Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z

+8
Kolson
K
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Ashakel
Snarg of Wildpaw
Rory
Zeiss
Archengeia
12 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z - Page 2 Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z

Post by Rory Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:44 pm

Slightly addled at the invitation, Rory looks around for an empty area to sit. While trying, he squats in a sitting position, his leg muscles and back tense. Just before he feels the inevitable sensation of falling, he sits on something. What it is, he does not know, because he cannot see it. Feeling comfortable, if a bit awkward, he attempts to recline, and feels the back of a chair to lean on.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z - Page 2 Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z

Post by K Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:45 pm

"This is Higaide. I'm with your new team.

There's something i need to know. It's important - potentially life or death.

About twenty-one days ago, a ship docked at Holtburg, from an Island which up until that point should not have appeared on any chart. It's crew would have been made up of people similar to elves, but with round ears - a seemingly new race in these lands. That's my island, about 5 days journey distance into the sea, and i have reason to believe it may now be catastrophically imperiled.

Does the Order have any information regarding the island's current state?"
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:48 pm

Rory:
It is only a few minutes wait before an Elf man in long green and gold robes arrives. He bows respectfully as he introduces herself, "I am Oran of Mistweave, Ibrexi of the Order. I was told you needed help or guidance. Would you like to talk here, or would you prefer someplace more private?"

Higaide:
There is another pause. "You say it's important so I'll look into it and get back to you. I've never heard of this situation personally, but I'm sure someone else has. Keep the coin, I'll contact you when I know something. Gremlock out."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:49 pm

"Thank you. Higaide out."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:56 pm

Archengeia wrote:Rory:
It is only a few minutes wait before an Elf man in long green and gold robes arrives. He bows respectfully as he introduces herself, "I am Oran of Mistweave, Ibrexi of the Order. I was told you needed help or guidance. Would you like to talk here, or would you prefer someplace more private?"
"Here is fine," Rory answered. He looked at the Elf expectantly while contemplating what was parts of the trial were sensitive and what weren't.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:59 pm

Kolson emerges from the star with a spring in his step and a feeling of feeling of triumphant enlightenment. "Fascinating."

He makes all haste to find Kez so he can tell her about his experience.

Kez:

After he is done, he decides to restock on supplies for the trip ahead. Duty called after all.

Supplies:

Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:59 pm

Rory:
"Very well then. What troubles you then, what can I help you with?" She folds her hands in front of her, staying standing, and looking at you patiently.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:15 pm

"Very well then. What troubles you then, what can I help you with?" She folds her hands in front of her, staying standing, and looking at you patiently.
"Some things that it said."

"I woke up floating on debris at sea," he explained. "When I swam closer to the wreckage, I saw a man that I recognized. He...had done something terrible, and then tried to do something he found entertaining."

"I narrowly avoided that, but it was before the trial began. By then, I was convinced that the trial was showing me the past, but something I didn't remember. I..." He hesitated for a second. would it be safe to tell her what happened next? Still, what perplexed him was what he had learned. He needed to know if he could trust the apparition's words.

"He told me who he worked for," he continued, "and where to find them. I killed him. Then, some survivors of the wreckage came to, and a man questioned my deed. When I berated his inquiry, he told me that I would have to suffer as well. I dismissed his argument and tried to make it on my own to land. Then I died, still at sea, just as i walked out of the trial."

Rory didn't regret anything he'd said in the trial, nor the way it turned out. If he really had died that day, it wouldn't have made an impact on the world for good or ill. And that jerk advocate from the wreckage could choke and die on his cough.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:19 pm

Rory:
The man nods calmly, looking undisturbed. "The Spacial Element is about understanding, tolerance, helping others regardless of the cost to yourself. Forgiveness, and good will. If you do not engender these qualities, then it is without question that you would not succeed in your Trial. But even a failure is intended to make you think, about why, what, and how. My advise to you is to consider the path you tread, and why you tread upon it."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:36 pm

The man nods calmly, looking undisturbed. "The Spacial Element is about understanding, tolerance, helping others regardless of the cost to yourself. Forgiveness, and good will. If you do not engender these qualities, then it is without question that you would not succeed in your Trial. But even a failure is intended to make you think, about why, what, and how. My advise to you is to consider the path you tread, and why you tread upon it."
"Such values are not alien to me," he replied. "I understand that anger is not like wine. And people can be just as quick to regret a misdeed as they would a violent, uncontrolled outburst. But when a man does something sick for fun...how can I let him walk away from that? What about others who may yet fall prey to him?"

Rory rubbed his forehead and temples while instinctively leaning forward to rest his elbows on something--and something was there to lean on. "If I really did kill someone, I had probably done so hastily. But what I had suffered had been so recent."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:40 pm

If they could, they should leave as soon as they could. They had a job to do. And Zeiss wanted to leave. So, he tried to find an member of the Order that could inform him about other groups of pilgrims leaving the temple.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Rory:
"As I told you, such philosophies are not for everyone, but of course it's not static nor black and white either. You do not have to forgive everyone always, for that would lead to others taking advantage of you. But of course you should not condone everyone either, for such is a dark and short life. Temperance should be considered in your methodology. If such a wound was so recent, perhaps it was literally impossible for you to forgive, even if the soul was sincerely regretful. Or perhaps the horror of what was done to you has tainted you, and that is what the Trial was trying to show you to begin with... to bring it to your mind, that you might face it and deal with it in your own, personal way."

Zeiss:
There are no pilgrimages leaving the Temple per say, merely ones heading to other Temples from here (as it is quite common to have a 'chain' of Pilgrimages leading from one Temple to the next).
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:00 am

"As I told you, such philosophies are not for everyone, but of course it's not static nor black and white either. You do not have to forgive everyone always, for that would lead to others taking advantage of you. But of course you should not condone everyone either, for such is a dark and short life. Temperance should be considered in your methodology. If such a wound was so recent, perhaps it was literally impossible for you to forgive, even if the soul was sincerely regretful. Or perhaps the horror of what was done to you has tainted you, and that is what the Trial was trying to show you to begin with... to bring it to your mind, that you might face it and deal with it in your own, personal way."
Rory breathed deeply and nodded. "I understand. Thank you."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:07 am

Hanuel walked slowly towards the teleporter, leaning on Dara for support with a mix of fear, joy, sadness and peace on their face. It would take a while to regain their energy, but the trial had been more than worth while.

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:15 am

Spoiler:
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:22 am

Tab is currently laying on the wagon sunbathing
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:31 am

Snarg returns to the wagon, carrying several more water skins and packs of rations. "We be goin' soon, yep. Be gettin' on the Gold Road fer a little ways before strayin' off East to get ya to Al-Korinth. Make sure ya got ya water and rations fer ya trip."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:31 am

Kolson decides to look into horses for the non-Olthoi in the party.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:32 am

*While waiting for word back from Gremlock, Higaide buys 8 days worth of food and 2 waterskins, along with a Plain Healing Kit to replace the one he used up. He throws in a 52g donation.*
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:56 am

Snarg goes up and down the party, checking their gear for travel. He looks unusually solemn; the usual spring in his step is absent. "Make sure ya be gettin' ya eatin' n' drinkin' done while we bein' here. We gonna be double timin' it to Al-Korinth."

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:08 am

After enduring the elevator ride twice, Rory bought himself rations of meat, bread, fruit and greens for the trip all the way to Al-Korinth. He didn't want to be stuck paying the expensive price for it if they stopped at Al-Ferin first. He took a shot of the bourbon and prepared to walk--or ride a horse, whatever the case may be.
Spoiler:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:38 am

When everyone is back together, Kolson walks up to each party member and begins handing out gifts and making conversation. He's extremely curious about their experiences at the Spacial Temple.

Ash:

Caladrius:

Gwydo:

Han:

Higaide:

Javen:

Kez:

Rory:

Sethos:

Snarg:

Tabran:

Zeiss:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:43 am

@kolson

Tab looks at you with a bemused look on his face

Spoiler:

"i...i dont know what to say, no one has ever bought me a gift before."

before you get time to respond he leaps forward and hugs you, tab steps back and looks a little sad and shy at the same time.

"i didn't think to get you or the other guys anything"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:57 am

Rory:
No cost.

The next few days pass without real incident. Traveling double time along the Gold Road, without pausing, rotating people to carrying the wagon and walking and resting so the group as a whole can make continuous progress. After making it a bit further north than Al-Ferin you find the branching road that leads to Al-Jalima, which will take you to the oasis city of Al-Korinth. This road is less kept and trafficked then the Gold Road, but you make good time with the lessened flow of oncoming people.

The sun is setting for a third time on the 5th of February when you reach the outskirts of Al-Korinth. Even here the ground has shifted from hard, red dirt to surprisingly fresh grass and greens, and as you look around you see the first real sign of grassy hills and trees you've seen in the Reach. The town itself is clearly a trading town, long and wide streets designed for multiple stalls and heavy traffic, and even now as night is setting the city is lit up with hundreds of Magicite-powered lanterns that keep it glowing brightly against the starry skies. The atmosphere is very hurried and energetic, with fast crowds moving in all directions. There are no less than five Inns near the center of the city, and a rather large market which is still open.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:06 am

Sethos found himself outside of the violet giant, an entirely unfamiliar area confusing him as his movement subconsciously took him forwards, he'd been kneeling on the floor of his office then a light and now he was somewhere, a temple perhaps, he'd never seen this one, he recognised the person in front of him as a member of the order. He looked up and saw the unimaginable beauty of the sky, it seemed familiar, had he been here? The colour of them changed as though he recognised what he saw, he couldn't put his finger on it, he looked around again mouth a gape. The order member said something to him as he passed, he did not hear, he looked in front of him and saw a gnoll, had he ever seen a gnoll before? How did he know it was a gnoll? Then the face changed, it wasn't just a gnoll, he knew this person, the face conjured memories, vague images, then sounds, his voice, things this gnoll had said, then a name began to echo, an ar sound, maybe an s, Snar...

"Snarg" Sethos whispered under his breath then he looked around, Kolson, Higaide, Zeiss, Ashakel, all the names came back to him, all the memories crushed him as he realised what had happened, his life reshaped in front of him, he remembered who he was. A laugh came out of his throat, surprising him, it was an unconscious reaction, he looked back at the star and shook his head with a grin, before walking back to the teleport, chuckling heartily.

At the bottom Sethos takes his present from Kolson, his eyes light up as he gazes on his new pipe.
"Where did you get this? Why did you get this?" Then instead of waiting for an answer he abruptly embraces Kolson in a hug and thanks him profusely.
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next