Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 15th

4 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

May 15th      - Page 3 Empty Re: May 15th

Post by K Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:06 pm

"Scion." - he explains -  "Big, powerful, megalomaniacal, liked to spout gibberish. Known as the Gold Lord; was the second in command of their whole society back in the day. Had an ability to de-weave people - yes, you heard me right, and tried to detonate the Ley Lines not too long ago. I don't know what's become of him. I thought the Vyeotians would know, if anyone did."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:44 pm

She frowns, faintly, and takes a few notes down. "Noted. Any other questions?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:29 pm

"No, i'm good."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:41 pm

[Sorry, but it's Rory's state of mind]

Rory finds a hope spot in the recognition of a Scion artifact, and throws a theory at the lady. "I heard that the elder Vyeotians defeated a rival or enemy before trying to leave the world somehow, but failed to do that. Who was their enemy? It was the scions, wasn't it?"

After we deal with that whole debacle: "Will equipment be provided, or do we get that ourselves?"

Diplomacy
I'm right, aren't I? Yeah, I'm super right. You may as well admit that I cracked the code.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:10 am

Jenna, who is glancing at her notes, responds askance. "I think I've heard of these 'cylons' before but don't recall anything, and I can't seem to find anything about them in my notes..." she trails off, muttering to herself for a bit. "Well, regardless, whom the Vyeotians defeated isn't information I'm privy to, so I couldn't answer your question either way. As for equipment," she seems to catch her stride again as she's once again discussing something she understands, "You will of course be paid in Tabs which can be redeemed for whatever goods or equipment you desire. Aside from your transportation, however, equipment will be up to you."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:13 pm

Right, the stupid Tabs. Rory huffs in disappointment. "No more questions."

Review of info
Goratin of Shadowtooth
Big vault, artifact hidden inside
Location, Thramada
Hotel rooms booked for a week (7 days to complete mission parameters)

Parameters
Case and break into vault
Steal Gaerlan coin
No casualties
Optional: obtain information about the coin
--> Optional-optional: empty the vault

Barbarian's preferred method: Gear up in town and "storm the castle"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:45 pm

OOC:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:33 pm

Figured there might be something else after we were done with questions, but okay. Rory and Higaide will return to their home to spill the beans to the crystalline fairy.

Rory opens the door for Higaide, steps inside, and shuts that sucker with some force. "We're back, Javan. So, good news, and some bad-good news. First, the bad-good news: they already know you're here."

"But! ...They don't care."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:04 am

Javan was sitting on the sofa now and going through a different book this time, the cushion fort now gone. Turning to face Rory after being startled by the barbarian's demonstration of door abuse, the aberration decided to react to his words instead, "Hm... Which means my actual situation never really changed, just what was perceived of it. Interesting."

Javan closes the book but keeps it at hand, "Alright, I'm afraid have more 'bad-bad' news, but please hear what I have to say until the end... Ahem. I seem to be missing a good portion of my memories... In fact, I've been playing it by ear for some time now."

"Luck being on my side, 'past me' kept a 'diary' of sorts. Cryptographed just enough to keep random people from reading it, but weak enough that it wasn't that hard to get the contents. The diary's contents were not meant as a safeguard against my current situation either, so I'm only roughly aware of what's going on but lack the details and the means or skillset to do anything about it."

"And while I do know who you are based on the diary, this feels... appropriate. Hello there, I am Javan Asher. And you gentlemen are?"
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:03 am

Stunned, Rory responds with "Wait, you mean this...erased your memory? I'm sorry..."

"I'm Rory. That's Higaide next to me. You've been with us since the beginning, Javan. How much...what do you remember?" He sits down on the sofa. "Tell me anything you can. Whatever you can think of."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:55 am

Javan was going to start talking to Rory about his situation but was immediately stopped by an idea that passed his mind. Instead he quickly takes out two books from the nearby pile and starts to furiously flip through them simultaneously until he's finally has both on the pages he needs, and then points at both of them at specific words, gesturing Rory and Higaide to read. When he's sure both of them got it, he moved his fingers to the next set of words, passing them these message: PROBABLE FOUL-PLAY TALK UNSAFE

That's when Javan starts to suddenly burst into laugh, "Oh my, your faces... that was great! Ah... Sorry, I didn't really believe you would fall for it. Amnesia! Ah, the oldest trick in the book."
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:48 am

It takes Rory a second to drink in Javan's paranoia, and to respond adequately to being "played for a fool". "It's not the oldest... whatever."

"So, the good news: you don't have to stay in here." Wait, did I just give both the good and bad news already? "We're going back to Thramada, which is apparently not far from here. We'll be recovering an artifact as a trial run to get hired, and you're okay to come along. Also, the Vyeotians seem to know exactly who we are. Which means we're okay for now, I hope?"

Rory will take a moment to outline the mission details in his journal (which hasn't been updated in quite some time).
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:13 pm

"I see... hm. Getting into a vault in order to remove a dangerous artifact shouldn't be a problem. But we are lacking some of the more important information. I suggest we continue this conversation once we arrive at our destination... In the meantime, I'll get my tools ready for departure."

And with that, Javan goes after his backpack, making sure he has everything he needs on him at all times.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:45 pm

Higaide's tools are his fists, so he's good to go.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:30 pm

By the time the party is ready to go their 'ride' has arrived. It is a small Airship of some sorts, not like any design you've seen thusfar;
May 15th      - Page 3 7016818
It's a little under a hundred feet long, not very tall but with some width to it. It has plenty of room for 10, and can fit more if needed. It lands neatly on any terrain, and has a docking bay door that opens up beneath it. Upon entering it seems almost sterile in its cleanliness, with a faint scent of ozone in the air, and generally very bright lights and sharp color contrasts of white and black. There is a 'cockpit' but there is also an autopilot option to simply select a destination.

Outside is a Sentinel who towers over the ship by several feet, who will answer any questions you have about your temporary vessel.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:03 pm

"How many of these things are there?" Rory asks, surprised for two reasons.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:22 am

The Sentinel shifts to face in Rory's direction. "This one was custom crafted for your needs, but we have many Airships of similar design, if that is what you are asking."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:05 am

Higaide really doesn't like how he's starting to like these people.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:45 pm

"Ah yes, the 'tabs'. Such incredible unit of currency AND resource of highest quality. It can keep it's monetary value somewhat stable because of it's night-unlimited usefulness. Am I right to assume that's how this marvel was built? With 'tabs'?"
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:59 pm

"That is correct, Elemental," the Sentinel replies. "Though we can in a pinch utilize any matter with appropriate power source to construct things, but it is terribly inefficient."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:22 am

Javan does pause for a moment as if lost in thought, "Amazing indeed. Say, could you go over the capabilities of this ship, if you don't mind? If it's not sentient, it is a tool and it wouldn't hurt to know how to use it."

Last edited by Essoje on Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:35 am

"What he said." Rory would love to know how this giant metal boat works!
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:50 am

The Sentinel spends some time telling you about things you have no context for and cannot even begin to understand. He goes on in this manner for some time before getting to something understandable, "The layered korvium armor is of the ablative design, which will of course mean you will have to be careful which shots you take, but also means even if the ship is hit from a nuclear blast you should survive it. Provided it's just the one hit, of course." He then starts going into some specifics of what you think are the physics involved before continuing on to something else recognizable. "The field-generation displacement array ensures that your velocity isn't really a difficulty, and will be able to get you to your destination in a fairly short period of time. The auto-pilot will recognize any destination on the continent for travel, and has a simple voice interface. You can also speak to it regarding the filament sensor net, nearby incidents, that sort of thing." He then rambles on a bit more, utilizing several words you don't even recognize.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:17 pm

Javan hastily takes notes with what Rory or Higaide can identify as the same notebook he's been using as a diary since a little before they left Holtburg. Even if he has no context for a lot of things right now, there are books back 'home'.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:18 pm

"Even if the ship is hit from a 'nuclear' blast"...Field-generation? Generating fields, fields of what? And an array that displaces them? A thing that senses filaments, what? No, no, back to the earlier thing. The way the word is used tells Rory that 'nuclear' is a term for a destructive force that is very strong. Like a kid whom large words and concepts are lost on, trying to keep up by recognizing and grasping vague understandings, he asks, "What's a 'nuclear blast'? Is that a Black Magic spell?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next