings on the rubble left behind in the wake of the centaur leader's corpse, Rory asks Gnawbone: "Was there anything unique about the centaurs in Stonehold? Markings or symbols?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:13 am

Whis Kor wrote:"Yes, but look deeper! Why even trouble to make them Naverre lands at all? More trouble to fake than it's worth if it wasn't important." He scratches his chin thoughtfully, and then suddenly seems to remember something. "Which reminds me... There is still the matter of amends, as raiding and destruction did occur." He looks up at the large Gnoll, a serious look on his face.

"Put it aside, we've got bigger things to worry about."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:16 am

Gnawbone looks straight into the eyes of the Sclavi. "I find myself surprised at why a Sho would be so concerned for his supposed enemies. Or are you perhaps trying to wrangle a situation where we weaken them for you, making your conquest easier?" The disdain in his voice is palpable, and he spits at the ground. "Well unfortunately for your machinations, my tribe holds to its word so we will still do what we can to aid those we have injured, regardless of our dire straights."
He then turns to the alien creature and frowns in puzzlement. "I suppose you could be referring to Clan markings, but those are fairly universal to any Centaurs regardless of whether they are in Stonehold or not."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:17 am

Permeus asked him a question.

"I could try."

He worked with traps almost all his life.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:22 am

"matriarch, Gnawbone if Zeiss can reset the traps on the stairs then you will need to keep your people away from them"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:23 am

"Gnawbone, why did you and your clan flee from Stonehold?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:24 am

permeus wrote:
"matriarch, Gnawbone if Zeiss can reset the traps on the stairs then you will need to keep your people away from them"
The two give out a short laugh. "Yes I think we can avoid the stairs for now."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:25 am

Tabran stops and looks at Rory
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:25 am

To Zeiss, permeus, matriarch, Gnawbone "I suggest you show them were they are and how to disarm them should they need to flee for whatever reason."
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:25 am

Whis Kor snarls. "If I was so bent on your destruction, I assure you, we wouldn't be speaking in this manner. I spoke nothing of my enemies, yet you already assume who they are; your assumptions and preconceived notions are very evident." Incredibly frustrated, he searches for words a moment before continuing on.

"Don't you see? You dig yourself deeper by not doing what I ask. However, perhaps you feel yourself willing to take on yet another enemy by leaving the destroyed homes and farms of Al-Erat - or perhaps you would welcome the Centaurs with open arms after what they've done to your dwelling? You're only making this harder for your people."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:28 am

Whis Kor wrote:Whis Kor snarls. "If I was so bent on your destruction, I assure you, we wouldn't be speaking in this manner. I spoke nothing of my enemies, yet you already assume who they are; your assumptions and preconceived notions are very evident." Incredibly frustrated, he searches for words a moment before continuing on.

"Don't you see? You dig yourself deeper by not doing what I ask. However, perhaps you feel yourself willing to take on yet another enemy by leaving the destroyed homes and farms of Al-Erat - or perhaps you would welcome the Centaurs with open arms after what they've done to your dwelling? You're only making this harder for your people."
Before getting his answer, Rory turns toward Whis Kor. "You started it, so you need to back the frack down."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:31 am

They were arguing on how to proceed. Why they should. When. That was irritating.

"If you really want to know, I can show you how to disarm the traps. But not until we leave this place."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:32 am

"oh my Can we not do this the Gnoll's have already said they intend to pay for what they have done and even thou they have lost so mush they still mean too"

Spoiler:
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:33 am

"If you want reparations so much Whis, they are free to do it. But they can show themselves no where near the town unless Harkun is exposed and having these tribes proved innocent to the people of Al-Erat."

"Otherwise, they'll be treated as any outlaws with the penalty of death. And they'll die uselessly."

"So, I will say this one last time. The Guardian must be dealt, everything comes later."

Evanar

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Black Mage
Race: Lycanthrope, Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:36 am

Whis Kor doesn't pay any attention those chastising him.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:37 am

Rory Vallon wrote:"Gnawbone, why did you and your clan flee from Stonehold?"
Gnawbone frowns at the strange creature. "As I believe I mentioned to your Gnome friend, residing within the Stonehold meant a life of beating things and killing things. It would never get better, it would never change. Me and my brethren wanted a simpler life, and we left to obtain it."

Whis Kor wrote:Whis Kor snarls. "If I was so bent on your destruction, I assure you, we wouldn't be speaking in this manner. I spoke nothing of my enemies, yet you already assume who they are; your assumptions and preconceived notions are very evident." Incredibly frustrated, he searches for words a moment before continuing on.

Gnawbone gives an audible growl. "I don't know how the snake people do things," he begins before visibly calming himself down, "But we of Wildpaw honor our debts. We had always intended to aid those we injured, it was only until you and your band showed up that we had a hope of doing more than simple supplies left at a closed door after night, as your friend so expertly pointed out," he nods at the Lycanthrope wolf. "We would gladly aid in rebuilding and fixing if we were allowed to, which is the crux of our dilemma from the very beginning, and why we were forced to accept this deal Harkun gave us at face value! For there was no other choice, but to surrender and return to Stonehold!"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:38 am

to the kolbots and gnolls
"if this place is attacked can you escape along the river, forgive me but i havnt scouted they way yet? also was that yellow magick?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:43 am

"Debts." Whis Kor gives a faint laugh at that. "Al-Erat will accept your help and you will not be returning to Stonehold."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:44 am

This was getting out of hand. They were getting nowhere.

"Raver's right," Rory stated. "Harkun is the problem, but we can't go knocking on his door, seeing as he's our client. We must first take our adventuring bill and the Gnoll's contract to the representative in town. Once we prove it is in bad faith, then we go see Harkun."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next