Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Adventure 02: The Metropolis of Holtburg

+10
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Snarg of Wildpaw
Kolson
Ashakel
Rory
Zeiss
Gwydo
K
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
14 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Sixth Adventure 02: The Metropolis of Holtburg - Page 3 Empty Re: Sixth Adventure 02: The Metropolis of Holtburg

Post by Archengeia Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:55 am

Z (Mardant) wrote:*Mardant smiles kindly at the woman.*

"She's precious."

*Suddenly the tiny Mew snuggles up against Mardant's crossed arms rubbing its head under his hand. Mardant lets out a soft chuckle at its antics and resumes scratching it behind the ear.*

"It seems she's taken a liking to me. What is her name?"
"We don't really name them until they're adopted or have been adopted, so... whatever she goes for I suppose." There's a pause. "She's only 110 gold if you want to take her home. Mews eat very little so they're very easy to take care of, but they're sensitive to their partners so you have to take good care of them."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Sixth Adventure 02: The Metropolis of Holtburg - Page 3 Empty Re: Sixth Adventure 02: The Metropolis of Holtburg

Post by Archengeia Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:56 am

Tabran Cole (Azerk) wrote:Tab will eat some dinner then retire to bed were he will bar his Door and check the window to see if it can be accessed from the outside.
It would be difficult, but not impossible, to open your window from the outside.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:57 am

Night swiftly falls upon the bustling city, though the lights and sounds keep going at all hours as always. The various groups of the party learn, at their respective inns, that they have a feature to 'block' light and sound out the windows to help people sleep better, should you choose to do so.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:57 am

*Still skritching the Mew with one hand he reaches in her bag and pulls out the 110 gold pieces with the other and wordlessly hands it to the lady. He turns to head out the door, but thinks better of it and says,*

"Does she have any special dietary needs I should be aware of?"
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:59 am

Z (Mardant) wrote:*Still skritching the Mew with one hand he reaches in her bag and pulls out the 110 gold pieces with the other and wordlessly hands it to the lady. He turns to head out the door, but thinks better of it and says,*

"Does she have any special dietary needs I should be aware of?"
"Mews prefer fruit and vegetables, but they are omnivores like all pokemon are, so no worries."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:09 am

*Mardant nods their head, and leaves. Before heading out to find a room for the night. After leaving the shop it appears to be quite late, the street lights are on, though the activity hasn't really died down any.*

Spoiler:
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:14 am

*After wandering for a while Mardant enters the Three Flowering Bud, pays the 5 gold for the night and heads upstairs with Mew purring contently in his arms.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:19 am

Shortly after renting the room, Hanuel sends Fierneceal to bed, taking first watch to make sure no one tries sneaking to steal anything. Once Fierneceal seems to be asleep, they take out the stone that sent out the projection of the warden, inspecting it and wondering if it had had time to recharge.

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:26 am

Unfortunately it seems that in the passing day the crystal has yet to recharge.

The rest of the night passes without incident. The morning comes whenever you'd like it to, though most of the inns require you to be up by 10 AM at the latest for cleaning and maintenance.

It is now February 12th.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:28 am

In the morning, Hanuel leaves the room and goes down to speak with the innkeeper. "Excuse me, I'd like to talk about perhaps striking a deal for an extended stay?"

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:29 am

After waking up, Fedwaith tries to meet the others who are in the same inn as him and discuss on how they should contact Baiden since the district he is in is closed.

Last edited by Fedwaith on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:33 am

*After getting settled into the room. Mardant heads downstairs and stops at the inns restaurant. Spotting a server busily running around preparing the restaurant for the day, he stops her.*

"Pardon my intrusion, but I got in very late last night and was unable to get dinner before I went to my room. I know you have not yet opened for the day, but perhaps you have some fresh fruit I could purchase to tide me over?"
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:37 am

Hanuel:
The Innkeeper isn't willing to barter a cheaper rate for extended stay, but will allow you to keep the room if you pay for each night.

Z:
"Oh uhm..." the Gnome things for a moment. "Certainly, one second!" They skip off and come back with a small bowl filled with grapes, honeydew, and raspberries.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:39 am

"My thanks, how much do I owe you?"
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:39 am

Tab will eat breakfast and leave for the Country Rider office
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:40 am

"Since Fierneceal is the only one who can contact Baigen, I will go talk to her to see if she knows a way to get into the Royal district."

He tells this to his colleagues who went to the dining hall to eat their breakfast. Then, he goes for Hanuel's and Fierneceal's inn, hoping they are still there.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:43 am

The Outgoing Journey
Waking up at about 6am, Rory heads to the dining hall and helps himself to a hearty breakfast of potatoes and fried fish. He pulls out a bottle of pumpkin mead for his beverage and gorges himself on food. He decides to stay with the group at the inn he is staying at, retreating in his room.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:44 am

Z:
"Oh no charge no charge," and they rush off, clearly in a hurry to get the breakfast ready. It's clear to you the thought of charging barely occurred to them in their rushed state.

Tabran:
Country Rider is, as you might imagine, rather busy at the moment and probably at all hours of the day as their Holtburg outlets are 24/7.

Hanuel:
As you return with some breakfast after having paid for another night's stay at the Knighted Owl you see Fierneceal has a bit of excitement in her eyes. She realizes, for the first time since it's come up, that Baigen, the Lycanthrope of the Lady Aerfalle, left her and Flux with a small item to let him know they were done with their mission. She can activate it at any time.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:47 am

"That's perfect. I'll bet one of the group in on their way to find us, likely Zei- er, Fedwaith. He's quick-witted. I'll let the innkeeper know to send them up." Hanuel leaves and heads back to the innkeeper. "Should an elf named Fedwaith come, asking for either Bellanai or myself, do send them up?"

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:49 am

Several hours pass as 'Fedwaith' spends his time laboriously checking each of the dozens of inns throughout the Commerce District until finally he hears rumors of a lady with a strange skin malady entering an inn called the Knighted Owl. Upon entering and asking, the innkeeper on duty notes that he's expected and guides him towards their room.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:50 am

Hanuel opens the door when the innkeeper knocks, and seeing Fedwaith, puts on a smile. "Ahhh Fedwaith, do come in. I've been expecting you!"

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:53 am

At the sound of the fairy's noise, Eevee, on Fedwaith's shoulder, looks at him with curiosity. Fedwaith says :

"Hi."

He waits for the innkeeper to leave.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:04 am

*Marant pulls out a gold coin and leaves it on a table.*

"For you as thanks."

*On their way back to the room they drop by the desk and pay in advance for another night, informing the clerk on duty that they do not wish to be disturbed and have no desire to have the room cleaned as they will be sleeping until late. When they return to their room they find Mew up and playing. She rushes over, rubbing against Mardant's shoulder, before spinning, turning somersaults in the air, and sniffing the bowl of fruit clearly curious. Mardant lets out a soft chuckle.*

Arch:

Last edited by Z (Mardant) on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:07 am

Hanuel thanks the innkeeper, and shuts the door, their first few lines a ruse until the innkeeper is well out of earshot. "Yes, well, I'd love to catch up, but I must introduce you to Bellanai, she's the one I was telling you about. Awful condition, and she's not one for company."

After getting a few drinks for the group, Hanuel's demeanor changes. "It seems we have a way of letting Baigen know we're in town." Hanuel speaks quieter than before, no false upbeatness behind their words.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:09 am

Fedwaith stands still. Eevee is looking around the room, making some "eeeeh... eeh!".

"I am listening."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next