Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Adventure 02: The Metropolis of Holtburg

+10
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Snarg of Wildpaw
Kolson
Ashakel
Rory
Zeiss
Gwydo
K
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
14 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Sixth Adventure 02: The Metropolis of Holtburg - Page 8 Empty Re: Sixth Adventure 02: The Metropolis of Holtburg

Post by Zeiss Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:27 am

Fedwaith smiles at the young woman.

"No, thank you. I am sorry, I was supposed to meet someone here and it looks like I missed him."

He gives the woman a piece of gold.

"For your trouble."

He goes back to his inn, to his room specifically.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Sixth Adventure 02: The Metropolis of Holtburg - Page 8 Empty Re: Sixth Adventure 02: The Metropolis of Holtburg

Post by Archengeia Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:30 am

Zeiss:
You make it back to your room without incident.

Last edited by Archengeia on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:30 am

Ashakel cackles almost maniacally:"Ohoh my friend, 400g, I see you've been living the quality life here in the city, eh...? Tell ya what..." The troll scours through his backpack, and pulls out a shiny black pearl. "Would you accept this?"
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:33 am

Ashakel (Zansoa) wrote:Ashakel cackles almost maniacally:"Ohoh my friend, 400g, I see you've been living the quality life here in the city, eh...? Tell ya what..." The troll scours through his backpack, and pulls out a shiny black pearl. "Would you accept this?"
The Dwarf frowns a bit. "I'm... well no I'm afraid not. I mean, I'm not trying to swindle ye, I don't even know how to... I mean I wouldn't know how to if I was, which I'm not so," he pauses and frowns. "Aight listen, straight up with ye, I'm behind on my school fees. If I don't get 'em paid in a week it won't matter what ye offer me. Maybe I can help you out some other way, teach ye somethin' else? Surely there's somethin' I can do."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:36 am

'Kort' throws his hands up in surprise as the sword points at him. "Easy, easy! I went in through the servant's entrance if you're that curious! I'm not trying to cause any trouble, I'm just heading to outpost fifty-eight. If you want to accompany me there you're more than welcome."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:38 am

Snarg:
The soldier glares at you, clearly suspicious, but lowers his sword. "Next time be more careful. And if I see you around here again..." he lets the sentence trail off as he returns to his post.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:38 am

Pfft, students. "Alright, how's this. I give you 100g and the pearl now, another hundred at the end of the first week, and rest at end of the second. I'm a slow learner", the troll added.
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:41 am

Ashakel (Zansoa) wrote:Pfft, students. "Alright, how's this. I give you 100g and the pearl now, another hundred at the end of the first week, and rest at end of the second. I'm a slow learner", the troll added.
The Dwarf fidgets, considering. "I... uhm... hm." He frowns. "I'll... let you know tonight okay? I'll have to ask the dean if he can accept a delayed payment."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:42 am

Watching the guard return to his post, 'Kort' turns around and merges in to the crowd, heading away from the chambers.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:43 am

Snarg:
As you recall from earlier, and have overheard more than once, the lockdown means no getting in or out. You will have to sneak your way out, run the blockade, or fight. There will be no talking through those guards.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:44 am

"Alright, that's fine. I'll be back in the evening."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:47 am

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:47 am

Once in his room, Fedwaith takes another papyrus and writes on it. He leaves it on the table and goes back to Hanuel's room.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:53 am

Snarg:
It is a very close call, more than once. You are almost spotted, twice, and nearly fall off the fence and you try to leap over it, so concentrated were you on not being seen. You do nonetheless make it back outside the District, having burnt 3 AP to do so.

Zeiss:
Hanuel is massaging their forehead as your Eevee and Dara are chasing each other around the room exuberantly. "How'd it go?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:00 am

Fedwaith closes the door behind him.

"Only Zeiss, Hanuel, Kolson, Kez, Rory and Higaide are wanted as criminals of war. I saw the posters. And I was followed by an elf. Male. It was really difficult to spot him, but I did. I arranged a meeting in a restaurant with him and he came under the disguise of a waiter. He tried to ask me personal question, to probe me certainly. Then he left."

He calls Eevee to him.

"He must be the same elf that was following us at Al-Jalima. And he doesn't want us arrested."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:06 am

Returning to the inn, Snarg strides up to his room and closes the door behind him before completely losing his composure. Sinking down the side of the door, he lets out several stuttering whines as he buries his face in his right hand. "That's ... the last time I do something like that for a long time," he whimpers to Zipar, "at least I did learn something. Help me write a letter later on? For now, let's rest ... rest." He pats Zipar on the head and closes his eyes, leaning back fully against the door.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:14 am

Ashakel went back to the inn to catch up with others, waiting until evening to revisit the dwarf.
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:26 am

so after spending 3 and a half hours looking at inn's Tab finally finds an

after spending only an hour looking for Z's inn he finds one that has a person that matches the description of his ""friend"" and the innkeep lets him go up to the room.

Tab knocks at the door
"Mardant it is i your childhood friend im so glade i was able to fi......."

the door is opened by an Elf that looks kind of like Z but this one is clearly a female.

"humm i think i have the wrong room? sorry for bothering you."

Tab leaves and carry's on looking 2 and a half hours after finding the Z look-alike Tab gets to the Three Blooming Buds and describes is old ""friend"" and the innkeep informs him of the room and lets im up.

tab says under his breath
"heck there couldn't be a third person that looks like him right"

Tab knocks at the door
"Mardant it is i your childhood friend im so glade i was able to fine you in a city this large with so many dammed inn's"

Spoiler:

Last edited by Tabran Cole (Azerk) on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:32 am

*Mardant enters the inn several hours after he had departed. He drops by the desk to see if anyone had been here asking after him and is informed that his "childhood friend" is waiting for him. He sneaks up the stairs gathering magic in his palm. Sumomo appearing to enjoy the new 'game' floats silently behind him sticking close to the wall. Upon reaching the top of the steps he prepares to go around the corner to his room when he hears a familar voice calling:

Tabran Cole (Azerk) wrote:"Mardant it is i your childhood friend im so glade i was able to fine you in a city this large with so many dammed inn's"

*He straightens letting the magic die out.*

"Azrek? Azrek is that you?!?"
Z
Z

Character sheet
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:44 am

"It is I, It is so good to see you again!"

tab run's up to Z and gives him a big flowery hugs him.

*whisper*
"sorry for the show we may been watched"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:06 am

Tabran Cole (Azerk) wrote:"It is i it is so good to see you again"

*tab run's up to Z and hugs him*

*whisper*
"sorry for the show we may been watched"

*Mardant visibly stiffens at the physical contact, but manages to pass it off as an awkward reunion.*

"Azerk, by the eight, its been years. Where have you been?!"

*He awkwardly pats the wolf on the back before placing both hands on his shoulders and forcibly pushing him away to "look at him at arms length"*

"You look good. I take it your travels have treated you well?"

*He turns and opens the door, motioning for Sumomo and Azerk to go ahead of him. After entering the room and locking the door he picks up the thin metal strip he'd left in the door frame, and noticing that someone had been in the room though they had obviously attempted to hid their tracks he turns to Tabran.*

"I'm moving rooms come with me."

*The two go downstairs where 'mardant' speaks with the clerk.

"I'd like to like to move into a larger room, high floor with two beds, now if one is available. My friend here and I haven't seen each other in years. I'd like to spend the evening reminiscing. Of course this will involve many bottles of wine I'll be buying from the restaurant momentarily and a great many hours. And if this old sod is anything like he used to be, he'll be passed out in my bed before morning and I'd rather not sleep on the floor."

*At the last he gives Azerk a playful punch in the shoulder.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:22 am

tab looks bashful at Z's comments to the innkeeper "guilty as charged" Tab says with a smile on his face while he waits for the innkeeper to give them a key.
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:22 am

*The desk clerk is very accommodating. Providing us with a top floor room at the end of the corridor, with two twin sized beds on opposite sides of the room. One of three double beds still available we're told, in case this one doesn't suit our needs. He also offers us the Presidential Suite, at a significantly raised rate from the normal, but boasts that it offers two full bedrooms and a private bathroom. The only one in the hotel. Even though we decline he maintains his cheerful expression. He also offers to run down to the wine cellar and fetch the wine bottles himself bringing up a cart full of different selections and varying prices within short order. We pick out four different bottles and borrow two wine glasses and go up to the new room after changing out the keys from the old one. Again I inform the desk that I will be sleeping late and do not want cleaning or to be disturbed for any reason.*

*Upon entering the room and locking the door with the DND sign on it. Z turns to Tabran.*

"Of course we're being watched."

*Then somewhat sheepishly.*

"Sorry for missing the meet up. I had... things to do."
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:05 am

"its fine Mardant the others were late too, thou i was kind of worried that something may have happened that even you couldn't deal with.

that's part of why im here so you know were the rest of us are and so we know were you are.

Tanht ended up staying with a mite healer, half of us ended up staying at the Outgoing Journey *sigh* and Toilarin and Fier are staying at The Knighted Owl or so Fedwaith says.

as for us been watched i was kind of hoping that we hadn't attracted attentions yet, i was expecting us to get someone spotting us sooner or later and i was kind of hoping for later but i meant more presently, there was a Orc following me as i was searching inns for you and based on that think on the door some one was in your room?"

"you said you had things to do?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:19 am

"Mmmm yes. I had a few personal matters to attend to. Its been ages since I was in Holtburg. I think its likely that multiple of us are being tailed. We are after all wanted fugitives charged with starting a war. I'm sure many organizations are wondering what we are up to. Not to mention the Order's representatives. Do you know the healer where Tanht is staying?"
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next