Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fourth Adventure 01: To Order or Not To Order

+7
Permeus (tabran)
K
Z
Ashakel
Snarg of Wildpaw
Zeiss
Archengeia
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fourth Adventure 01: To Order or Not To Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 01: To Order or Not To Order

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:11 pm

Crilfu, looking vaguely irritated, nods. "I can go get the paperwork, if you are insistent." He turns and wanders off into the hallways, and likely will not be back for several minutes.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Fourth Adventure 01: To Order or Not To Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 01: To Order or Not To Order

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:15 pm

"...I think he doesn't like you Snarg."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:17 pm

"ye guys can we not make the new boss grumpy?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:18 pm

"Ain't treadin' new ground." Snarg snorts.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:21 pm

"Well, don't look at me! I'm all charm. You should talk to Snarg if you want to make sure our new employer stays happy..."

Zeiss stopped talking and waited.

"...Good thing the others didn't come then."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:35 pm

The Moarsman finally comes back with what looks like an iron slab. It is currently blank, but he hands it to the three without comment. As one of you takes it, words begin appearing as rapidly as you can read along its surface.

From what you can tell, employment is a magically contractual binding, connected to the individual's souls to ensure no tampering. The Third Wing of the Order will be the division you are under, which is effectively the military branch. Apparently the 113th Adjunct is what you will be, a group very recently developed but only has one other member to-date. Its purpose is to be a response team to situations of significance. The level and severity of missions assigned is up to the Adjunct's superior, Executor Gremlock of Anvilmar.
The party will be given a salary of 80 gold per week, per individual, regardless of other circumstances as long as they remain employed. They may terminate employment with just cause and with notice. Failure to give notice will result in magical backlash. What magical backlash is is not exactly detailed. The Order may terminate the employment of the party at any time without notice however they must first have a formal hearing over the matter and give sufficient evidence and proof to support termination.
Mission pay and supplies will be determined by the Executor on a mission-to-mission basis and will depend on all given variables, including partial and/or complete success of mission objectives.
Adjunct members within the Special Operations Division under Executor Gremlock are not required to automatically nor apparently identify themselves as members of the Order, the Third Wing, the S.O.D., nor the 113th Adjunct. However at any and all times at which the Adjunct has their status known, they are expected to behave in a manner befitting representatives of the Order, as they will in many cases literally be the 'face' of the Order towards those they interact with. In a similar vein, authority to act as representatives of the Order is variable on a mission to mission basis. In general, overall authority and say will increase with time, trust, and performance.
The Adjunct does not have the right to refuse a mission normally. Should they have serious ethical qualms or questions thereof they can report these to their Executor for evaluation or, if they believe there is sufficient cause, bypass local chain of command to contact the Operatives or, in extreme cases, the Adjudicator of the entire Third Wing himself. The Order is a beneficial organization at its core, dedicated to helping and serving, and if it is believed this is not the case it should be brought up. It is of course worth noting that not all missions have a right answer.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:38 pm

as tab is looking over the contract

"you said that the mission is urgent?
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:41 pm

"Yes Tabran. He said the mission was urgent..."

His eyes stayed on the slab.

"...It looks good to me. I suppose the pay we receive each week could potentially be raised? Depending on the success of our missions I mean."

Something else was strange.

"And how do you determine someone isn't in your employ anymore? Because I don't want to be victim to a "magical backlash" by accident."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:45 pm

"Bein' lots o' ethic-type stuff." Snarg looks up at the Moarsman and scratches his chin, "I'm thinkin' ya got some odd stuff in mind fer us. I got a musin' for ya then: what do ya be thinin' 'bout this? I know ya Order, but what do ya be thinkin' 'bout what the Order's doin'?"

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Groaning from the stiffness in his back, Gwydo rises from his miserable sleep in the wagon and makes his way back to the inn.

"Barkeep, coffee. Black. As strong as you can make it."
"Please." he adds after a moment of realization.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:56 pm

"The weekly salary is unchanging. That is for living and standard expenses, and I might add, is quite a bit of pocket change so I'm not entirely certain why you are complaining."
He then turns to the Gnoll and smiles, a bit bemused. "Well I volunteered for Order service decades ago and have supported it ever since so I suppose I am in favor of what we do. Naturally the Third Wing is a very small portion of the Order, but we have been helpful on more then a few occasions in keeping the peace."

Snarg:
This looks like a complete boilerplate standard contract.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:01 pm

The representative answered his questions.

"I am satisfied with this contract. One last thing : what is that magical backlash?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:03 pm

"Hmmm, a'ight." Snarg turns back and studies the contract again. "Maybe . . . maybe ya be tellin' a bit 'bout "terminatin' wit' no notice' and there bein' a 'backlash'. I ain't likin' that, since I'm gettin' burned by somethin' like that recent."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:03 pm

The Moarsman turned to look at Zeiss. "It depends on exactly what your soul decides to do. If you were to, say, decide to betray us or turn upon us by attacking innocents or fellow, the backlash would be..." he pauses. "Severe."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:06 pm

"Hmm... Okay then. It's not like I had the intention to murder innocent people anyway. So how do I sign this?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 pm

Snarg sighs heavily and looks up from the tablet. "Eh, I be gettin' over it. This lookin' to be cut 'n dry. I ain't got no problem wit' it."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:17 pm

"good then will we all need to bind to the contract sepretly or as a group?"

Last edited by Tabran Cole on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:18 pm

"Let's save some time. I'm signing it now."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:20 pm

"It needs to be, ah... 'signed' as a group, if you would please."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:23 pm

"Ah. Then I suppose we should go get our colleagues."

Zeiss gave the slab back to Cirlfu. He turned towards Snarg and Tabran.

"Just wait for me."

He goes back to the inn, explains to everyone what he learned and tells them they need to go to the Hall to "sign" the contract.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:26 pm

"im sorry for all the questions but just lately our group has had trust problems with contracts and organisations"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:30 pm

Snarg paces in a circle, anxiously fidgeting with his paws.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:52 pm

Rory stood in Crilfu's office, ready to sign. As he held the cold iron slab, his palms moist from the hot climate, and his feet quite warm, he asked Crilfu, "I'm curious, what great feats is the 113th commendable for, while up to this point having only one member?"

His signature appeared on the iron as he spoke. From the moment it was decided at the inn, he had no intention of going back.

Last edited by Rory on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:53 pm

Kolson follows Zeiss back to the The Order offices. He tips his hat in greeting to Adjudicator Crilfu and says, "Evening, sir. I just have a few questions before I sign anything.

1. What is the specific process for giving notice that one wants to quit? I'd like that to be added to the contract in writing.

2. What is The Order's obligation for notifying us of the termination hearing? How does that process work? I'd also like that to be added to the contract.

3. I notice our specific mission pay isn't listed. Would you be able to ballpark it?

4. What is The Order's stance on outside business activities? I'm in the process of trying to pull together a manufacturing business.

5. If I or my colleagues invent and Weave new types of gear, what claim, if any would The Order have to them if we decided to put them up for sale?

6. Could you define what the backlash entails? I assume you mean the standard.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:56 pm

They were back to the Order's building. Zeiss took back his slab of iron. When he looked at it, it was already signed.

"...That's good."

Last edited by Zeiss on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next