Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd adventure: sightseeing and debrief

4 posters

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

2nd adventure: sightseeing and debrief - Page 21 Empty Re: 2nd adventure: sightseeing and debrief

Post by Rory Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:55 am

Facing Mihai, and instead of answering, Konrad folds his arms out in front of him and brings them up to touch each other vertically and parts them to the sides while waving the fingers about. A silly gesture, yet it seems strangely relevant...
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

2nd adventure: sightseeing and debrief - Page 21 Empty Re: 2nd adventure: sightseeing and debrief

Post by K Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:09 am

Mihai ignores Konrad to answer Steve - "Steve, if you're talking about the time on the boat, maybe you were just as focused on your own thing to pay attention. Just because i didn't join you for parties doesn't mean i wasn't looking out as much as i could. If that's not enough, maybe i'll be able to do better in time. Like maybe you can join me for learning this damn sign language. Anyone else?" - he looks at Breeze and Fedler.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:12 am

Fedler's intense gaze hasn't diminished, but when she sees Konrad do a silly gesture, her expression hardens. She listens to Mihai, and instantly replies, "Sure. Another day."

She then gets up, and walks out of the tavern, leaving her mug half-finished. Breeze looks at the redheaded hunter leave, clearly sad to see her go.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:24 am

Steve pointedly ignores Konrad too. "I'll do that. Maybe that's just what we-"

When Fedler walks out, he watches her go. "Damn it Konrad! You're such an asshole!" He'll look to Mihai, offering to go after her together if he wants with a head motion and the look in his eyes.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:25 am

Mihai shakes his head appreciatively, then gets up as he ruffles Breeze's hair with his finger - "You too, Facehugger." - and leaves to go after Fedler.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:28 am

Breeze's eyes cross Konrad's, and after a moment of hesitation, she goes after Mihai.

Fedler is walking down the street, towards an unknown destination.

Last edited by Zeiss on Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:28 am

"He's talking about you as you are all the time, the same as you've been for the whole three months we've known each other, Mihai."

When Fedler leaves, he rolls his eyes.

Kolson wrote:When Fedler walks out, he watches her go. "Damn it Konrad! You're such an asshole!" He'll look to Mihai, offering to go after her together if he wants with a head motion and the look in his eyes.
"Please, wasn't anything I did. She's just mad about something else."

After they've gone, he continues to drink, in fact he'll order a meal. "God, can you believe that guy?"

Last edited by Rory on Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:35 am

Mihai quickens his pace to catch up to her. He'll walk beside her enough for her to know he's there with her, but won't be able to say anything at first.

He notices Breeze following him, and quickly realizes his mistake - "Uh... Breeze? Sorry, i meant for learning the hands thing. Can you go back to Konrad? He shouldn't be left alone right now. We don't know if the connection is really gone."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:50 am

"Oh. Okay, I'll make sure meanie Snicker can't get to him."

The fairy goes back to the table to sit on it, crosses her arms, then gives a displeased look at Konrad.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:06 am

Konrad's order isn't ready, and he's none too pleased either. "Sent you back? Changed his mind? Why am I not surprised. I've known him all of three months, and in all that time I haven't learned much about him except from what I can deduce through observation: he's a hotheaded idiot with insecurities and a squeamish pride. And he's got all the social grace of a starving badger."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:59 am

"You literally just described yourself. You've been pushing everybody's buttons lately. Are you trying to get kicked out of our adjunct? Because that's where your heading. Why are you acting this way?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:26 pm

Konrad sucks in some air and exhales deeply before replying.

"I dunno know, Steve," he begins in an unctuous manner. "Perhaps I've been too quick to anger and impulsive lately. It might have something to do with Mihai's incredibly poor manners, and you know me, I can't stand poor manners. Might have something to do with the way Fedler always runs off when she's feeling emotional, which she and I will have a chat about later."

"But insecure, squeamish? Not really the words I'd use to describe my recent behavior, or overall, and I have more poise than the rest of you combined. What else do you think it could be, pal?" Although spoken with no less smarm, the question at the end appears to be more sincere than the rest of his thorough reply.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:52 am

"Perhaps? You've been a right cunt all day. First going after Zelk and now Mihai and Fedler. People are fed up with your bullshit. And it's everything all together. And because you never address the waves you make you leave everything to build up over time, so it turns into one big wad of I want to punch you in the face. As in literally. That is something I literally want to do right now. That's not a thing I do and I want to do it. That's because of you.

And then to top it all off, you have the audacity to go around acting like your the leader of this outfit when almost everyone is asking themselves at this point if they even like you or want to continue working with you at all. You have badly misread how far you can push us Konrad. And by the Elements you better fix it before you ruin us!
"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:02 am

He shakes his head. "Fix what? I really have no idea where this is all coming from! Everyone here has a penchant for feeling tension that isn't there!"

"Fedler has decided a few days ago that she doesn't like me, that's that summed up in a single sentence. Give someone the stink-eye for three days straight and you're likely to fire back as well. Unles you're a monk. I meant what I said about Mihai. Poor manners, short fuse, antisocial. All I did just now was call him out on it. You wanna jump through hoops he should have thrown up when we hadn't spent as much time with him as we have now, be my guest, but at this point we should have earned a little more than the spartan lines he's been feeding us. Besides, he already has such a warped view of me it's a wonder he hasn't taken a swing."

"But I'll tell you where my terrible mood started, with that whole screwed up situation with the demon, and Zelk. I was genuinely concerned about how we would look, Steve. And what does she do? She insults me right to my face by lumping me in with those son-of-a-guns I used to run with. What's the saying again? 'Once a thing, always a thing'? I expected stoicism to be more logical than that. She's clearly a bit unstable for such an aloof and composed individual."

Here's how it is:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:49 am

there's how it is:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:22 pm

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:15 pm

He leans down and pinches the bridge of his nose. "Look, I. Am. Sorry. This is all about that, just that. Not about Mihai's irritating behavior. Not about Fedler either. I'm sorry I snapped."

"She just blurted that out, and now I've got to make sure you all understand where I'm at right now. I have to smooth this over with Felder and Breeze. And you too, looks like."

In absence of his meal, having already taken a drink, and being in the presence of someone who doesn't like smoke, he is unsure of what to do with his hands.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:16 pm

Breeze is still sitting on the table, her arms crossed.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Konrad spares a glance toward her, feeling her chastising stare, as he braces against the tidal wave. And you too.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:56 pm

"Unfortunately that's not how things work Konrad. Zelk isn't in compartment A and Mihai isn't in compartment B. They are both people I care about and you are treating them like dirt for no reason. It's fine to be frustrated and to air your grievances, but you always take it too far. You always have to have the last word or make some snide comment. You always want to win. But what good is winning if you don't have any friends left? Please, apologize to them and make it right. If you want things to be right between us then do that and I promise they will be."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:31 pm

"I'm not treating anyone like dirt," he sighs. "But I don't want to burn bridges just because I'm feeling upset after goading your girlfriend into tossing my personal baggage out in the open."

"I am sorry I doubted your Zelk. By the time the general agreed to pay the Coins and was out the door, it was nothing to worry about."

"Did you see where they went?" He asks Breeze.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:38 pm

Breeze has kept a somber expression during this conversation, a stark contrast to how she usually behaves. "No, I didn't," she replies succinctly.

She doesn't display any anger or irritation - only self-composure.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:08 pm

"Well, nothing for it. All we can do is wait. You guys want anything?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:24 am

"No, I lost my appetite. I'm going to go find Zelk and see if I can't smooth some of this out. Before I go remember you don't get to decide how people feel about what you say and do. Think very carefully about your next actions and whether or not you can live with the consequences of treating people like dirt. Have a good rest of your day you two." He'll get up, pay, and mosey his way to the inn him and Zelk agreed to meet up at for the duration of the vacation.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:51 am

The red mage just looks straight ahead as Steve leaves. Did anything get mended just then, even a little?

"You can't control how people feel." He mulls those words over as he waits for his meal.

He picks up his fork to eat his open-face burger, first rearranging the toppings on it to look like a smiley-face. No. I suppose I can't.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next