Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Adventure 02: The Northern Cave

+10
K
Ashakel
Gwydo
Kolson
Rory
Permeus (tabran)
Snarg of Wildpaw
Z
Zeiss
Archengeia
14 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Second Adventure 02: The Northern Cave - Page 2 Empty Re: Second Adventure 02: The Northern Cave

Post by Rory Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:28 am

Snarg of Wildpaw wrote:"Ooooh, too bad... water might be helpin' anyone wantin' to help me by makin' the howlin' ya heard." Snarg unhitches a waterskin and bounces it up and down in his hand, looking slightly mischievous.
"What is your problem, Hyena?" Rory hissed. "These people are worn down. Besides, they're all gonna volunteer anyway!"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Second Adventure 02: The Northern Cave - Page 2 Empty Re: Second Adventure 02: The Northern Cave

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:30 am

At the sight of the waterskin a dozen people rush forward, insisting they know the cave inside and out and can guide you across every inch of its depths. Even without double checking it is quite clear they are saying so in desperation to get to the water, with no validity to their claims.

Snarg:
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:36 am

Snarg refuses the offers of those wanting to guide, "I know ya ain't been in the cave." however, he distributes the water to people around him anyway, quickly running dry. "Now that ya throats a lil slicker, I was lookin' for one of ya boys to let me know 'bout the howlin' and what's been goin' durin' ya watches since ya got blood in ya river."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:40 am

Rory looks on as the situation diffuses. Some people were going to have to go without. Why hadn't they seen this coming? They should have bought enough water in Al-Erat to distribute it amongst them, if this is what Snarg would resort to. He glares at the Gnoll, trying to make it very clear that he considered the gnoll's action reckless, distasteful, and a waste of time.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:41 am

The guards speak, one after another, and share what they know. They're aware of the Armordillo pack that settled just west of here, about 5 days ago. They know that the howling is... odd, because it seems to follow no patterns to when the beast (whatever it is) is howling. The Mayor/Constable has strictly forbidden anyone heading to the cave on their own for the duration of the emergency for their own safety, wanting professionals to handle it. Otherwise there's been no unusual activity in quite a while, over a couple of months at least.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:44 am

Anybody With Knowledge: Politics
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:47 am

Snarg returned Rory's glare with a confused look and then turned to address the militia and mayor: "I'm thinkin' we might be gettin' to packin' up to get ya problem taken care of real quick like. If ya excuse me." he bounds off in the direction of the inn.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:52 am

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:56 am

Snarg:
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:04 am

"There's one more thing I wanted to ask, mayor. Where can I find the boy who first discovered the impurity in the water? I would have questions for him."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:14 am

The Mayor abidingly heads off into the town, and comes back several minutes later with a young Troll boy who looks to be about 15. "Here, Gulthwa here was the first one to discover the unusual water."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:17 am

Before Entering The Cave
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:18 am

*as they head toward the cave Kezrinthka proceeds to enlighten the group with the information she gathered the day before however, little...*

The towns people seem to have an immune disorder. They are not growing 'old' like kolson's hand, but instead are contracting various diseases. They have everything from the common cold to Chicken Pocks. I've never read about any magics that have this kind of effect, though its obvious to me that the lowered immune system causing the townfolks' to get sick is only a side effect of the bigger issue. Curiosity got the better of me having learned that no one person was showing the same syemptoms as another and I did something extremely foolhardy."

*she raises up her left hand showing it being bandaged and unwinding the bandage as she explains*

"I wanted to test and see if two people would show the same symptoms if direct contact was made with the water, as it seems no one in town has dared to touch it. This is the result."

*looking closer at her hand you notice that the chitinous exoskeleton of her hand has seized up and there is a slight crack in the surface along the back of her hand.*

"I'm not certain what to make of this, but I can tell you that I was unable to heal it magically just like Kolson. And I heard the same scream in the back of my mind as he described. Something... or someone is in great pain. I can still feel it."

*for the first time you see the Olthoi look visibly shaken her body shakes at the memory making a distinctive sound.*
Z
Z

Character sheet
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:24 am

Archengeia wrote:Before Entering The Cave
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:25 am

Rory brought his hand to his head when the mayor left. Surely the oaf heard what he said: he asked where he could find him, not to bring him to the inn. When the two of them returned, Rory didn't hide his disappointment, though he didn't go out of his way to express it in any visible fashion. The lazy-eyed banderling might be up to some funny business though he didn't have much reason to believe that. Rory certainly held back any impression that might indicate this suspicion.

When the adolescent was presented, Rory marched up within a sociably acceptable distance. Fortunately, he did have a certain inquiry up his sleeve, if the mayor was indeed being sly, but he was going to be casual about it.

"Gulthwa, is it?" he greeted. "I hear you're the one who first discovered the impurity in the water. How's your memory? Can you recall what happened?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:28 am

Kolson grabs Kez's right hand with his own. He alone understands what she is going through and wants to comfort her as best he can.

"It will be okay, Miss Kez. We'll get to the bottom of this."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:32 am

Snarg:
Spoiler:

Rory:
The boy scratches one of his tusks for a moment before responding, "I was getting up really early that day," he begins slowly. "I like to grab a few tomatoes and potatoes for the morning soup before starting work, so I shimmied across one of the bridges towards the vines and noticed somethin odd about the river, like someone'd dumped a mess of dye or blood in it. It was just streaming out," he made some hand gestures, "didn't seem to stop or nothin. I didn't know what to make of it, so I went to grab the goods and I noticed several of the vines and bushes looked wilted, which was odd cuz they'd been fine just last evening." He shrugged, a bit sheepishly. "And that's all I can remember, really. I ran back and started wakin people up, and they all saw it before the sun rose and the red faded."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:35 am

*Kezrithka feels slightly more calm having focused in on the Elf's words. She nods and continues on toward the cave. Though the closer they get the more uneasy she becomes. She stares at the mouth of the cave, not even bothering to watch the reactions of those around her.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:40 am

*At the mouth of the cave Kezrithka's bag gives a few lurches and suddenly a small ball of light energy zips out into the air worriedly zipping around Kezrithka's arms, legs, and claws, finally settling into a hurried buzz around her face. It seems as though the small orb is attempting to get her attention or perhaps distract her from her worrying. Distractedly Kezrinthka pats the small orb of light*

Skittish:
Spoiler:

*she attempts to grab the orb and place it back in her pack, but the orb darts away from her hands and continues to orbit Kezrithka's body*

Last edited by Kezrinthka (Xahn) on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:41 am

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:42 am

Rory nodded, and thought perhaps there wasn't anything this boy was hiding out of fear or guilt. He looks to Zeiss. The assassin was skilled at bluffing and reading past face value, and had proven himself invaluable more than once.

Rory pulled him aside, and whispered, "do you believe the boy? Is he holding anything back?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:46 am

Rory Vallon wrote:Rory nodded, and thought perhaps there wasn't anything this boy was hiding out of fear or guilt. He looks to Zeiss. The assassin was skilled at bluffing and reading past face value, and had proven himself invaluable more than once.

Rory pulled him aside, and whispered, "do you believe the boy? Is he holding anything back?"
Zeiss clandestinely shakes his head and whispers under his breath, "He sounds like he's telling the truth to me. If he's holding anything back, I didn't hear it."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:55 am

Satisfied, Rory nodded respectfully toward the boy. He was satisfied that this lead had been explored, even if there was nothing to chase.

"Thank you. You may return to your home."

He proceeded to find somewhere to lean and let his companions take the reigns. He silently cursed the conspiracy that plagued Al-Erat, and may plague it still. It made him wary. He didn't know who he could relax around in this flaming desert that was the ass of the world.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:56 am

To take him mind off of the scary cave, Kolson says to Kez, "Oh, a Light Spirit. How long have you two been together?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:58 am

*when they enter the Cave Tab decides to mark the cave wall with a dagger scratching a arrow pointing to the way they cam and a number starting with 001 but before they head in he try's the mark to see how deep he can mark the wall and what it looks like*
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next