Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

5 posters

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While! - Page 17 Empty Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

Post by K Mon May 01, 2017 10:58 pm

Carlos follows suit and goes with Kathryn.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While! - Page 17 Empty Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

Post by Rory Mon May 01, 2017 11:08 pm

"Oh, right. I'm right behind you."

As they head in side, he asks Allinandra, "So, you swore to be Eni's champion, in both our world and the Feywild?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon May 01, 2017 11:15 pm

"Awesome. Wish I could go with you guys. I'll check on the kids.

Liam says, "If you are doing that then I'll go too. I want to thank her on behalf of my Circle."

Jojo follows without a word.

In answer to Hunter's question Allinandra says,"In this world and in all the planes, yes."

The party makes their way to the entrance, which Liam opens for them. The party walks in and now making their way down the north hallway.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon May 01, 2017 11:19 pm

To Zoe, Carlos adds empathetically - "Ah, just gonna get that done with and out of the way. Won't be gone long."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon May 01, 2017 11:21 pm

"Right, of course. So, how are you going to do that? To be her champion, you have to go everywhere and declare it."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon May 01, 2017 11:48 pm

Zoe smiles. "That's sweet. She blows a kiss to Carlos as she continues down the hallway towards the bedrooms while the party turns into the grove.

"Sure. Once I'm done with this business with the Lamia I'm hitting the road. First I'm going to wander around the Vale because I've always wanted to see it and so I can find some allies. Then I'll become an adventurer." She's really gun-ho about the idea. She even makes a fist for emphasis.

You guys make your way to Eyton. Liam starts communing with the tree to get it to open the portal.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon May 01, 2017 11:50 pm

Carlos can't help but ask Allinandra - "¿What of the Druids, then?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue May 02, 2017 12:03 am

"Ah...yeah. That'll be an adventure for a lifetime. Er, a human lifetime. Leaving your home and all your druid powers behind...I guess you've had enough time to mull it over. I'm surprised, you're not what I expected members of your circle to be like." Dammit, I forgot about the power given behind the pact.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue May 02, 2017 12:20 am

"They'll figure it out I'm sure. I mean, I'll help but I'm not staying. They deserve a fresh start with new leadership and I'm tired of living the life my mother chose for me. I want to be my own woman." She scratches the back of her head. "I don't know how common I am in the Harken's Heart but we aren't all crazy woods warriors. We actually do try to help where we can. But there is no denying a lot of our members take a hard stance on others who would threaten our woods. I wish there was less fighting but we come from such different cultural point of views that I'm not sure that conflict will ever entirely go away."

Eyton opens the portal. Liam waves you guys through with a, "After you guys."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue May 02, 2017 12:23 am

Carlos nods to the master of the house, then steps through.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue May 02, 2017 12:23 am

"Ooh..." exclaims Kathryn, still amazed by this sight. She smiles, and steps through the portal without any hesitation.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue May 02, 2017 12:37 am

"A new leader could be a catalyst for the change the Harken's Heart circle desperately needs," he nods in agreement. He then steps through the portal.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue May 02, 2017 1:12 am

Jojo, Allinandra, and Liam enter the portal. You guys find yourselves back near the well. The giant moon still hangs in the sky and the night air is surprisingly warm. Eninahes is sitting on her marble seat looking very pleased. She has been joined by seven ghostly eladrin women, their dress identifying them as Eni's Ladies-in-Waiting. They stand in a respectful half circle behind Eni. Each of them is beautiful in their own way, some busty, some petite, a few with long hair, others with elaborate braids.

Allinandra takes the lead. Raising both her hands, she makes a drawing motion, pulling out the Sword of the White Well from some misty pocket dimension. The sword successfully in hand she goes down to one knee in homage to her patron. "You're unworthy Knight is returned, my Lady."

"I am most pleased that you are. Rise and take your place at my side."

Allinandra does so, standing to her right, and a little forward. She puts the sword away, sticking it back into the misty pocket dimension. Eni looks to Katheryn.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue May 02, 2017 1:31 am

With the eyes of a kid that has been invited to a reputable event, the white-haired girl is admiring the graceful appearance of the eladrin women that are now standing behind Eninahes. Once Allinandra joins her friend's side, Kathryn prepares herself for the next turn of event with a dumbstruck smile on her face. She doesn't immediately realize that Eninahes is looking directly at her, and it takes a moment before she understands that she is supposed to say something. She glances at her friends, then looks at the Lady again.

"Uh..." she begins awkwardly. After some hesitation, she raises her hand and timidly waves it at Eninahes. "Hi Eni! So, we did what you asked us to... and I'm not sure what I should be doing right now."

A little embarrassed, she scratches the back of her ear.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue May 02, 2017 9:12 am

A few of the ladies-in-waiting chuckle good naturedly. Eni herself covers her mouth and giggles. When she recovers herself she says, "That's okay Ser Katheryn. You did well. You all did well. Thank you so much for bringing back Allinandra alive. I shall reward you now.

At the signal the ladies-in-waiting come forward bearing gifts...

"For Carlos, I present this gift from my father's collection. This suit of adamantine armor was presented to him by the god Moradin for outstanding service in the defense of Celestia. Just as my father protected that astral dominion in its time of greatest need, so shall this armor protect you. I took the liberty of sizing it for you. Please use it with my blessing." The ladies-in-waiting bring the armor to Carlos piecemeal but the mastery of its work is undeniable. The dull, black star-metal has been polished to a masterful degree, improving the luster and lightening the whole to a lovely dark gray. It's the kind of armor worn by elite dwarven units, the stuff of great honor.

"For Hunter of Fallcrest, I reward you these Bracers of Archery, called The Seladrine's Protector. During the final battle of the Elfwar, at the Last Battle of the Spiral Tower, an elite force of archers held off and lured in the legions of the drow with help from these magic bracers. There, Ossandrya's Trap was sprung and the drow were driven from the Feywild completely. Though the archers died almost to a man, their sacrifice and skill are an example for us all." One of the ladies presents Hunter with the bracers. They carry the famous oak leaf design of eladrin-made arms and armor, the steel itself a golden-green hew, light and strong.

"For Jojo, I have this wand. Forged by the master artisans of Mithrendain, this wand has no great story, nor has it been carried by a famous mage. May you be the one to forge it's tale." The wand is presented by the tallest lady-in-waiting. It's a delicate piece of work, an ivory body carved from some large tusk, perhaps a walrus or the like, and topped by a green emerald. Jojo accepts it with a bow.

"For your friend Zoe, who cannot join us due to her current legal status, I award this hat. May it help her continue to spread her particular brand of humor. Please, give it to her when you see her next Ser Katheryn." The hat is presented to Kat by the shortest lady, who stands no more than 5 feet tall. The hat itself is made from green felt and made to sit at a fashionable angle when on the head. It's brim is small, no more than an inch and a half, and it's topped by a black feather of some kind.

"As a final gift for all of you, take these gray rain cloaks, forged from a rainy Feywild afternoon. While you wear them you will never get wet in the rain. But that is not their only feature. If you cast them upon the ground like so-" A lady-in-waiting casts a cloak upon the ground where it turns into a puddle of water. "-it will become a source of pure, potable rain water. Drinking the water in this way will shorten the cloak when it is turned back. But beware. If you drink all of the water, the cloak is destroyed completely. Use it well and wisely." The lady-in-waiting shows each of you how to cast the cloak and how to pick it up again so that it turns back. It's all about finding the corners and rolling your wrists...

With the gifts given, the ladies-in-waiting withdraw once more and Eni says, "Thank you for your help. I hope you find the gifts useful." The air has changed, things feel less formal now. Feel free to speak as you will.

Loot:

Last edited by Kolson on Tue May 02, 2017 7:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue May 02, 2017 9:53 am

"Uh... i..." - Carlos fumbles, now feeling guilty for the way he had just felt about all this pump and circumstance - "um... Thank you, m'Lady." - he finally manages, still overwhelmed.

Once all the gifts are handed out and the formality drops, Carlos pipes up again - "Um... i'm not sure what the protocol is for asking this." - then he points over, in a humble manner - "Could i please look into the well?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue May 02, 2017 1:42 pm

Hunter slips on the bracers, and marvels at how they feel snug against his wrists. He waits for Eninahes to finish her presentation, which she had clearly planned beforehand with her handmaidens.

With the cloak on, he says, "I swear I'll never drink a drop unless my life depends on it."

"And these bracers! You are the awesomest Archfey I have ever met."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue May 02, 2017 6:41 pm

Kathryn accepts the gift on Zoe's behalf and awkwardly bows to the ghostly lady. She then admires the softness of the fabric that the hat is made of, and starts to caress it with her hand. The ceremony keeps going however, and she returns her attention on Eninahes. She is momentarily confused as to why she wasn't given anything, but something soothes her, and her concerns quickly disappear. Instead, she follows up on Carlos' request. "Oh yes, please! I would really like to know what the well will tell about me!"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue May 02, 2017 6:46 pm

Carlos jerks as Kathryn reveals his intent. His first reaction seems to be annoyance, but quickly deflates with a sigh, and he just waits for Enihahes' permission.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue May 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Kathryn doesn't notice Carlos' exasperation. Instead, she looks at the eladrin woman with her eyes full of hope.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue May 02, 2017 10:00 pm

"I'm glad you like them, Hunter." Eni smiles, pleased that her gifts are going over so well. She's confused by Carlos' and Kat's request. "If you want to, I see no harm. What is it you are hoping to see?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue May 02, 2017 10:03 pm

"Me," replies Kathryn before she gently urges the dwarf towards the well. "Come on Carlos, take a look!"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue May 02, 2017 10:43 pm

"Uh yeah, need to see if i find her." - Carlos explains as he's gently dragged off by the oblivious one.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed May 03, 2017 1:22 am

When Carlos looks in the well at first he sees a reflection of himself and the surrounding area. Just before he can say it's not working is when the visions start.

1. The first vision is of an older Lily, maybe 17 or 18, in a library the likes of which you have never seen. She's filled out over the years, a fact her light green robe does nothing to hide. The shelves of the library stretch up beyond sight, filled to the brim with books, scrolls, stone carvings, and the like. The floor is marble and the table that Lily sits at is a fine oak. She sits next to a man in the vestments of Ioun, the goddess of knowledge. His brown eyes burn with intelligence and the set of his jaw is strong and determined. They are poring through several stacks of books and the like, piled haphazardly across the table. Every so often they'll point out a passage or the like to each other causing them to talk or laugh loudly. Finally an older cleric of Ioun comes to shh them. This makes them laugh all the harder before Lily's companion casts a spell, cutting off all sound and cutting off the librarian in mid tirade. They laugh some more.

2. The second vision is of Liam. He looks much as he does now but there's a look to his eyes that betrays the fact he is now an old man. He sits against Eyton, presiding over a gaggle of children, each dressed as an initiate of the Eyton Circle. He's leading them through a history lesson and the care and skill with which he navigates the teaching environment marks him as one of the good ones. As the students take turns repeating the oral history they must learn to an exacting degree Liam smiles. It's one of peace and contentment, of pride in his student's achievements.

3. A thirty-year old man in the light green robe of druid of the Circle of Etyon quietly pads down the King's Road. The sky is overcast and it's currently sprinkling. As the druid travels in the woods he tracks the orc raiding party, just as he has for the previous two days. When he finds the band, it is well into evening and the orcs have set up a camp. He changes shape into a tiger, and sets about methodically killing the orcs one by one. By the time the camp knows he is there the sentries are all dead and a good portion of the sleepers will never awaken again. The last few seek refuge in a tree, attempting to avoid the fate of their fellows. They are hit by lightning and flung to the ground smoking and broken. The last thing the lone survivor sees is the jaws of a great cat closing over it's throat.

The orcs dead, the lone druid tosses the camp until he finds a ring. Holding his wife's ring to his chest, Tom gives a great sob, falling to his knees as he pours out his grief to the open sky.

4. The fourth vision is of a stable, filled with four horses, three ponies, and one mule, which Carlos immediately recognizes as Hot Lips. The mule, for his part turns and looks at Carlos, staring at him even through the vision. He whinnies and twitches his ear in greeting. An old halfling gentleman, followed by what looks like his younger son bring in a wheelbarrow of feed, which they start forking out to the various steeds with two pitch forks. As they finish up Zoe enters the stable and greets the two halflings. They exchange friendly banter, the meeting of two parties that know each other reasonably well, before the two halflings make their way out of the stable. Zoe walks over to Hot Lips and pats him on the head and watches him eat for a while, talking to him at length. After a good ten minutes she hugs the mule and pulls an apple out of her pocket and sneaks it to the mule. Hot Lips happily eats it and Zoe leaves.

5. The final vision is different than the rest. It's of the night sky, specifically the constellation of the Thief, which Carlos either recognizes or intuitively knows, your choice. As he watches the stars making up the constellation turn blue, green and then red and, one by one, they begin falling to earth. What this means or why he is seeing it, Carlos has no idea. All he knows is that whenever he searches the night sky, from now on the Thief is gone.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed May 03, 2017 1:51 am

Carlos pulls away from the well, in bewilderment. His eyes wander toward Kat, but he breaks away before they land on her.

He fidgets a bit in frustration, wondering how to proceed, until he quietly approaches Enihahes and asks in a low voice, almost a whisper "My white-headed friend over there talked about how the well showed her who you'd end up hitched with, or something. She didn't get to see herself when she looked, so i thought i'd help her out, but not only were most people single or grieving loss, she didn't show up at all. Am i doing something wrong here?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next