Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fourth Adventure 06: The Stakes are Raised

+7
Snarg of Wildpaw
K
Z
Rory
Zeiss
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
11 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Fourth Adventure 06: The Stakes are Raised - Page 5 Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 06: The Stakes are Raised

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:52 am

Hanuel:
The woman frowns at the key. "If that's Weaving, it's a powerful type. Just looking at it I can see it's reflecting Elemental energy itself. All 8, at once. And... it looks like all you need to do is activate it, mentally. I'm not sure what it will do though. As for your Scan..." She raises an eyebrow. "What do you have that I could Scan? Assuming you could afford my rates."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Fourth Adventure 06: The Stakes are Raised - Page 5 Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 06: The Stakes are Raised

Post by Rory Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:53 am

Tabran Cole wrote:Tab gose to the bar as Rory takes a seat

"barkeep can i have 1 mug of the strongest beer you have please?"
"Make it two," Rory added swiftly.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:54 am

tab comes over to the table and hands Rory the large tankard made of wood
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:59 am

"Well, we still have the vial that held the flesheating concoction, as well as the bloodthorn that was being used. I'm hoping that, with the help of someone more experienced than our own yellow mage, we can get a real lead on what the stuff actually was, and if we're really lucky, where it was all coming from." Hanuel slips the mirror key away, and continues. "As well, I'm sure any help that leads to finding the real reasons behind this, and where the funding is coming from, paid or otherwise, would be seen as a great help to the Order."
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:01 am

The woman harumphs again. "I'll give you my best Scan at 500g... and trust me, dear, that's a bargain."

Meanwhile, at the bar, the 'strongest beer they have' turns out to be a bizarre combination of ginger beer and oats with some spiced rum added to the mix. It is very potent, and hits Tabran like a lead weight, nevermind the exhausted Rory.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:04 am

"thats got quite a kick to it"

says tab as he takes sip
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:05 am

"Would you prefer to try now, or later? I don't have it on me currently, though my companions aren't far. For such a generous price, I would be more than glad to do it at your easiest convenience."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:06 am

"No going back now." Rory throws back the mug and chugs, hoping to hit on a staggering buzz that will linger for what little remaining time he spends awake.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:12 am

The alcohol actually burns Rory's throat, a rare occurrence for the strange and alien creature, and within a matter of seconds he realizes there are in fact four lights.

Hanuel:
The woman gives a low purring growl. "I am actually immensely busy, I need to leave the city by the night, so I would much prefer to do so now."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:14 am

"Well, to the Wayward Traveler then. Unless you'd rather work in your office. I can have my aspect meet us there if you'd prefer." Hanuel gives her a wry grin, thankful for her help.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:16 am

"No thank you I will travel with you." She follows Hanuel towards Kolson's.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:17 am

Hanuel has Dara enter Kolson's room ahead of time, leaving a note so that Kolson isn't left out when he wakes up.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:18 am

"Ungh, haven't felt the burn since...whoa," Rory babbles as he playfully encourages the dizzy swaying of his balance. "So Tabran," Rory asks, involuntarily elongating his vowel pronunciation, "why you normally drink don't?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:21 am

"its i like to keep a plear head"

tab took another small sip

"do you want another one?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:27 am

The Scan takes longer then you would expect it to. The Banderling is frowning the entire time. "Whatever was in this... was not Woven, was not magically created. It looks like it had a magical catalyst, but the..." she pauses as a word sits on her lips, "Flesheater... was a product of science. And I do not recognize the species that created it... at all." She looks deeply disturbed. "This specific batch was created somewhere far away... in the Dires, I believe."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:27 am

Tabran Cole wrote:"its i like to keep a plear head"

tab took another small sip

"do you want another one?"
"No, I'm...I...good...I'm where I wanna be." Rory steadied his mind to focus on speaking, while taking a toll on his pace.

"Don' youwev'rr juz' 'anna relax?" he slurs. "You gooooottaaaa le' yrrrssullf gooooo...furrget yurr trubbles."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:35 am

at Rory's words Tab tryes not to laugh and this is made worse by the idea that they should maybe use this stuff as a weapon.

"to be honist Rory of late if i wasnt with you guys i fink that my trouble's would be a lot worse"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:35 am

"Well, it would seem our Burun friend was as much a liar as we thought." Hanuel pauses, before a look of shock comes over their face. "And they're taking that same liar to Fort Bleached Bones! This is -not- a good sign." Hanuel stands, wobbling slightly from exhaustion. "I can't just let this sit. Something like this, coming from an unknown species in the Dires? I need to let the Colonel know. Dammit I knew we should have looked more into that strange materia-like thing attached to his soul." Hanuel quickly digs out the money, leaving both the fee and a tip. "I can't thank you enough for this. I need endurance potions, do you know a good place to find them?"

Spoiler:

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:44 am

Tabran Cole wrote:at Rory's words Tab tryes not to laugh and this is made worse by the idea that they should maybe use this stuff as a weapon.

"to be honist Rory of late if i wasnt with you guys i fink that my trouble's would be a lot worse"
"Ssshhhut...sshhut that maowth. Do...don'eventhink abowdit. Let da feelin'...waaaassh ov'rr yew. Jus' driff away."

At this, Rory tries to get up. "Spe...tawkin' uv driff'n away, awh fffiiiinnn--k awh ned tew g'laay doan."

Last edited by Rory on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:45 am

Hanuel:
"Well not to mention it but Praxis does sell Endurance potions in bulk... tell 'em I sent ya, you might get a discount. Now I really must be going, excuse me." She departs.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:46 am

tab ready s Float level 1 to catch Rory when he falls
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:47 am

"Good luck with your work." Hanuel turns and heads up the stairs, knocking on Zeiss' door urgently.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:48 am

The noise woke up Zeiss. With difficulty, he opened the door, yawned and said bluntly :

"What?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:49 am

"I need to talk to Gremlock. Just got a big lead, and he needs to know."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:52 am

"Can't it wait a few hours? We are all tired and we need to sleep before we can chase these mages again."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next