Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z

+8
Kolson
K
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Ashakel
Snarg of Wildpaw
Rory
Zeiss
Archengeia
12 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:46 am

Spoiler:

upon seeing the town in the near distance Tab lets out a sigh of relief

Spoiler:

"you know i was starting to think that this place didnt actual exist, the map dosnt do any justice to how far that treck is even my blisters have blisters, i hope we have time for my feet to recover before sent off to deal with this life or death thing"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 03: Trial's End, Al-Korinth, and Z

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:24 am

"I-I... Kolson, thank you. I really should have gotten you something in exchange."

As the party reaches the outskirts of Al-Korinth, stretches and yawns audibly. The trek hadn't been long, but it was too hasty to be comfortable, and the exhaustion was catching up. "I can't wait to sleep in a proper bed!"

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:19 am

*Kolson does something awesome.*

"Uh... oh, thanks, man. Yeah, i'm gonna be rocking this for sure. So how did your trial go?"
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:33 am

[quote="Kolson Wezrae"]When everyone is back together, Kolson walks up to each party member and begins handing out gifts and making conversation. He's extremely curious about their experiences at the Spacial Temple.

Gwydo:

Not wanting to appear rude, Gwydo graciously accepts the fine gift. "Thank you Kolson, that is very generous of you. I however did not participate in the trials. Being a paladin of Life, I felt it would be......... inappropriate to engage in the practices of another temple. However, if we ever stop by the Temple of Life I will absolutely be looking into any potential 'trial' they may have" he ends smiling.

"I will keep this in my pack" he says. "If I trade up my shield, I wouldn't want to have to try and remove it."

Then loudly enough for the gathered group to hear, "The downside of adventuring, always getting new gear!" He laughs and pats Kolson on the back as he moved on to the next member of the party.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:34 pm

Kolson Wezrae wrote:"Here Rory, I had this shirt made for you. I hope you like it." He hands you a shirt in your size that says "FREE STARES".
Rory raises an eyebrow at the phrase printed on the shirt in his hand. "Um...thanks..." He smiles weakly, unsure of how else to respond, and continues on, feeling a bit awkward for a moment. His expression returns to one of pondering.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:08 pm

They finally arrived at their destination. The other member of their adjunct was supposed to be waiting for them in this town. But Zeiss couldn't contact the Executor and ask him where they should go since Higaide had taken the piece of copper from him.

"Hey Higs. We should ask the Executor where the other member of our adjunct is waiting for us."

Zeiss liked the horse he bought at the Spatial Temple, he didn't have to walk anymore and he could stock his items in the sacks, like the shirt Kolson had given him. The only thing he thought about saying at that moment was a short "Huh... thanks" and nothing else. It seemed like Kolson wanted to please everyone, which Zeiss could understand while feeling awkward about it. And he didn't forget the amulet the mage weaved for him for free.

To be indebted to someone brought only discomfort to Zeiss.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:05 pm

*He holds the coin again. How to go about this...*

"This is the 113th, now en-route to Al-Korinth. Executor, do you read?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:27 pm

"Hi Snarg, how did your trial go? I got you a gift back at the temple. I hope you like it." He hands you a T-shirt that reads "SNARG of WILDPAW" and "Ask me how". It has a portrait of Snarg with the first sentence over the top of the picture and the second along the bottom.

"Eh, I ain't thinkin' that temple's all it's crackin' up to be." Snarg says as he takes the shirt and unravels it. He stares at it for a few seconds, cocking his head back and forth several times. "I ain't understandin'."

He turns to Zeiss: "Now ya be wantin' to be tellin' s 'bout what we be doin'? Maybe ya gettin' a priv'te-type room, eh?"
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:44 pm

After a few moments a voice comes over the coin. "Executor Gremlock here."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:59 pm

Snarg just asked him what they were supposed to do next.

"I just told Higaide that we needed to find the other member of our adjunct. He or she knows what we must do."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:37 pm

"Requesting update on rendezvous with contact in Al-Korinth. Over."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:40 pm

There is another pause. "Over? What's over?" You hear a sound like someone scratching his beard. "Whatever. Your contact is going to be at the Drowned Rat Inn, if they aren't there now they will be soon. Oh and, before you ask, I still haven't gotten word back about your island, I'll let you know when I do."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:56 pm

"(He doesn't know? Whatever.)"

"Got it. Higaide out."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:22 pm

*He keeps the coin close for a few more seconds, in case it's rude to just hang up or something. But it seems offline now.*

"You all heard that, right?"

*Gives the coin one last look.*

"(Better watch what i say around this thing.)"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:50 pm

*Kezrin thanks the elf, uncertain why she is worthy of such a gift. She stores it in her pack, and prepares to journey with the group.*
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:03 pm

"when we get to the inn ied like to have a little look at the coin something like that may be useful if it can be replicated?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:16 pm

"Hmm... doubt we can just recreate this thing. Besides, if it were easy, they'd have probably just issued us one each."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Tabran Cole wrote:@kolson

Tab looks at you with a bemused look on his face

Spoiler:

"i...i dont know what to say, no one has ever bought me a gift before."

before you get time to respond he leaps forward and hugs you, tab steps back and looks a little sad and shy at the same time.

"i didn't think to get you or the other guys anything"

"Hey, don't worry about it. That's what friends are for. It wouldn't be much of a gift if I expected anything in return." He pats you on the back in a friendly manner.

Sethos wrote:At the bottom Sethos takes his present from Kolson, his eyes light up as he gazes on his new pipe.
"Where did you get this? Why did you get this?" Then instead of waiting for an answer he abruptly embraces Kolson in a hug and thanks him profusely.

Laughing Kolson replies, "You're welcome, Seth. I'm glad you love you it!"

Hanuel and Dara wrote:"I-I... Kolson, thank you. I really should have gotten you something in exchange."

Smiling, Kolson replies, "Don't worry about it. You can get me something next time."

Higaide wrote:"Uh... oh, thanks, man. Yeah, i'm gonna be rocking this for sure. So how did your trial go?"

It was pretty interesting. I was an older elf living in Holtburg. My sister had gotten a grant to study the elements from HU and my business was going well. We had just opened up a second location you see.

As I was walking to work I came upon an argument between a High Elf and a gnome. I didn't much care for the scene they were making so I decided to investigate. It turned out that the gnome was a renter and was angry that the High Elf couldn't pay up.

I diffused the situation by talking them into coffee and sandwiches. There I found out that the High Elf and his wife were trying to run a coat making business out of the basement of the gnome's tenement.

We then went and took a look at it. The place was a dump and it was obvious from my interactions with the little monster that the gnome was a greedy, petty, shortsighted, slum lord only interested in the bottom line.

I also found out that their business was being destroyed by crushing debt and imperfect tools. I really wanted to help these folks so I offered to take on their debt, move them to a better location, and acquire for them the tools they would need to be successful. In exchange I would be their silent partner and offer them generous repayment options on repaying their debt.

It was an amazing experience and made me realize a few things about what I believe in and why I do what I do.

*It's obvious that the experience touched Kolson deeply.*

Gwydo wrote:Not wanting to appear rude, Gwydo graciously accepts the fine gift. "Thank you Kolson, that is very generous of you. I however did not participate in the trials. Being a paladin of Life, I felt it would be......... inappropriate to engage in the practices of another temple. However, if we ever stop by the Temple of Life I will absolutely be looking into any potential 'trial' they may have" he ends smiling.

"I will keep this in my pack" he says. "If I trade up my shield, I wouldn't want to have to try and remove it."

Then loudly enough for the gathered group to hear, "The downside of adventuring, always getting new gear!" He laughs and pats Kolson on the back as he moved on to the next member of the party.

"I understand. I hope we get a chance to visit all of the Temples. Then we can fill in the rest of the decals."

Rory wrote:Rory raises an eyebrow at the phrase printed on the shirt in his hand. "Um...thanks..." He smiles weakly, unsure of how else to respond, and continues on, feeling a bit awkward for a moment. His expression returns to one of pondering.

Kolson shrugs. Rory obviously didn't understand what he was trying to say, but what can you do? Perhaps Rory would ask him about it later.

Zeiss wrote:Zeiss liked the horse he bought at the Spatial Temple, he didn't have to walk anymore and he could stock his items in the sacks, like the shirt Kolson had given him. The only thing he thought about saying at that moment was a short "Huh... thanks" and nothing else. It seemed like Kolson wanted to please everyone, which Zeiss could understand while feeling awkward about it. And he didn't forget the amulet the mage weaved for him for free.

To be indebted to someone brought only discomfort to Zeiss.

"You're welcome!" Kolson smiles at Zeiss. Oh well, perhaps the man would open up some more someday.

Snarg of Wildpaw wrote:"Eh, I ain't thinkin' that temple's all it's crackin' up to be." Snarg says as he takes the shirt and unravels it. He stares at it for a few seconds, cocking his head back and forth several times. "I ain't understandin'."

"I'm sorry to hear that, Snarg. What exactly happened if you don't mind sharing?

As for the shirt, it is an icebreaker my friend. You are a wise and awesome guy and people don't always see that. Perhaps when they see this shirt they'll laugh and ask you about it. Then the next thing you know, you'll have some new friends. It won't change how you're people are viewed overnight, but it is a start."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:05 pm

After talking to the Executor, they went to the Inn he mentioned.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:56 pm

As you enter the Drowned Rat, you notice it is one of the more frequented inns and bars you've seen so far. The place is packed. When you enter a bit longer you hear a quiet, severe voice calling out to you and notice a small figure shrouded in entirely black standing off to the side, holding neither food nor drink. The thought crosses your mind that they must be sweltering under that cloak in this heat. In fact the closer you draw to the figure the more uncomfortable you feel, just looking at them makes you feel the heat all that much more.

“You’re late. Follow me.”

Taken aback you and several of your party members halt and turn toward the voice quizzically. You notice that not only is the figure wearing a black cloak, but they are also clothed completely from head to toe in thick black cloth. You are able to tell that the figure is either female or a male youth, but the figure’s face is hidden in the shade of the cowl.

“Yes YOU.” The figure turns to the rest of the group. “All of you. Such a varied group, heavily armed and armored, who else would I assume you to be? We have work to do; come on.” The figure turns and marches directly out of the inn and out to town without looking to see if you have followed. When they reach the edge of the oasis within which the town of Al-Korinth resides they makes an abrupt turn to the North. Turning back.

“I’ve made camp. Follow me if you don’t want to eat your dinner cold.”
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:59 pm

*Follows.*
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Rory simply followed the shrouded figure. If he was irritated, it was understandable. They were indeed late, and from the way Crilfu and the "Executor" talked, every tangent and side trip must have a cost to it. Whatever the reason, he would learn why during the briefing, which would come if he was patient.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:05 pm

Brusk and to the point. Not a good start as far as Kolson is concerned but his curiosity was peaked so he followed along without comment. His ears perked up at the mention of food though.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:09 pm

tab follows but with all they have been thou lately he is keeping a watchful eye

Spoiler:
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:13 pm

As Gwydo was boarding the horses, he sees the group heading out after a dark figure. "So much for a bed and a hot meal" he says to himself as he reattached the wagon and followed the group out of town.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next