Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 15th

4 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

May 15th      Empty May 15th

Post by Archengeia Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:40 pm

The next day rises and Higaide and Rory are both invited back to the recruitment area, where they are told by a chipper gentleman that there's already a mission lined up for them. Apparently between their 'resume' and their confidence (and rolls), they're being given a sort of interview in the form of a mission that's come up recently. He gives them some brief information on where to go and tells them to be at the location (it's a few miles north, but a transit is provided) by 11 AM sharp.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

May 15th      Empty Re: May 15th

Post by Rory Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:44 am

"I wanna buy some stuff. Arms, potions, and some other things that would be useful. Where do I go?"

GM, stuff I'm looking for
Weaponry: greatsword(preferred) or falchion, anywhere between steel and magma
Armor: chain shirt, pref. same material as current, or tougher
Potions: 2 Shillelagh
Misc: sacks and flasks, oil (for lantern), grappling hook, 3 caltrops.

I do not want to waste too much time looking for equipment before I head out that I become late. The order I will look for the rarer stuff is as follows:
potions
weapon
armor

I want to look for the potions first so that I know where they are, then look for better equipment while managing my personal schedule (don't want to be tardy). I presume I don't have to look hard for the miscellany.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:58 am

Higaide will go for some potions too. It's all he really needs, anyway.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:50 pm

Javan will use this opportunity to do awesome stuff like reading books and learning new things while hiding in the house, I guess.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:50 am

As it happens, none of those more adventurery or missiony things are sold in the town designed for people who don't work for a living. However, there is a mission hub city, a newly formed one dubbed Uictoria, has many things available for those going about Vyeotian business. The party is also informed that they don't deal in gold as, and I quote, "Why would they?"

Javan needs to 'roll' Stealth (which at this point is just a DEX Mod unless you have a special).
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:24 am

Higaide asks what DO they deal in.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:00 pm

Tabs, naturally, comes the reply. Further elaborating, Tabs are a form of composite matter that can be easily and swiftly deconstructed to form other goods or to power constructs. Thus they serve useful purpose in addition to being a medium of trade.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:14 pm

Higaide asks how do you earn tabs. Can you just work for them, like normal? Or is there more to it?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:43 pm

"Uh, okay. Well who makes these tabs? Can I trade in some of my gold for tabs?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:42 pm

The gentleman explains, with an air of patience, that Tabs are earned by doing work for the Humans in the nearby Human territories, or working directly for the Vyeotians in a more military standard. They have no use for gold, silver, or copper however, and will not accept it as a medium of trade.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:31 am

Can't get mah stuff. Rory is upset. With the same rough demeanor as I have been known to sport before discovering that I should not be like that all the time, I comment, "I see. And we're on our way to do just that at 11AM sharp. Fan-freaking-tastic. Excuse me."

I get ready to head out and be ready for the transit 15 minutes early. Instead of having breakfast from the food I got the day before, I get new foods from the market. Javan is not going to go hungry today. In fact, I just get more food to provide the both of us with decent meals for the week instead of half-meals, because I've decided not to care what others think.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:18 pm

Javan rolls a 11 + 4 DEX for stealth, hopefully enough.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:37 pm

Sadly Javan remains undetected as several helpful Humans come by carrying some baked goods and treats as a 'welcome to the neighborhood' gift for Rory and Higaide. They knock but Javan manages to avoid detection. They eventually leave the basket at the door.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:16 pm

Javan avoided the baked goods in fear to be found and decided to be extra careful when he goes back to reading them books. By the time he has finished building himself a cushion fort with whatever materials he had (may include books)... when he just... stares at the silly monument, that while looking very comfortable it has no place in this room... What is this pl--- Wait... what's this?

Matters not, for there's this fragrant smell of food he can't ignore... Not one to shy from food without a good reason, he approaches the front door and after confirming there's nobody looking, which confirms it is meant for him and takes the basket in a hurry and brings it inside to the kitchen counter... right? It's a counter inside a kitchen... uh... anyways, food! He starts to unload the contents of the basket into the counter and arrange everything neatly, sometimes re-arranging some items even thrice before feeling satisfied with what he sees.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:27 pm

The GM waits with baited breath.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:59 pm

Barring anything K wishes to say or do before we're late for our first mission, we get on the transit to time our arrival at the rendezvous at 11AM sharp.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:45 pm

What Rory said. We're pretty much locked down to do the mission now, since we can't buy anything.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:06 am

Hm. Let's say you head back before heading out and encounter Javan in his current state.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:14 am

Once he's inside, and the door is closed, Rory calls out, "Hey Javan, I got food--" and, when he notices the cushions missing from a nearby couch - ah, there they are, they are a fort now, what? - he adds, "what?"

He approaches the cushion fort to peer inside. "What?" He repeats, confused. "Javan...explain please?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:52 am

Truly, it's at times like these where stealth is the line separating the young from the elder. In fact, I only had a few moments to put all the food into the basket (a shame, for the presentation was just perfect!) and hide in the kitchen, making sure to outmaneuver the...

Uhm, what ARE those? I think I've seen those in... oh right, outside there's a bunch of--- DID IT JUST LOOK DIRECTLY AT M... false alarm, it's just confused by the comfortable-looking monument and looking around in bewilderment. It got me too, tall creature.

Now I just need to find a new escape route, as I do not know what they eat and this might be the end of m--- HOLY WINDS THEY FOUND ME.

----------

Either Higaide or Rory find a now frozen-in-their-tracks Javan staring back at them, previously trying to badly stealth around holding a basket with baked goodies like it's his most prized possession.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:09 am

"What are you doing?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:44 pm

"What are those!?"

OOC
I'm not sorry.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:22 pm

He clears his throat and getting slowly up with a certain flow to his movement, while looking at both in turns until he finally breaks out a smile.

"Ah yes, uh. See, the...", he points in a circling motion with his finger to the door while taking a good look at them, "... people outside left this basket full of baked goods at the door. I was just checking the contents when you surprised me so I made an attempt to hide them from... unauthorized consuming."

He then puts down the basket on the kitchen counter and moved away from it, motioning for them to approach and take a look inside, his movements more natural now that seemly he calmed down.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:02 am

Rory - a man who loves food - peers into the basket, and sifts through the contents. "Hmm. I'll definitely save room for dessert later. We'll need to find out who sent these, they're probably expecting a 'thank you'. Maybe they just want to welcome us, or maybe there's a handful of people who joined this community much earlier than the others who might get upset if we don't...'socialize'." He practically spits that word.

"And Javan, if anyone comes by with any gifts while we're gone, you'll have to leave them outside until one of us gets back. We can't give them a reason to think there's anyone who lives here besides the two of us, since you're not human. Especially when you look like that."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:18 am

Higaide's mood looks heavier now.
K
K