Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 15th

4 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

May 15th      - Page 2 Empty Re: May 15th

Post by Essoje Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:01 pm

He grins for a bit and just nod at tall human's words and then replies, "Ah sorry, the incredible smell got the best of me, but I'm pretty sure I didn't answer the door and won't be doing it in the future. I made the 'fortress of seclusion' for a reason... right? that must be it."

Then he turns to Higaide, a semblance of worry showing in his face, "Hey, you are not looking well there... something happened that you want to share?"
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:41 pm

Higaide shakes his head in frustration - "I just wish this was a little simpler. We got Vyeotian war machines inhabited by decent people, helping other decent people, who come to our doorstep and bring welcome gifts out of kindness."

He sighs.

"I miss the old days when we just had to kill some monster, and share the spoils with the town. I don't know how we can do our job here and keep all these sheep from losing whatever peace they found and go right back into misery."
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:09 pm

"Indeed. Shame if they bring something again and the flies get to it first, but that's the way."

Higaide
"I wish things were simple, too, Higs," Rory chimes. "Sadly, this world doesn't like to be simple.  Whatever the Vyeotians were like when we last ruffled their feathers, they seem different now."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:29 pm

"Yeah, but how different is that? I very much doubt all of a sudden they decided to be nice. And Jonathan back there, he barely even recognized me." - he recalls - "No, something screwed up is going on here, and sooner or later we'll have to choose between going along with it, and start breaking things. And i'm afraid of what'll happen then."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:14 pm

"Hey, we don't have to blow everything up, as fun as that sounds. Let's just give them a chance and see where this leads." He puts a hand on Higaide's shoulder. "Here's 'simple' for me: I don't know what I'm going to do when we finally meet the people in charge. I know what I want to do, but right now I also know we're going to protect these people no matter what."

He takes his hand away. "By the time we reach that point, maybe we'll have a say in the direction this shadow organization goes from there. Besides, how strong of a rapport did you build with Jonathan, anyway? You might just have one of those faces. In fact, we're all in disguise right now, remember?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:19 pm

Higaide shrugs - "Let's just go see what they want us to do and get it over with."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:27 pm

"Agreed. Javan...hold down the fort?"

Later, away from Javan, with Higaide: "You think he'll be okay? He doesn't seem like his usual self."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:36 pm

". . . . . . ." - he considers - "He's trapped in there and can't even let himself be seen by people. That's gotta mess with you. One more reason we can't afford to screw around."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:46 pm

"I can hear you two.", said him while he walks past them on his way to the bathroom while holding a book he found by the 'fort' and continued, "Thanks for the concern but I will survive in the end. So focus on what must be done, ok?"

For GM's eyes only:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:30 pm

I'm ready to go now.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:20 am

Same here
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:34 am

The trip to the meeting spot is uneventful. Transportation is offered on an odd cart of some sort, though no animals are pulling it so it must be a Woven type deal like they have in Aluvia or something similar. Regardless of method you have no real issues making it in time.

The meeting area is a different architectural feel to the township by quite a margin. Everything here is rather austere, efficient without an eye towards aesthetics. Most of the buildings are squat, metal affairs with windows here and there as well as a significant amount of lighting, so that even regardless of the sun's position it would be easy to see. The bright lights help contrast the stark lines of the streets and sharp edged rectangular buildings. There's a decent amount of people wandering to and from as well, though no one looks like they're just taking in the sights. Most move with that particular gait of someone in a hurry or on the way somewhere, a few clutching pieces of paper or otherwise. All are Human, of course, though a few Sentinels are visible. There are also several dozen unmanned cannons on the outer edges of the miniature city, all pointing outwards and interspersed evenly so as to cover each other's field of fire.

The two are directed towards one of the buildings with a label over it, "Elite Missions". Within is a middle-aged woman with auburn hair cropped short and a uniform of a type you don't recognize going over some paperwork with a few clearly-Adventurer-types in front of you. At a glance you can tell their equipment is inferior to yours, one of them still wielding a copper weapon. It only takes a minute for her to dismiss them and gesture for the two of you to approach.

She gives a professional smile. "Hello, my name's Jenna. I'm the Adjutant in charge of Elite Missions, as you may or may not already be aware. And you two are Rory and Higaide, formerly of Hlaalu, is that correct?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:12 pm

OOC: THE Jenna? From the group Higaide was in charge of?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:37 pm

...no, not that Jenna.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:56 pm

"Remotely; i've not been there in a long time. But yes." - Higaide offers - "What've you got for us, Jenna?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:22 pm

It occurs to Rory that he has ridden in one of these or seen one of these before, when they were zipping around Holtburg, hovering in the air as they moved lightning speed. He had never asked how these things work, so he does now. How is it powered? How does it stop and go as the driver wishes commands?

This "town" must be some sort of military outpost or something, as if it were one large work location with all these people making haste here and there with no thought towards anything besides their task and anything between points A and B. He stops someone to ask what this place is and what purpose it serves that everyone strives to keep regular.

Rory gives a defeated nod as Higaide answers. Clearly there is no point in hiding who they really are.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:23 pm

The gentleman driving the craft actually does not know. He's heard of the hovertrams in Aluvia, though never seen or ridden one personally. He thinks it's some fancy Woven thing, because it can't really go that far off the ground. Tethered maybe?

The town in question is referred to as Outreach Base. It is, as Rory surmised, a military outpost who's entire function is small scale operations; no army or corps resides here, but rather adventurers, spies, scouts, and other one to eight man groups who perform operations the larger bulk cannot. It is mentioned, as an aside, that this is how the Vyeotians prefer to operate in general; small elite units of vets instead of larger, more casualty-inclined groups.

Jenna nods curtly and hands over a small envelope of information but also gives you a brief overview. "There is a highly secure vault of some sort the rich Troll gentleman, Goratin of Shadowtooth, has thusfar kept hidden from prying eyes. Normally this would not be a major source of concern, not something warranting Elite dispatch. Maybe more pressure or time would allow us entry and knowledge of what resides within. But just two days ago a small artifact was observed on a routine scouting mission to be carried inside the vault." She points to one of the pictures in the folder, and both of you instantly recognize a Gaerlant coin. "We're not entirely certain as to the nature of the artifact, but all reports indicate it is highly dangerous and must be contained. We want you to get in, get it and any information you can, and get out. Minimal casualties is preferred, but at your discretion." She also gives you some other more boring information; the town in question is a ways south of here, the town of Thramada, just east of the Air Temple. The Vyeotians have already booked you three rooms at a nice suite in the city for the next week. "Oh," she adds, "and you are of course authorized to take the Fairy with you." She gives another polite smile. "Your ride should be ready inside of another hour or so." Her fingers interlace as she folds her hands. "Any questions or concerns?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:00 pm

Mihai is unfazed by yet another revelation of how small they are, and decides to just play it straight - "I thought this place..." - he corrects himself - "the Veyotians in general had a problem with non-Humans."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:11 pm

Jenna looks genuinely confused. "Why would you think that? The vast majority of Vyeotian agents are non-Human."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:21 pm

Agents - he specifies, evenly - "And of course they are, or they'd stand out too much. But as for actual civilians, i don't see much of a mixed community back there."

His tone is not hostile or accusatory, by the way.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:36 am

"Ah, you're referring to our aid program."  She nods.  "Yes we only offer free, no strings attached help to our own kind.  But we have no problem employing whomever, within reason of course."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:25 pm

Rory's eyes light up when he sees the coin. He cuts off Higaide's line of questioning when he finally speaks. "This 'artifact' is dangerous! It boggles my mind to think what purpose they could possibly serve! How does anyone else have these things? I thought we were the only ones to find them!"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:57 pm

Jenna turns to Rory, a look of quiet puzzlement on her face. "You've encountered these things before, have you?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:59 pm

Higaide sighs at showing their hand so soon, but in for a penny... - "Yeah, that's Gaerlan engraved on the face."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:33 am

The woman wrinkles her nose slightly. "Who is Gaerlan, exactly?"
Archengeia
Archengeia