Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC discussion

4 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

OOC discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: OOC discussion

Post by Rory Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:18 am

Feat time! I wanna do this:

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Channel_Touch_Spell_%283.5e_Feat%29

Maximize cost of 1? If there is a prestige class or other existing natural progression in any class that allows a character to do basically the same thing, possibly for less conditions or restrictions, please let me know. I would really like to Stick to the Red Mage, though, for the free dual casting. And it's kinda part of my character's identity.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:08 pm

Hmm, this feat works for touch spells, which you have none. It also requires you to wait one turn until you can attack since you don't have the Quicken Spell feat. You can't use your Dualcast to cast the spell then attack, since attacking with your weapon isn't a spell. It would be more advantageous to just Dualcast two spells, then go back to melee for next turn.

Also, like you asked, Arch's prestige class of Mystic Knight does this, but a lot better.

You can see under the Mage classes and prestige classes file: https://drive.google.com/folderview?usp=sharing&ddrp=1&id=0Bz-lEDSl7cA2UzFMdUJnd0lDOE0#
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:34 pm

Well I was hoping that we could say "screw it, touch spells for everyone", since none of the spells in Arch's DnD format are touch spells, but I guess that's the reason why the Mystic Knight was created. And I do like it...Then it shall be my goal! Level 5, here I come!

I did not at first see how Intensify Spell could be useful. Then I read up on how Maximizing a spell actually works. So...yeah, I want that.

Question about Runic Blade: Is this ability free? Does it require mana, or require a 1/day Spellblade expenditure?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:24 pm

It's a 1/day Spellblade expenditure. It goes up as you level up in this class, up to 3/day. So from what I understand, casting a spell with Spellblade does not use your reserve of mana. After all, the Mystic Knight doesn't even gain mana as they level up.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:14 pm

Rory, i planned long and hard to settle this without bloodshed. Please don't activate that coin.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:39 pm

Aww, you're breakin' my balls, man. Alright, we'll just get the detonator from them.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:47 pm

Thank you.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:40 pm

A bit of operational ironing out before we get on to phase 2.

We have the hidden entrance, but we also have Molly. It's no secret that i want to talk this out and take them all alive - for more reasons than just just the kindness of my heart. We want information from them, and that's best given when they're in a good mood.

With that in mind, i'm starting to feel disinclined about sneaking in. If we wanted to jump them, sure enough, but now we have a very good chance of parlaying this. Popping out in the middle of the Fort is very detrimental to that, and will put us at a disadvantage if a fight breaks out, seeing as they will likely be controlling the terrain.

So, i propose we approach right from the front. Doing otherwise might really cripple the negotiations.

It would also be feasible to send a party in while we negotiate, just in case, but at best that would be wasteful, as everyone capable of holding a sword should be with us, to show our numbers, and at worst we might get found out, which would be downright disastrous. And i need to stay with Molly, since i've been the one negotiating this.

We might have cleared one hurdle, but this situation is still every bit as delicate, the way i see it.

I want you guys' input on this, please. What are your thoughts?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:58 pm

Frederick sounds like her second in command or something. Convincing him would convince the remaining three to back down as well - after all, we've got their people. So, I suppose we could try that. We send people in through a secret passage, and we risk destroying our chances of a surrender, but that explosive coin is some handy leverage, as is that detonator.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:12 pm

Glad you think so. Just be on your guard in case another signal comes through. I don't expect it from them, but we still have enemies out there that we don't know about, and there's no telling how crafty they might be.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:29 pm

Cool. Well, sleep beckons.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:13 pm

I feel like I might have made a mistake, but I want to check with you. So, on my sheet, I counted 34 skill points towards skill ranks. I would get 1 more from reaching lvl 2, if we were using the same racial bonuses for humans from regular d&d 3.5 rules. So, what do you say?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:48 pm

We're using these bonuses for humans:

• 1 extra feat at 1st level.
  • 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 3 extra skill point at each additional level.

Remember, the highest your class skills can be is Level + 3. Rules also say that cross-class skills can only be half of that, but screw it, I don't really care.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:26 pm

Ok guys, if there's something i'm missing here do tell, but the way i see it, the Thieves are right now our only link to the Buyer/Jacob, who is our only link to any sort of hope of helping Yen and Saemon.

So, if we're asking for their help on this, we may, in all likelihood, have to forfeit their capture entirely. This effectively means abandoning our contract with the Coins, and most likely do the very thing we were sent here to stop.

I'm willing to do this thing, so please sound off on it. I need to know where you guys stand.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:05 pm

Konrad will not abandon the contract. With that in mind, the right thing to do is let Velstar contact the Citadel to pick up Yen and Saemon. That's not "dooming" them to anything worse than what any other Cursed person has had to endure because of their condition, they're not special. Precious maybe, but who isn't?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:34 am

Breeze is FemPuck, isn't she? From Berserk. BTW, is #3 of Golden Arc out yet? Or did I already watch that? Whatever, is the next thing out?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:39 am

You mean the Eclipse movie? Yes, it's out. They're also going to release a new anime to follow up on it. There's even a trailer for it, and I think it picks up on The Black Swordman arc.

Puck was indeed an inspiration for Breeze, but as you may have noticed, they're a little different from one another.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:06 am

Berserk is on hiatus until summer. Miura must be playing Idolmaster again.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:16 am

Dammit.

Well, waiting for Konrad and Steve's next actions before I do Mihai's thing.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:46 am

OOC discussion - Page 3 ToSC1gx
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:00 pm

Nobody cares. Sad

I realized that I've been fighting with both a sword and a shield. And casting spells with both equipped. And making 2-hand attacks with both equipped. pale I have decided that I will stow my shield, as I never planned to use it until I starting buying starting equipment, and I'll opt to use it whenever I'm standing next to an enemy and drained of mana, that I'd be able to pull out the shield and attack, when otherwise if I had to move to attack, I wouldn't get my shield out.

Sorry. Thankfully, it seems that the 1 AC difference wasn't enough to prevent any attack made against me in any of our fights so far.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:05 am

At least you caught it. Nothing like 1st-adventure shakedowns while you learn your character. How are you liking your character build so far, Rory?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:57 am

I'm enjoying my mannerisms, and the odd transition between roles that I've suddenly begun in relation to Eh Steve's. I wonder what we'll talk about over that drink. Currently battling you over who gets to keep the fairy on his shoulder! Mechanically, I won't deny her benefits to anyone.

I'm sorry for calling you an idiot, K. That came straight from me and I didn't mean it. I'm gonna go back and strike it. Konrad is still impressed at your plan with the thieves working, too, and he'll give you credit where it's due.

Can't wait for him to reach a milestone in achieving his goal, which is to acquire a ship. It will have to sit in a shipyard somewhere until I've recruited people, though. That Leadership feat will be vital for me. Speaking of milestones, are we still getting Marie Lavoie's money for "completion" of the job?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:37 am

You know, that's a good question. We need to follow up on that with Blackcliff.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:04 am

The idiot thing came out of nowhere but nobody got hurt, so shrug.

The plan worked because all the parts moved like they needed to. I wasn't confident it would until we had 8 armed people and the tactical advantage - then i knew we had a shot. The trick was creating a situation that favored the non-lethal approach without compromising the lethal one if things went south. Fortunately, we didn't have to resort to the latter.

As for Marie's money... it does feel kinda dirty, but cash is cash, i suppose. We can buy Breeze a set of Bloody Needles.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next