Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

4 posters

Page 7 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Go down

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women - Page 7 Empty Re: 2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

Post by Zeiss Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:47 pm

"Correct," says Mister Freeron with a smile. "Many people assume this scene represents the creation of the Dome during the First War, while it actually depicts a potential future; one that I hope we will avoid."

Zelk crosses her arms, and tells Steve, "These hints we gave you surely helped."

"Anything else you want to know about?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women - Page 7 Empty Re: 2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

Post by K Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:50 pm

"A lot of people might relish the idea of the Dome coming down. If the Empire shut themselves in in the first place, why would they come out over us fighting each other? Or is this representing a second Dome?"
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:57 pm

"Some people say the Empire is only biding its time, waiting for the right moment to strike against the rest of the Archipelago. From the little info I gathered, all the governments across the isles fear that this might happen one day, and they plan accordingly."

Zelk decides to pitch in. "This is why the nations have settled on proxy wars, instead of anything more direct."

"This is an unofficial policy, of course, but anyone that pays attention would recognize this as truth. And no, this is not another Dome. It's ours."

Breeze keeps examining the painting.

"I'll figure it out..." she mutters.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:03 pm

"And why everyone keeps trying to centralize power, i guess." - he muses, shaking his head slightly, then notices the Fairy - "Breeze...?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:11 pm

Steve sidles up to Zelk. "You were a big help, thank you. I'll be sure to thank you properly later." He winks at her cheekily, with a hint of lust. He leans close to her and whispers, "You're so hot when you explain things."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:06 am

Konrad examines the painting while Kolson talks and just rolls his eyes at the guessing game Gramps is making them play.

"I could have figured that out." A lie.

"Yeah, all the islands fear that the Empire is coming back, knew that. And yet, they each plan for a future that's best for themselves. That future may be more than just 'possible'." Better just accept that.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:57 am

Breeze doesn't realize Mihai is talking to her, and she keeps muttering to herself, her gaze fixed on the painting.

"Well, I'm an optimist," replies the old man to Konrad, a smile on his face. "I take it you're not?"

During this time, Steve whispers something to Zelk which makes her roll her eyes and immediately grip his jaw with her hand, forcing him to mumble if he wishes to say anything.

"Grandfather," interrupts Zelk, "Thank you for the tour, but I think it's time we be on our way."

"Everything alright?" he asks, a glint of curiosity in his eyes.

"Steve is just being himself. Gwen, can you show us our room?"

"Of course," responds the butler. "If you'll follow me..."

"When do we meet?" inquires Fedler. "Are we really planning to go to the beach?"

Breeze spins around, immediately taken out of her trance.

"The beach!" she exclaims with awe. "I wanna go! I even got a swimsuit somewhere with my stuff."

If Steve tries to talk, Zelk will relax her grip on his face.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:08 am

Fedler wrote:"When do we meet?" inquires Fedler. "Are we really planning to go to the beach?"

"If we meet at 1PM, we should have enough time to buy something to wear before lunch." - Mihai suggests. Doesn't seem all that thrilled with the idea, though.

Then approaches Breeze - "Hey Facehugger. What's with the painting?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:45 am

Zeiss wrote:"Well, I'm an optimist," replies the old man to Konrad, a smile on his face. "I take it you're not?"
"Realist," Konrad corrects. "And Myrzen. A lot of hearts and minds would have to change before the Empire chooses to lower the Dome, probably perfecting whatever magic raised that thing in the first place. Likely, that may take not enough time, or take far too long."

And too much time to take care of a chore = laziness and procrastination.

"Excellent idea, we'll meet at the Loyal Shark at 1pm."

"I must excuse myself, as I've been allowed to bring a date, and I have yet to learn her answer. Would any of you like to meet her?" he asks, looking right at the fairy to slip the summons to her without giving away what he needs her for. The group probably wants her to go with him anyway. It seems Zelk has elected not to tell her grandfather. Interesting. And a poor decision if I am correct.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:56 am

Mihai looks to Fedler, Steve and the rest of the party for assent (or dissent).
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:19 am

"Mmm-mmm," says Steve, indicating that Zelk should relax her grip. When she does he says, "One is a good time. We can try out that restaurant Sean and Gwen were kind enough to arrange for us. We might need some tailoring too before the party."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:42 pm

Breeze faces Mihai to answer him. "Oh, I just can't figure out the trick behind it," she says. "But that doesn't matter anymore, because beach!"

"We all seem to be in agreement then," concludes Zelk. She decides to release her grip on Steve's jaw. "Konrad, you can just bring your date with you to the beach, if she wants to come."

"Well, I'll need to go buy a swimsuit then," adds Fedler. "Why do you even have one Breeze?"

The fairy puts her fists on her hips, proud of herself.

"You gotta plan for every occasion," she summarily explains. "And I'm the best at that."

She doesn't appear to have caught Konrad's hint.

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:48 pm

Mihai will buy some long swimming shorts, and a light tunic (like a t-shirt), with sleeves down to his elbows. Slightly baggy, as he likes loose clothes.

EDIT (not because i read Kolson's or anything): He'll buy a couple beach towels as well.

Last edited by K on Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:39 am

Steve will buy some swimming trunks in the most outlandish colors and patterns that he can find. He'll pair it with a white t-shirt if he can or the equivalent thereof. He'll also buy a hat appropriate for the beach.

He'll also buy a large blanket so they have something to sit on instead of just the sand.

Edit: Steve will borrow enough towels for everyone just in case anyone forgets theirs.

Last edited by Kolson on Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:28 am

[Don't forget to bring a towel!]

Konrad will be bringing a couple of Aemilia's towels, and some rice extract and olive oil to guard against the sun - whatever she has. She may bring something for shade.

[Ancient Egyptian and ancient Greek methods respectively]
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:57 pm

(OOC: Good idea Rory. No reason to get burned right before a party.)
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:42 am

OOC:

The crazy couple is the first to arrive at the Loyal Shark, and a short explanation from Zelk is enough for the waitress to give them a table on a private section of the terrace, which offers a great view of the ocean. It has gotten even hotter in the last few hours, and many people have decided to make the most of this weather and are now either lying down on the beach or playing around in the water.

Zelk was now wearing a red skirt with hip-high hemlines, and a white t-shirt without sleeves. It's quite obvious that under these clothes, she was also wearing a black bikini with a cage top bra. It's no surprise that a few heads would turn as she passes by the other tables. When Fedler arrived at the restaurant with Mihai and Breeze in tow, she had a similar effect. Her athletic figure was emphasized by a white bikini and a transparent skirt with flower motifs, which provided a great contrast to her long hair that were descending on her back. Some other people, the ones who clearly didn't believe in these strange rumors that magical creatures were popping up around the Archipelago, had their eyes fixed on Breeze.

The fairy, oblivious as always, thought they were admiring her own bikini, the one she was so proud to wear. Just like the scarf she wears with her casual outfit, these clothes are adorning the colors of the rainbow, and it undoubtedly makes her super cute.

"Hey Zelky! Hey Steve!" exclaims Breeze. "I think some of them like my swimsuit."

"Definitely," approves Fedler with a mysterious smile. She sits down at the table, and says, "It is pretty."

"I can only agree," adds Zelk with a deadpan tone. "These colors suit you very much."

"You do!?" asks Breeze. "I should add more rainbows in my wardrobe then."

Last edited by Zeiss on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:04 am

Mihai's color scheme doesn't change much from his normal self, as he comes in wearing a pair of black swimming shorts that go down to just above his knees, and a grey-white t-shirt with a button neck, with sleeves down to just above his elbows. The fabric is fully opaque though, and it looks almost a size above on him.

"Make them sparkle, too." - Mihai adds deadpan, as he sits at the table.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:11 pm

Steve is wearing green floral pattern trunks that stop 3/4 of the way down to his thigh, a white t-shirt, and a white panama hat with a forest green band. Upon closer inspection the floral pattern is actually a sea of cats in different and hilarious poses. It's pretty clear why he chose it.

"Yeah, and you need an equally awesome hat too."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:24 pm

Breeze appears to be taking mental notes, as she repeats to herself what Mihai and Steve have just suggested.

"Konrad isn't here yet?" asks Fedler.

"No," replies Zelk. "Nor his ladylove."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:42 pm

"So..." - Mihai quips, mostly to Zelk - "...what's good to eat here?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:48 pm

"Pff, love? I'll believe Konrad in love when I see it." Steve laughs at the idea.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:53 pm

". . . ."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:26 pm

Fedler smiles, sharing in Steve's levity, and replies to Mihai, "I think they mostly serve grilled meat here." She then turns to Zelk. "Right?"

"It's their specialty," confirms the most austere half of the crazy couple. "They also serve all sorts of salads, pasta, and even something called pizza."

"I want to try everything!" chirps in Breeze with her massively small smile.

"Just don't over do it," warns Fedler. "I know you can eat much, somehow, but don't get sick."

"Sick? I could never get sick. I'm a fairy!"

"That's not an explanation at all..."

Right at this moment, Konrad and his "ladylove" make their entrance into the restaurant. The red mage gets a few curious looks from the other patrons, most certainly because of his scar, but they quickly opt to ignore him; except that young girl who is pointing at him with insistence, and whose mother is trying to make her stop.

His date is a woman with shoulder-length raven hair who's almost as tall as Konrad himself. One quick look at her isn't enough to determine her age, but she must be around thirty years old, and although she is wearing a plain blue shirt with gray shorts, she definitely makes a few heads turn as she and Konrad walk toward the table. There's definitely something... dignified in her attitude, without being an outright snob.

"Oh, hey Wildfire!" Breeze waves her hand at the strange couple. "Sit down quick! They have something called pizza!"

"Oh my," says the lady under her breath. "You are a fairy, right?"

"Yup! Nice to meet you!"

Ladylove smiles. "I didn't know I would meet such distinguished companions."

Happy to hear this compliment, the fairy laughs with a merry tone. The lady observes the other people sitting at the table with newfound interest, until her eyes settle on Konrad with the clear expectation that he will introduce everyone.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:01 am

With a smug grin, Konrad walks in arm-in-arm with Aemilia. As he does, he takes in an eyeful of the two women seated. "Well well well! Hello, ladies. Remind me to thank Mr. Freeron for suggesting where to spend the afternoon. It will certainly be a scenic one, and I'm not just talking about the view of the ocean."

Zeiss wrote:"Oh, hey Wildfire!" Breeze waves her hand at the strange couple. "Sit down quick! They have something called pizza!"
"Thank you, Breeze." He pulls out a couple chairs for himself and Aemilia, paying no "gentlemanly" attention, just making sure there are seats for both of them. That smug grin is consistent for Aemilia's reaction to Breeze. "Oh, is your first time?" he asks with a quiet playful emphasis.

"Ahem, right, where are my manners? Everyone, I'd like to formally introduce you to Miss Aemilia Avenarius. She heads the Free Feathers branch of her company. Aemilia, this is the one who extended her invitation to the ball to us, Zelk Freeron. The rest are my comrades Steve Oldturn, Fedler Melan, Mihai Sobotka, and Breeze, no last name. They're invited as well."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next