Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Adventure 02: The Northern Cave

+10
K
Ashakel
Gwydo
Kolson
Rory
Permeus (tabran)
Snarg of Wildpaw
Z
Zeiss
Archengeia
14 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Second Adventure 02: The Northern Cave - Page 3 Empty Re: Second Adventure 02: The Northern Cave

Post by Gwydo Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:56 am

Spoiler:
"Considering the river runs north-south, depending on what time of day we approach the cave, one side will be better lighted than the other. We should approach on that better lighted side. More light will be directed into the cave, AND we will be less likely to be blinded due to looking towards the sun.
Also I have a hooded lantern that I will give to... Hmmm. I need a volunteer. Preferably someone that does not need both hands for battle."
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Second Adventure 02: The Northern Cave - Page 3 Empty Re: Second Adventure 02: The Northern Cave

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 am

"well to be quite honest ied like it if there wasn't any Battle on the narrow ledge next to the waters of death in the cramped cave if you take my meaning"

Tab says with a smile on his face

"but ied say give the lamp to the one that goes at the front of the group, me ied like my eyes to be a bit away from the light so i can get them used to the darkness if i can?"

Spoiler:
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:42 pm

"Be careful when inside. Eyes wide open and listen for any suspicious noises. I don't like this. Don't like it at all." Ashakel slowly draws his sword when entering the cave.
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:08 pm

"Think the situation inside the cave might be more important than the one at the entrance. Which side do you think gives us the more room to maneuver inside the cave proper?"
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:12 pm

"I hate caves... i don't think it matters too much which side we enter. it's still a cave ether way." Araiguna has a very noticeable quiver in his voice, he's not scared, just slightly more nervous than usual.
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:35 pm

The sun does indeed rise in the east and set in the west. It is currently approaching noon, not yet high-noon. Tabran will be able to make attempts to mark the cave once you actually enter it, but upon approach a horrific howl lets forth, just one, from the cave that reverberates horribly. From this distance the contrast in lighting makes it effectively impossible to see within, save hearing the rush of the river.
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:40 pm

"well... here goes nothing...."
Spoiler:

Last edited by Araiguna on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:41 pm

"Fear not this beast, brothers. You are warriors at heart!" Ashakel bravely, but perhaps foolishly tries to approach the cave entrance.

Spoiler:
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Handing the hooded lantern to (will edit later), Gwydo strides confidently towards the cave entrance; sword and shield held ready.
Spoiler:
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:48 pm

Rory, Snarg, Kolson, Sethos, and Gwydo all hesitate about 10' out from the cave entrance, finding themselves almost unwilling or unable to take another step forward.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:49 pm

The troll turned to those who hesitated to enter. "Muster up! There is nothing here, it's all in your heads."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:50 pm

Javan, now donning a heavy-looking half-plate, laughs nervously as he follows those that went ahead, his spear at ready.
Spoiler:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:51 pm

"I sure hope that screaming's not in my head. Had enough of that last time."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:53 pm

"By the Holy tenements of Life, what in the world is in that cave?!?!" Gwydo exclaims, his deep voice wavering as he tries to dispel his terror.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:01 pm

Rory, Snarg, Kolson, Sethos, and Gwydo:
If you blow one AP you will be able to overcome your unease sufficiently to approach with the rest of the party.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:07 pm

Gathering his will, Kolson buries his fear, and pushes forward, one agonizing step at a time.

He would not be defeated by fear of the unknown, magical or otherwise.

Spoiler:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Rory heard the howling come from inside the cave. What manner of beast could make that sound? He could not detect pain in its inflection, or fear, or rage. He could detect no emotion or feeling behind it, and a sense of foreboding seemed to grab at him from the cave, even after the noise had ceased. The reach of the invisible, intangible claw in the darkness was barely within distance of clutching at the barbarian. It was all he could do to keep back.

He shuddered, straining to keep his cool in the presence of the others. He couldn't focus on them enough to tell if his efforts made any difference. He needed to move forward, but he had not the power.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:12 pm

Haneul squared their shoulders, with Dara's support at their back, and continued forward, straining their eyes to see in the dark. Their determination blocked out the members of the party who had been halted from venturing closer.
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:19 pm

despite his unusual anxiety about caves, Ariaguna finds himself ahead of many of the others in his display of bravery. a sudden wave of accomplishment swooped over him as he could feel himself press onward into the dark, damp chasm.
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:23 pm

*In the end, whatever is in this cave will either kill them, or it will not. Or it will enslave them in some kind of worse than death torment, that's always a nice thought. Must stop imagining things. Eyes forward.*
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Rory glanced around at his friends as they marched right into the darkness. Why was he hesitating, when a tiny mite was striding in confidently? He took a few steps, then leaned back as the invisible claw barely raked his face. He was afraid, but the suspension was infuriating.

His mind screamed at his feet, forcing them to move one after the other, trotting quickly toward the shadows. He tucked his head in, flinching as the claws seemed to rake at the nerves on his arms, back and scalp. Finally burrowing his way through the invisible wall, he headed straight for the comfort of Gwydo's lantern.

He breathed a sigh of relief and irritation. He finally made it inside, earning back his self-respect.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:27 pm

*Ashakel tries to hum a Naverre battle chant to keep everyone's spirits up.*
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:29 pm

"Rory, all good?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:31 pm

"I'm fine," he snarled. "Worry about your own fear, I've conquered mine."

Last edited by Rory Vallon on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rewording)
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 pm

Rory Vallon wrote:"I'm fine," he snarled. "Worry about your own fear, I've conquered mine."

"Awesome."

*Good advice, too.*
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next