Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Discussion

+14
Permeus (tabran)
Gwydo
Archengeia
Chatterbox
Sethos
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Snarg of Wildpaw
K
Zeiss
Kolson
Araiguna
Caladrius
Essoje
Admin
18 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

OOC Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: OOC Discussion

Post by Rory Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:01 pm

I think it's completely plausible that I went hunting for 4 hours before the Naverre military was ready to act, and remember, I added my 2 cents and left just after Zeiss and Higaide had their temporary fall-out.

Someone was sent with me to keep an eye on me in the meantime, which means they knew I was gone hunting. Following that logic they would have waited until I was done, or alternatively, tried to catch me if I strayed too far or ran away--which would basically make me a fugitive on the run.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Rory wrote:I think it's completely plausible that I went hunting for 4 hours before the Naverre military was ready to act, and remember, I added my 2 cents and left just after Zeiss and Higaide had their temporary fall-out.

Someone was sent with me to keep an eye on me in the meantime, which means they knew I was gone hunting. Following that logic they would have waited until I was done, or alternatively, tried to catch me if I strayed too far or ran away--which would basically make me a fugitive on the run.

That doesn't stop you from been a time lord Razz
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 am

So far, as of March 11th, 5am UTC, the following people have yet to vote in: Essoje, Araiguna, Caladrius, Gwydo and Sethos. Me too, if you don't count abstaining.

It's a tie with 4 to 4.

People voting "yes":
Tabran
Zeiss
Snarg
Hanuel

People voting "no":
Ashakel
Higaide
Kezrinthka
Kolson

Abstaining:
Rory
Sethos?

Sethos proposed that the group visit the Spacial temple like Hanuel wanted to before giving Crilfu a unified response.
Sethos wrote:Sethos stands up "I propose we ask the guild to wait for our response until after we've visited the spacial temple, because from what I've heard it's royally kick arse" Sethos then sits back down.

Gwydo, after coming back from discovering Kez had run off, asked if upon accepting Crilfu's offer whether the group would be obligated to take missions assigned to them regardless of their personal hangups about it, possibly wondering if party members would have moral conflict with tasks they are told to accomplish.
Gwydo wrote:Hearing the Olthoi running off he stands and watches her leave without ever looking back, Gwydo heads to the inn for breakfast.

"Kezrinthka is gone", he states sadly as he joins the group. "I believe it is unlikely she will be returning."
Catching up on the morning's business, his first thought on the idea of working for the order was simple: "Can we turn down jobs that we are given, or are we to be expected to complete a job regardless if we feel ready or morally against it?"
His voice is tired, his head is hanging low. You can tell he never slept last night, despite his injuries and fatigue.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:23 am

I voted for yes.

Also, I'll not be able to appear very often until the internet problem (3 weeks already! D:) gets solved, but I'll try to post as often as possible under the circumstances.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:14 am

I will be voting "yes." Will post tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:53 am

So here's how the votes are stacked:

People voting "yes":
Tabran
Zeiss
Snarg
Hanuel
Sethos
Gwydo
Javan

People voting "no":
Ashakel
Higaide
Kezrinthka
Kolson
Caladrius

Abstaining:
Rory

Araiguna has yet to vote in, but as it stands now, his vote won't change the majority. If he and I both voted "no", we'd be at a stalemate, but if Rory was forced to pick a side, he'd go with "yes" since Javan made a good point in his speech.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:49 am

Since I missed the "maze" with the barn/school areas, and Arch's description of the group rejoining didn't include me, I'm not sure if I'm with the group at this point.

If I am, I would like to try casting cure on the broken kid.

If I'm not, I'll scrawl a note on the wall next to where the portal was (assuming it's gone, hence I couldn't follow) "Gwydo -> Back to wagon" then go back to the wagon to wait. Assuming it will take some time for the group to return (if they return) it will probably be morning, and I'll try and prep breakfast for the group.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:16 am

Is there any way to get the wagon down to the beach?
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:46 pm

I've realized that I've acted rashly on more than the occasion of asking all three questions in the catacombs without discussing it.

Before Kez was kidnapped, I tried to intimidate the Troll lady without asking anybody if it was okay. I know Higs said "no", and I could have asked why it would have been a bad idea, maybe for some obvious reason I forgot.

There is also the instance afterward when I shouted out to sea bandits that we were affiliated with the organization that typically bills people to hunt them.

Thankfully we were able to salvage two of those mistakes without having to rewind time, but the problem with the choice I made in the catacombs wasn't a rare event, so I promise to be more communicative and tactful in the chat from here on out.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:18 pm

Also, I will be celebrating Easter with my family. At 12pm(CST) we will be driving to another town an hour away, eat stuff while the kids go on an egg hunt, and leaving at 8pm(or returning by 8pm) at the latest, but no guarantees.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:17 am

ok so we now have lots of chooses that the party can make and as were wanted a fair bit of limitations too.

there was talk of maybe trying to set up a new undermarket?

ive also been thinking since Zeiss said in chat that our mid term goal should be clearing our name's and i really don't think we can the people telling the lie are too trusted when compared to us so i don't think we should even try....yet, at the min i think it is more important to get contacts and for us to get people and groups to trust us and maybe even back us even it its not openly.

i have started trying to get people on our side, i sent a letter to Executor Gremlock in the hope that he is willing to try to help us (im hoping he was agained us been thrown to the wolfs or that he at lest has doubts that we did what we are charged with) i didn't say were we are and as far as i know there isn't a way to track us, we will helpfully hear something about that in the next day or two, now this will end with Tab meeting up with Gremlock or more likely a rep of his somewhere a good deal away from the group and may end up with Tab been taken prisoner or killed but it is a risk that will need to be taken, i would like Zeiss and or Z with me on this so they can watch over the meeting from a good point of view so if things go south the team will learn of it, but that wont be happening for a good while yet.

also when (if) we get into Holtberg i will be sending a second letter to the merchant that is also in the employ of my lord, he is the guy that takes the letters i was handed at my inn before i set out on this mission and is also the guy that i send my reports to now, he then take's or send's them to his main base of operations in Yaraq he also has a base in Rithwich he has a small airship that he uses for trade running. this guy is also one of the alt characters i will be making (thou he will lose his airship if that happens in some kind of attack)

other people that we may want to try and get in contact with the Ex mayor of Karath (i forget his name the one with the Desolate child)

Colonel Yayojin of Sandfury (thou i don't know how) the reason i say her is im guessing that she will know the story of us attacking her Fort is bull and she may be willing to at lest listen to us if nothing else.

if any of you have people in your back-story that may be willing to listen and maybe help then its worth a shot, and it you think of someone i missed we need all the help we can get.
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:53 am

im putting this here as i forgot about it before we split up (thou im sure that at lest some of our characters will have said something about it) we will need a meeting spot.

i say we have the local Country Rider office as our meeting spot.

i would also suggest that we stay split up for a while at lest a week and that we only meet up in small numbers say one from each group?
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:51 pm

I will be picking up my computer later tonight, after 9(CST). It may take a while, cuz the guy who worked on it is my cousin, and we're pretty tight.

The latest I'll be back on could be between 10-11(he wasn't very specific, said he'd be at his place "around 9"). I'm pretty stoked about getting it hooked back up, wires and such.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:12 am

Guy can more people post I feeling I'm hogging all the screen time Embarassed
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:43 am

I feel bad that I don't have anything useful to contribute right now.
I'll add a post about what I agree/disagree with though.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:19 pm

Not sure what the plan is for the morning of the 14th, but Gwydo's first order of business will be the withdrawal from the bank. I won't be up tonight to RP it, in case anything happens. I just wanted to make sure it was stated that this was my plan and next course of action.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

OOC Discussion - Page 8 Empty Janwall barge attack

Post by Gwydo Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:35 am

Not knowing how far away the boat is or how much time before it lands, I wanted to post this idea here so see player feedback and if we have time to implement it.

Also, not sure where Zeiss put the whale oil and gunpowder, but here is the idea:
Take a portion of gunpowder (hopefully there are small grenade-able containers that we can put the gunpowder in). Cover the container in whale oil.
Light on fire and throw into the boat with the attacking party.

The flaming whale oil will burn through the container igniting the gunpowder for a flaming explosion.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:51 pm

In case nobody's noticed I haven't been on very much recently and that's probably going to continue until mid next week because work and such, if you need my healing skills or some pipe weed don't hesitate to take the liberty, I'll see you all in a bit.
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:25 am

I had an idea about the ship:
Sell it to the Blackbrine, but not for money. When the exchange needs it for transporting goods, they agree to transport it for free. In between cargo transports they can do whatever they want with it.

This way it is crewed by competent sailors, the cost and payment of which is not an issue.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:28 pm

Nice idea nnot sure how it would go over but still if we can get them to agree it would solve a major headache
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:16 pm

It's a clever idea, but I don't trust them so I'm inclined not to do it. What do other people think?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Fleet captain Fateema seamed Honorable if not what you would call trustworthy i don't think she would betray us, and i think that goes for most of the Blackbrine Fleet if we become allies with them but for now consider them and ever other organisation to be out for them self's.

i had a migraine today so i haven't had the chance to read what you have done so fore in the setup of the exchange what was your plan for the ship Kolson?

other info that you may not have but tab noted down and shaired with everyone

Blackbrine Fleet, a large group of Privateers, Bandits, and Sea Bandits that runs most of the smuggling, thieving, and selling of illegal goods on the east coast

The Errant Venture a Blackbrine ship used to get to Holtberg.

Fleet captain Fateema of Blackbrine (race Mite)

Tarnag second to Fleet captain Fateema (race Banderling) (unconfirmed information)

Last edited by Tabran Cole on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:31 pm

The Galleon is worth 80k of gold. I believe the Blackbrine would only offer their services until they have worked for that amount of gold. So I still say we sell it since we could move that amount of gold as we wish.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:05 pm

For now I'm focusing on getting the ship to Holtburg. I figured we'd all decide what to do with it since it is very much a party item.

I could see it being useful for trade, selling, or as a bargaining chip. It really depends on whether we want immediate benefit or want to think long term.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Just how long do you think they'd be willing to do the transporting for a whopping 80k? I know it's essentially borrowed time, but that much gold should give us plenty of time to amass gold needed keep buying their assistance, OR alternatively, buy our own competent crew and ships.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next