Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z

+8
Kolson
K
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Ashakel
Snarg of Wildpaw
Rory
Zeiss
Archengeia
12 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z Empty Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:11 am

Those who chose to undergo the Temple's Trial have emerged, whether in success or defeat. Those below are unawares, enjoying the facilities and amenities, and admiring the view.

Last edited by Archengeia on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z

Post by Zeiss Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:29 am

Zeiss emerged from the purple Star. All his memories came back. And now he felt... disappointed. But soon, that feeling was submerged by another. To calm himself, he touched his neck. There was nothing there. But he still could remember what he just experienced. He looked nervously around. At this moment, he needed to find a place where he could sit a few minutes.

He sit there for a long time, not really looking at anything, and thinking. A little more than an hour passed before he finally decided to get back on his feet. And while he walked towards the exit, he looked one last time at the Purple Star. And he whispered to himself :

"I'm never coming back here."

He left the Temple.

Last edited by Zeiss on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z

Post by Rory Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:41 am

Rory stood stiffened, his jaw locked. As he looked back up at the stars, he felt an overwhelming desire to see them explode. Since when was it a failure to adopt someone's philosophy? There was nothing wrong with what he was doing, no reason he should deserve what he was told he did. Frell this place.

he sighed, letting the anger pass. "I'm done with temples."

Still, it wasn't a total waste of time and thought. It had shown him something that he had forgotten--though he could not fathom how he had. "Riton, Holtburg," he mumbled.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:12 am

Snarg remains still, staring straight ahead for a good minute. Then, his eyes furiously dart around for a moment before his face wretches in to a snarl. He angrily stomps over to the pad and leaves.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:57 am

Ashakel emerged from the Star. In a second, it all came back to him. His real memories. But now... He felt prepared. Prepared to face whatever was written in his stepfather's journal with calmness that he didn't have before. He turned to the star, bowed his head and murmured: "Thank you."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:50 pm

Hanuel steps out from the star, and after a few moments, drops to their knees, an arm quickly rising to cover their face as tears stream down their cheeks. Hanuel attempts to summon Dara, unable to stand under their own power, emotionally drained from the trial.

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:01 pm

Dara springs to life, instantly and happily, feeling more revitalized and enthusiastic then you could ever recall it being. It quickly positions itself in a way to both comfort and support you, half holding you up and half tight hug.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:18 pm

*He steps out of the star. It takes a second to take it all in, but as soon as he does, his eyes go wide, and his breath quickens visibly. After about three seconds of staring bug-eyed into nothing, his eyes dart around the room. They finally lock in on the nearest Order official. He moves quickly, and with unwavering purpose, right up to him, and, trying hard not to shout...*

"What that real!? Was what i just saw in there real!?"
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:34 pm

The Banderling in long green robes tries to comfort Higaide as well as he can. "I know, I know it's shocking, fear not. What you saw did not actually happen, it was purely within."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:39 pm

*Or was it? He couldn't chance it.*

"I need to speak with Adjudicator Crilfu of Blackwater, or failing that, Executor Gremlock. How do i make it happen?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:40 pm

When he overheard the Banderling's words, Rory got in the two person line formed by him and Higaide so far. When it came his turn to speak, he asked, "Does that mean none of it is true? Can we trust that the trial, real or not, speaks truthfully?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:42 pm

The representative looks at you, confused. "I'm sorry sir I have no idea who those people are, aside from their titles so I assume they're part of the military. Perhaps you should try and find someone who works with the Third Wing?"
It occurs to you that your best bet for a quick answer... relatively speaking given the time it takes to return to the base of the Tower... would be to find Zeiss.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:47 pm

The man in green robes turns towards Rory. "What you saw was a potential... past, present, or future. It would not deceive you per say, only show you what might be or what is. There is no real way to know, in most cases."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:49 pm

*Oh, great, just what he needed.*

"Uh, thanks."

*He walks off to do the last thing he would ever want to. Find Zeiss.*

Last edited by Higaide on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:50 pm

Snarg walks up to Gwydo, a slight snarl on his face. "Best be gettin' ya wagon ready. We ain't be stickin' 'round this rock kissin' place much longa I'm thinkin'." smacking his jaw several times, he heads off towards a large gathering of merchants.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:57 pm

Snarg:
From your knowledge of the region you realize there is in fact a road, not as well paved nor designed as the Gold Road, that stretches through Al-Korinth, which is an oasis city, eastwards towards Al-Jalima. It connects to the Gold Road just north of Al-Ferin. You also do not find any magical items of note for sale.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:00 pm

Rory hesitated for a moment, then asked, "My insight fails me at the moment. Could you, or maybe someone else, help me understand?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:04 pm

Rory:
The Banderling nods kindly. "Would you like me to get an Ibrexi for you? People having difficulties after their Trials are not uncommon, and I'm sure it would only be a wait of a few minutes."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:06 pm

Rory simply nodded. "Is there a place where I can sit? My mind is heavy."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 pm

Snarg purchases and fills several waterskins and purchases half-a-dozen trail rations from the marketplace. He gives a handful of gold coins to the tithing jars. "Maybe that'll be gettin' ya temple some help, hm?" he mutters as he drops the coins in.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:13 pm

*Finally spots Zeiss at the market. Better just keep it simple. He approaches.*

"I need that Order coin."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 pm

Zeiss was looking for alcohol. There was nothing strong enough for what he wanted. Then he heard Higaide talks to him, which surprised him a little. He didn't know why he needed the coin and he didn't care. He looked in his pocket and gave it to him.

After that, he browsed another stall.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:24 pm

*Examines the coin, to see if anything stands out. He tries pressing it, see if anything will happen.*

"Executor?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:26 pm

Higaide:
There is a bit of a pause before you hear a rough Dwarven voice come out of the coin. "Yes? This is Executor Gremlock, what is it?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:36 pm

Rory:
"Sit anywhere you would like, it is most comfortable to rest." He gestures at the empty space around you.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next