Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

+2
K
Kolson
6 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by Kolson Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:18 am

No comment Rory, for story reasons. Suffice it to say, whatever damage you had going in plus whatever you have taken over the course of this adventure so far is what you have now.

Also announcement time. We will not be having a Star Wars session next Thursday. Zeiss won't be available and I'm not sure of my availability at this time.

If my schedule situation changes we can do something else instead like maybe that sci-fi western thing we talked about. Or maybe we can playtest another thing I'm working on. Anyway, we'll figure it out.

Also, I'm beat so I'll get the new RP threads up tomorrow.

I looked on from afar at those I idolized, wishing I could be one of them, those titans, grander than all creation.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by Rory Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:56 am

Sorry, K, I was paying attention to what was happening to me and also typing. I'm not very good at multitasking.

Through Darkness and Light

In the illusion Ominae and Vahrran found themselves caught up in, masquerading as Yoda and Micah Giiett respectively, Nejaa worked up the courage to firmly tell his classmate what-for. Unhindered, Ria and the rest continued their meditation. Several moments after reaching peak concentration, Ria began convulsing and screaming. Yoda and Giiett tried to bring her out of concentration, and their efforts were fruitless until they made physical contact and used the Force to take the student into the eye of the storm; visions of death, of masters and students, should any precognitive-able Force user dare ply the whirling gale with tentative grasp. As Giiett consoled her and tried to bring her out of her manic state with the power of the Force, Yoda attempted to dispel or otherwise break through the disturbance.

The illusion faded. Ominae and Vahrran morphed back into their original and only forms, much to the relief of the onlooking Dake, Korra, and Jim.  Ominae and Vahrran attained the knowledge and experience of the events they witnessed in the illusion, leaving Vahrran uncertain, and hesitant. Ominae, however, was certain that the events took place within the temple roughly 30 years ago.

In any event, a new path had opened up, and through a dark corridor they went, Ominae and Vahrran leading at the front. As they did, eventually all felt a familiar, warm presence behind them, in contrast to the dark and disturbing atmosphere threatening to crush them all throughout the temple. each felt their "version" of this presence move as they continued, unseen, but they welcomed it all the same in light of the circumstances. Not long after, a bright light ahead of them appeared, and from it a smiling woman--whom the group had come to identify as Ria--offering her hand, and the strange impulse to accept. The only one to resist was Vahrran, and this was not unlike him. As he advised the others not to take the woman's hand as they were doing so, they disappeared into the light with her, and the light faded, as did the comforting presence they each felt earlier.

Vahrran and Jim
The sense of time passed had eluded them as far as they had currently walked, so Vahrran had Jim break out a glow rod while he traveled the distance towards the light of the previous room until he judged that it and Jim's light were equidistant, counting as he went, and discovered they had been walking roughly 50 feet at a normal pace. As he returned to Jim, he discovered a darkness beyond which the glow rod would not penetrate. Following the most logical course of action, the two of them pressed on and entered the darkness.

Immediately following their bold endeavor, Jim and Vahrran found themselves on a hilly crater. Lava seared the landscape as it flowed in rivulets and slides, and noxious fumes fogged the atmosphere densely. Vahrran and Jim were still breathing and without difficulty, however. Deciding it would be best to avoid the lava until they were sure by happenstance that it could not kill them, they rounded the crater-hill for a way out, to "learn the rules" of this new illusion in order to complete it like some twisted game and escape. Hearing the sound of gunfire and loud voices, they neared a ledge and upon looking down noticed a group of stormtroopers and Aro Hanterim--damaged and showing his droid side--led by Moff Ian Cameron, fighting giant golems formed from lava, of which there were six.
http://burntlands.wdfiles.com/local--files/gadventure-journal/fireegolem.jpg

Rather than face the the creatures alone upon their deaths, Vahrran engaged the enemy from point blank range, taking out one while the others killed one and severely wounded another. One of the monsters bellowed, and cries answered from within the core of the scorched hillside. They managed to defeat a few more of the creatures by the time a particularly large one had risen straight up from the lava roughly a few feet from the left of Vahrran and Jim, who immediately focused their attack on the new threat. Their shots barely penetrated its rocky carapace, and it was then that they discovered they'd been shooting between the lava beasts' stone armor the entire time. Changing tactics as the beast focused on the group of stormtroopers and trundled over and upon them, our lone heroes focused on the beast itself while the Empire forces managed to defeat the other, "lesser" monsters, and managed to cripple the larger one somehow. Jim seized the moment to toss a grenade, toppling the giant. The stormtroopers, who had been attempting a retreat, came back with the turning tide of the skirmish and made sure the giant lava beast was dead.

Now, all enemies vanquished, the stormtroopers guarded Moff Cameron upon his approach to address the free agents who had come to the aid of his squad, or more likely, the remnants of his platoon.

Ominae, Dake, and Korra
Meanwhile, the rest had arrived in some sort of garden where the flora grew wildly, yet in an arrangement similar to that of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, and "Ria" had disappeared. Feeling quite peaceful, the group set about focusing on carefree activity. Dake went bug collecting, while Korra went strolling about hand in hand with Ominae, and Dake when he retired from picking at beetles. Ominae, however, was keeping his wits about him, and managed to persuade the others to enjoy the scenery with him in a specific direction. Eventually, they encountered an oddball scene; Stormtroopers led by Moff Ian Cameron, Bothan commandos, and Aro Hanterim(a bit damaged and showing his droid side), all gathered for some sort of picnic.

When is this illusion, in its different parts, taking place? How will our heroes, each in their different situations, deal with the presence of the Empire and its familiar authority? What is the detachment of Empire forces' mission or lack thereof, and to what end? To be decided, next time on...

STAR WARS: Dawn of Defiance
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:11 pm

I fear master Rory may be being slightly over-generous of my performance in the garden, but it's otherwise spot-on.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Bravo Rory. I find myself more and more looking forward to your summaries. You really have a knack for it.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:36 pm

Thank you, I'm proud of it and I enjoy writing them.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:32 pm

Yeah, thanks again Rory.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Just a quick update: I haven't really been in the mood to write lately which is why we aren't currently RPing in the forum. I can say I've been enjoying the break and I hope to start posting again on Monday. Thank you for your patience.

K, I did get part 2 of your thing but I'm still in the process of reading/thinking about it. Just thought you'd want to know. If I hadn't been out of it I would have told you sooner.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:28 pm

Thanks for the update. Cool
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:02 pm

Okay, so if you guys were on for something different, I'm sorry I couldn't be there for whatever you did. I handed my PC over to my guy, and I thought I could count getting it back when he told me he would. In retrospect it was poor timing on my part. Short summary: I learned a few lessons.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:48 am

Understood. Thanks, Kolson.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:35 pm

Yay, we are back in business. I see K already posted. Smile

I'll wait for Rory and Zeiss to respond before I move us along.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:33 pm

FYI: We will not be having a live session this week. I think the forum is the best format for this current section. We'll pick up live session again in a week or two.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:45 pm

I'm a bit busy today but I'll move us along either tonight or tomorrow.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:23 pm

How we coming on the Star Wars campaign? Thread action still the preferred method?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:54 pm

Only just now did i get to Vent. I was assuming we weren't gonna have a session, but forgot to make sure till just a few minutes ago. I hope i didn't leave anyone hanging.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:38 pm

Well, I didn't go on Ventrilo since I assumed we were going to continue on the forum for now. Kolson, or Rory, could have contacted me through Steam if there was indeed a session tonight. Doesn't seem like it was the case.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:11 pm

I'm sorry for the confusion guys. No, we are playing here on the forum for a bit more. If I hadn't been so tired we would likely be done by now but them's the breaks. I hope to have new posts up by tomorrow.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:25 pm

I thought that might've been it. A good game will keep me occupied.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:10 am

I was busier today than I thought I'd be so I'll move us forward tomorrow. Thank you for your continued patience. You guys have been giving me a lot lately and I do appreciate it.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:22 am

No problem. Cool
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:56 am

Smile
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:52 am

Thanks for talking. I was going to poke you, too.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:00 am

We're almost at 2 weeks of silence in pbp hell. Urrgh. I've been bitten, give me the cure.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:55 pm

I am still raring.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:53 pm

Heh, yeah. I've been busy and burned out lately and haven't been in the mood to write or play. Just to be clear, I love this game, you guys are great players, and we will start up again sometime in the future. I just don't know when that is yet.

Going Foward

After some dialogue and a confrontation on the part of K and Zeiss' party we'll be heading into the final act or two of Caamas. I have some really cool stuff planned and I want to do it justice. Unfortunately I can honestly say I'm in no shape to do so right now and I learned long ago you don't halfass the end of anything. We all know the dangers of that. <Kolson looks sidelong at Mass Effect 3>

So please continue to be patient. Or don't. It honestly won't force my hand either way. Patience is just more polite at this point. Wink
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next