Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 06: The Following Morning

+10
Rory
Snarg of Wildpaw
Evanar
Ashakel
Araiguna
K
Permeus (tabran)
Gwydo
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Archengeia
14 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

First Adventure 06: The Following Morning - Page 2 Empty Re: First Adventure 06: The Following Morning

Post by Zeiss Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:23 pm

There were noises. It woke up Zeiss. Yawning a little, he stretched and got up. The others were doing the same. It was a good thing, they could return to their task and find out if Oakheart really sent these centaurs. And deal with it. He would have preferred to just kill the Gnolls, take the gold and leave, but his colleages disagreed. He had to find another way to earn his pay.

"I'll go check outside..."

He went to the antechamber and looked at the stairs. He would check on them, again.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Zeiss on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 06: The Following Morning - Page 2 Empty Re: First Adventure 06: The Following Morning

Post by Archengeia Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:24 pm

Higaide wrote:*Higaide wanders the halls for a while. There's something he's looking for. He doesn't want to but he has to. To see where they bury their dead.*
After some searching you come up with nothing, and eventually resort to asking one of the passing Kobolds. She explains to you, in broken Common, that any time of their own falls they see them off into the river in a small but respectful ceremony, wishing that they return to the Life they once embodied.

Hanuel and Dara wrote:"Is there any access to the root chamber that we entered before?" Haneul wanted to get as close as possible to the source before their attempt. This was something they desperately didn't want to screw up.
The Kobold shakes her head. "No, I haven't been able to enter the chamber since Leafsong.... left us."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Finishing his cleaning and sharpening, Whis Kor sheathes his sword, dons his armor, and packs up the rest of his gear. He walks back to the entrance and peers out of the entrance, looking for anyone or anything around last night's battlefield.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:28 pm

Raver arrives into the room, and noticed the wall which first lead them to the Leafsong as seamlessly shut and impenitrable. He taps it with his staff playfully and after some checking, he knew it was useless. He softly nods his head.

"I don't know if you can hear me but... Thanks again." Raver turns and heads outside, seeing Zeiss.

"Traps? Again?"

Last edited by Evanar on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Evanar

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Black Mage
Race: Lycanthrope, Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:29 pm

So early in the morning there is very little light in the ravine, and Zeiss has no trouble finding spots to hide in along the staircase. He slowly makes his way up, but spots nothing. Extremely cautious, and justifiably so, he takes his time inching his way up, scanning every square inch of the stairs and occasionally darting his eyes towards the ground above, but after several tense minutes he reaches ground level and spies nothing. However, the stench of the Centaur corpses is extremely pungent, and he immediately finds himself having to cover his nose and mouth to prevent from gagging.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:30 pm

Hanuel nods, and simply approaches the wall they walked through to meet Leafsong. Resting a hand, and their forehead against it, they close their eyes and attempt to seek out any remaining Life energies that may be Leafsong.
Spoiler:

Character sheet
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:31 pm

Raver covers his face with his cloth. "We really should had cleaned up..." He turns to Zeiss. "Care to volunteer?"

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:31 pm

After some searching you come up with nothing, and eventually resort to asking one of the passing Kobolds. She explains to you, in broken Common, that any time of their own falls they see them off into the river in a small but respectful ceremony, wishing that they return to the Life they once embodied.

"...................................."

*He returns to the group. There's work to be done.*
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Raver covers his face with his cloth. "We really should had cleaned up..." He turns to Zeiss. "Care to volunteer?"

"Clean up? Let's just burn it. Unless you think the fire might signal our position..."

Either way, Zeiss didn't care. He found a spot where he could observe the terrain. Ans spot potential enemies.

Last edited by Zeiss on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:33 pm

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:33 pm

Sethos comes awake with a gasp and sits bolt upright, his breathing heavy and eyes wild. He looks around manically before realising where he is and falling back onto his back, he coughs a little before rolling onto the floor and getting to his feat.

"Good moro all" He says before taking out his pipe and walking to the exit for a morning smoke.
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:33 pm

"Wouldn't burning it make it worse? We would alert everyone in a viewing distance of the smoke." Says Raver incredulously.

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Evanar wrote:"Wouldn't burning it make it worse? We would alert everyone in a viewing distance of the smoke." Says Raver incredulously.

"This is what I said..."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:35 pm

"This is what I said..."

"In cleaning up, I meant that we should bury them." He replied.

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:36 pm

"I don't suppose you would want dead, diseased bodies on your land, would you? Burning isn't expensive, it's quick, and prevents disease."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:36 pm

Hanuel and Dara wrote:Hanuel nods, and simply approaches the wall they walked through to meet Leafsong. Resting a hand, and their forehead against it, they close their eyes and attempt to seek out any remaining Life energies that may be Leafsong.
Spoiler:
After a great deal of time and effort you believe you can sense the faintest impression of Life energy there. You cannot determine if it's Leafsong or not, but if it is she is withdrawn to a point of almost non-existence.

Whis Kor wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:37 pm

"I do not bury people who tried to kill me" said Zeiss to Raver.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Archengeia wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Whis Kor on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Whis Kor wrote:"I don't suppose you would want dead, diseased bodies on your land, would you? Burning isn't expensive, it's quick, and prevents disease."
"I say we leave the bodies in the wilderness for beasts to feed on," Rory bluntly suggested. "We can't give away our position. Plus, like you said, it's inexpensive, quick, and disease isn't a problem."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:38 pm

"I don't suppose you would want dead, diseased bodies on your land, would you? Burning isn't expensive, it's quick, and prevents disease."

"If you can find a way to keep the smoke from reaching upwards, I am fully with you on using fire."

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Zeiss wrote:
Evanar wrote:"Wouldn't burning it make it worse? We would alert everyone in a viewing distance of the smoke." Says Raver incredulously.

"This is what I said..."

Appearing behind them both pipe in hand. "Anyone who sees would probably just think it was our bodies being burned" He says with a glum look before walking past them as he lights his pipe.
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Whis Kor wrote:
Archengeia wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:40 pm

"I can feel... the smallest nexus of Life energy. I don't know if it's Leafsong, but there's a chance we can help it, and at least keep it from vanishing entirely." Hanuel turns all focus to the small nexus, trying to aid it with what little Life elemental energies they posses.
Spoiler:

Character sheet
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:40 pm

"I do not bury people who tried to kill me"

"Respecting your enemies is a lesson you should learn, elf-friend." Raver looks at the corpses, and the grass, thinking of what to do.

"We could throw them in a river..." Guessed the wolf.

Last edited by Evanar on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:41 pm

Hanuel and Dara wrote:"I can feel... the smallest nexus of Life energy. I don't know if it's Leafsong, but there's a chance we can help it, and at least keep it from vanishing entirely." Hanuel turns all focus to the small nexus, trying to aid it with what little Life elemental energies they posses.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
After several minutes of concentrated effort between the Fairy and the Lugian, you both reach out attempting to contact the Life energy but find no apparent change in its existence nor demeanor.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next