Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 15th: Assault on Janwall

+8
Sethos
Rory
Z
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Snarg of Wildpaw
Kolson
Zeiss
Archengeia
12 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

February 15th: Assault on Janwall - Page 5 Empty Re: February 15th: Assault on Janwall

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 pm

"Do you have a map I can see? I can send out Dara to do some scouting while we plan."

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

February 15th: Assault on Janwall - Page 5 Empty Re: February 15th: Assault on Janwall

Post by Archengeia Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Kador, who has sidled over by Hanuel, nods and points at the table where the crudely-designed map is laid out. "This is what we've got. Doesn't go much past the outside of the town, but it's helped us keep track of where they hit from."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:23 pm

"also do you have any of the gear that the attackers had with them i may be able to learn something from it?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:26 pm

Zeiss looks out of a window.

"Is there any high point of view in town? We will need to spot that ship before it attacks."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 pm

Snarg hops over to the map. "I'd be willing to scout a bit if it'll help. Maybe we could find out what they're preparing. At the very least I could set up some traps and ambushes along the way. Let me see here..." He begins studying the map carefully.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Hanuel nods, and studies the map for a bit, before sending Dara out to scout the area, using the rooftops when able and making sure to dip back into mental connection range to keep information flowing. "I'll keep Dara to the land side, they're not much use on the sea I'm afraid."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 pm

"We piled the gear with the corpse pile when burnt. You're welcome to sift it if you really feel like it." She tosses her head, long hair swaying behind. "Not a lot of tall buildings here, but you can hop on any old roof. Maybe the Order outpost, they've got a bit of a bell tower thing going on. Not very stable though. I haven't gone up for, ah, obvious reasons." She clops her hooves again.

Snarg:
Unfortunately with such open terrain the only possible ambush spots are ones created magically, like the snipers with the Vanish spells you already encountered, or further into town, which they're trying to avoid to not have the town be destroyed. No one's seen the ship recently but at its last spotting it was bearing south, south east near the coast. The terrain nearby is flat, with short grass and hardly any trees; all the logging comes from the forest, which is several miles outside of town, to the north. There are about 12 spots on the map marked with red X's, showing where they've attacked before, which includes from the sea, north, west, south, northwest, southwest, and so on. There is no pattern you can discern.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:43 pm

"humm rummaging though burnt dead in the hope of finding something that may not even work ill pass shame we might of been able to learn something about them to help prep for the attack."
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:49 pm

Snarg winces a bit. "Oooof, at least we'll be able to see them coming and bombard them. I don't see any ambush points here at all unless we create something quick. It looks like we'll have our work cut out for us since they could attack from anywhere or even everywhere at once if they've got enough people." He looks up at the locals. "Do you have enough people to actually make a good perimeter or is it really spread out right now? Saving the whole town would be good, but if it's a paper-thin line, it won't do anyone much good if they just bust through it."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 pm

At this Kador speaks up. "Like the boss said, we're traders, not fighters. Javan's been helping us with the western front almost by himself, but all we have are people with bows and crossbows, and not all of them are even trained in their use. The best we can do is have spotters out, hope we see 'em coming."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 pm

He turns to Hanuel.

"Maybe it is time we call for the Warden. If that thing is ready."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:55 pm

"If we know where they're coming from, our group can split off in teams and take them head-on. I don't want to risk your people any more than we have to."

Hanuel takes out the stone, seeing if they can tell if it's charged.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:58 pm

"im more worried about that ship than any ground force they may have."
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:59 pm

"I agree with Han. If we spot them on time, we might be able to counter-push them."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:03 pm

Zeiss gives Caladrius a spyglass.

"What... do you want me to do with this?

-Alert us when the assassins come back" answers Zeiss. "Hanuel, give him a flare. I will go see if there is anything useful in the warehouses."

Zeiss leaves the room.

Last edited by Zeiss on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:05 pm

Snarg ponders silently for a moment, his fur visibly beginning to raise. "Why, once again, are in the middle of something that could incite a war?" He is beginning to become very excited, waving his arms around and raising his voice." Aluvian military nowhere to be found ... where ARE they anyway? An entire town cut off, military alertness on high, and there's nothing out of even Holtburg? They were," He stops his excited motions and furrows his brow, "tied up in session ... this whole time. They're going to be moving very quickly, you're right."

"Traders or not, I'm sure these people know how to fight for their home. However, have you considered any kind of retreat? I know it costs ... much ... to lose your home, but it may not be worth the lives unless they're absolutely willing to stay."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:09 pm

Before Caladrius leaves, Rory grabs him by the shoulder. "You don't have to light the flare. Ring the bell."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:11 pm

Ashakel started checking his gear. His new weapon still felt a bit strange in his hands, but he was starting to like it. "Bob, I suggest you stay here if we head out. It's probably for the best. Still, if it comes to fighting... Have this." Ashakel gave Bob the longsword he received as a gift for his birthday.
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:40 pm

"Do you know what kind of weapons the ship has? Have they attacked with it directly at all?"

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:46 pm

Snarg clasps his hands togather. "If you're not willing to retreat, I'll do some scouting and hopefully see what's being prepped. In combat I'd be best with the archers until they get close, then I'll join the melee fray. Not that I'm expecting a straight charge across an open field I guess, but here's to hoping. If those with military experience have got other plans, let me know where you need me."

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:59 pm

"snarg i will come scouting with you we can watch each others backs"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:03 am

"They've been in session this entire time?" There is a growing anger in Trenaran's voice as she actively slams both front hooves into the ground. "No... wonder! We've been waiting for some kind of official response for days! UGH!" She snarls.
Kador, who has siddled up closer to Hanuel, shakes his head. "The only person who saw the ship just said they saw cannons on it. I'm guessing they're not magical cuz, hey, if they were, we'd be dead. THOSE things are precise enough that they could just take us all out from the shore."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 am

After fiddling a bit with the partizan, Ashakel had a thought. He approached Javan: "I think this weapon might be a bit more to your liking than mine. Here.", said Ashakel givin the partizan to the fairy.
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:08 am

Hanuel nudges Kador teasingly before speaking up. "If that's the case, we might have a chance. If we can get a group on that boat next time it shows up, we might be able to take it."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:19 am

Javan slowly approaches Ashakel, his eyes locked into the spear the troll has in his possession.

"Say, Ashakel, my friend... I couldn't help but notice that I have a weapon that's juuuust you... Give me a second.", said the fairy with a light tone in his voice, and produces a very nice two-handed sword, "I received this big sword from a certain town's mayor for saving his daughter, just what you need! Take a look at it, how the blade shines... and it's heavy! Oh yes, here... feel the weight!"

Javan handed the two-handed sword to Ashakel with a satisfied smile all over his face as he can finally take a good look at the partisan.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next