Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fourth Adventure 06: The Stakes are Raised

+7
Snarg of Wildpaw
K
Z
Rory
Zeiss
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
11 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Fourth Adventure 06: The Stakes are Raised - Page 6 Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 06: The Stakes are Raised

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:54 am

"It can't. I'm gonna go head to Praxis to get some endurance potions, and get over to Fort Bleached Bones as soon as I can. They need to know that the threat is coming from the Dires."
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Fourth Adventure 06: The Stakes are Raised - Page 6 Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 06: The Stakes are Raised

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:56 am

"Then let's send them a messenger. They have Naverre soldiers in town. They can do it for us. You should get some sleep too. You've been-"

He yawns again.

"You've be running around all day. And how did you learn the threat comes from the Dires? You didn't tell me anything."

Last edited by Zeiss on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:58 am

"I had a Yellow mage scan the container that held the flesheater that took Snarg's arm. It's nothing too magical, but it was made by some species she had never encountered, and came from the dires. That burun was a liar to the core, and that explains why they'd want to incriminate the Sho."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:05 am

"Oh. Good initiative from you. But like I said, we can send a messenger to the Fort, so no need to-"

He yawns again. For a longer time.

"...No need to go run to the Fort. But I can call the Executor and inform him of that detail."

Gets the piece of copper.

"Executor Gremlock, Templar of the 113th Adjunct here. One of my colleagues has a new lead."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:06 am

The voice comes back instantly. "Executor here, what have you got for me?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:08 am

"Go on Hanuel. Tell him what you have learned."

Zeiss yawns again.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:09 am

"Hanuel of the 113th here, I had a Yellow Mage I met scan the vial that held the flesheater that took one of our companion's arms. Whoever made that stuff, the species that made it was completely alien to her. And it was made in the Dires."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:13 am

tab cast float on Rory and hovers him up to his room were he plonkes him on his bed and closes the door before heading to his own room to sleep
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:13 am

There's a significant pause this time. "What level of skill was this Yellow Mage?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:16 am

"She was skilled enough to be in the employ of Praxis and neutralize the cart of Shattersticks we found. An archmage."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:17 am

"She was an archmagess for Praxis. Soronia, of Seeker. One more thing. It wasn't a creation of weaving. There was hardly a trace of magic in the stuff."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:19 am

*kezrin was sitting in a corner savoring a bowl of some sort of soup or stew she's not quite sure what it is. It is very thick with legumes tomatoes ground meat and very little broth. It has a good kick to it in the spice department. During her musings about the new dish she notices Hanuel dash out of the inn only to dash back in yelling for Zeiss a few minutes later. Dara can be seen trailing behind him looking somewhat frazzled. Concerned, kezrin follows them up the stairs catching the tail end of the conversation.*

"If I may, I am much faster than any runner you are like to find at such an hour in this town. I would be happy to deliver your findings posthaste. If that does not suit then a trip there and back would go much faster for you if I were to carry you. I would be happy to be of assistance I. Either way.
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:20 am

"That'd explain how she got a reading from the Dires at all..." There's a long pause. "This is above your pay grade but you're the closest individuals to that Fort. I'm going to toss this one upstairs for someone else to deal with, but you need to warn that Fort pronto. Whatever they were planning has probably changed, and whatever they are planning now isn't good." There's then a pause, as if something just occurred to him. "Wait. What wasn't Woven exactly, what item?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:23 am

"The Flesheater. It was a creation of science. It only had traces of magic in it, likely from a catalyst of some sort."

Hanuel turn to face Kez, a tense look on their face. "I would greatly appreciate a ride there, speed is of the essence, and I'd like to deliver the results myself."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:26 am

*kez waits for Hanuel to finish then leaves the in. Carrying Hanuel with Dara sprinting along beside them. She runs as fast as she can while carrying him.*
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:29 am

There is another long pause. "Are you seriously telling me you found a weapon of horrific power and implication and there was no magic used to Weave it?" The horror in the Dwarf's voice is palpable.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:32 am

"I am. That's why I came to you as soon as I found out."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:33 am

"You still want some of us at the Fort and inform the Naverre of this discovery?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:34 am

"I see. Get word to that Fort, now. I'm formally pulling your team off this assignment as soon as you get word to the Colonel. Get out of the city, get someplace else, anywhere else, and do so fast. I'm going communications black out for the time being, I will contact you as soon as I know more. Is there anything else?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:36 am

"Not from my end. I'll be at the fort as soon as possible. Zeiss, you can take it from here I assume?"

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:39 am

Zeiss nods to Hanuel.

"You get the fastest members of our group with you Hanuel. Take my horse if you need to. We will take care of the rest Sir. Adjunct 113 out."

Zeiss prepares his things. He hoped he would not fall unconscious.

"I'm going to go get Z and talk to some people. We will wait your return."

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:04 am

Zeiss manages to send a few gold coins to some vagrants in the Straggler and find out that a hooded and masked individual got room 38 on the second floor.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:05 am

Zeiss went to room 38, discreetly. He did not knock on the door.

"Adjunct 13 here. Are you in there?"

If he/she did not answer, he would knock on the door and repeat his question.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:09 am

There was about a 30 second pause before the door opened and Z stood there, hand still wreathed in magical energy. It occurs to you they were prepared to blast it through the door if they hadn't identified you. "What."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:14 am

"The flesh-eating acid we found was made without magic. In the Direlands. Hanuel and Kez went to the Fort inform the Naverre but the Executor strongly... recommend that we leave this region and find somewhere safe. I'm thinking about the Spatial Temple."

He let him/her think about it a few seconds.

"Do you think Praxis would give us an Exit spell for all of us? At no cost I mean."

Last edited by Zeiss on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next