Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fourth Adventure 06: The Stakes are Raised

+7
Snarg of Wildpaw
K
Z
Rory
Zeiss
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
11 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Fourth Adventure 06: The Stakes are Raised - Page 3 Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 06: The Stakes are Raised

Post by Archengeia Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:46 pm

There's a sound of someone stroking his beard. "No, get some rest, but try to pick a careful spot to do so in. I don't want my Adjunct to turn up dead while they were sleeping."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Fourth Adventure 06: The Stakes are Raised - Page 3 Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 06: The Stakes are Raised

Post by Ashakel Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:46 pm

"Perhaps the Praxis archmage will have something to say 'bout that weird magic thing in the Burun. I'm not fancying thing like that, not at all." Ashakel was slowly getting ready to go back to Al-Kortinh, already feeling quite tired from a sleepless night.
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:49 pm

"Understood. Adjunct 113 out."

He put the piece back in its place, got on his horse and without talking to the others, went straight for Al-Korinth.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:49 pm

"ash without having him there to look at i dout he will be able to tell us anything"

Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:52 pm

Turning to Tabran: "I was thinking he could be knowledgeable of things like that, but if ya think I'm barking up the wrong tree, I guess I could just have some sleep."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:53 pm

"'course." Snarg comments, watching Zeiss ride off, "Now, is any of ya goin' to be restin'? I ain't thinkin' so wit' what ya be havin' on ya mind. Now ya tellin' 'bout thos leads ya mentionin'?" he says, turning to the remaining figures.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:54 pm

Kolson gets back on his horse and follows Zeiss.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:55 pm

Higaide wrote:
Kolson Wezrae wrote:"What's that, Higaide?"

"A person there. We said we'd stop by, just to be safe."
"We can stop by whenever. It's not like his life is in danger. I want to find that Sclavi suspect's house."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:56 pm

"well snarg i think before we do anything we need to be looking into getting you your arm back"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:59 pm

"Oh," Snarg glances back down as his missing forearm, "eh, maybe ya bein' right. I ain't wantin' to be holdin' ya down if ya be havin' leads."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:59 pm

"I'll take Snarg to the Healer in town. I need to stop by there anyways"
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:12 pm

Snarg begins heading back in the direction of Al-Korinth.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Hanuel heads off with Snarg, hoping Bemm was still in town.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:30 pm

The party makes decent time back to town, which is bustling as always.

There are several Inns to choose from; the Drowned Rat, the Straggler, the Wayward Traveler, and the Ales Hearty.

There is a very skilled healer who is available to restore Snarg's arm. The process will take two hours and cost 800 gold.

Bamm appears to have already moved on, but he left a note for you guys at the healer's stating thusly: "Thanks guys much for the help, I appreciates it. To help you out a bit I figured I'd give ya a treasure tip I learned a couple months ago. There's this weird tower that reflects all light around it somewhere in southwest Aluvian lands, near Lytlethorpe. That's all I knows, figured you guys might be up ta handlin' it. Oh, also I left a little somethin' for ya." There is a piece of Green Materia inside a package.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:31 pm

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:32 pm

"Too bad. I'd have liked to hear some of his stories. But that tower..." Hanuel slipped into thought, absent-mindedly toying with the green materia in their hand.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:34 pm

Hanuel:
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:35 pm

"Sound like quite our thing, heh. There's probably an abomination inside there, too."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:36 pm

Zeiss, despite being tired, goes ask around about the Inns to find out which one is the most secure for the group and what is the quality of the services they offer.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:40 pm

"My vote is for the Ales Hearty Inn."
Gwydo makes his way to the inn, stabling the horses and wagon, paying for breakfast and a room.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:47 pm

Zeiss:
The Wayward Traveler is utilized by official caravans and groups traveling to and from Al-Jalima, has a cleaner reputation by far, and is patrolled by Naverre troops on rotation. It is a fairly simple bed and breakfast, however. The Ales Hearty boasts an impressive selection of ales from all across the Reach, and is known for having soft beds with quiet rooms. The Drowned Rat is extremely cheap, but hasn't had any criminal difficulties; that innkeeper intentionally keeps the place pretty basic to keep costs down so he can charge less, and he does a ton of business as a result. The Drowned Rat is by far the most frequented inn in Al-Korinth. Finally, the Straggler you find out is where more of the less-then-legal individuals head to to conduct their business and rest. It also sees a fair amount of business.

Snarg:
From the sound of the tower, and the Key you've examined briefly before, and your own knowledge of the Elements, it sounds like the Mirror Tower is built in a way to reflect Elemental energy around it, masking it from the Ley Lines. The purpose of such a thing is a matter of speculation of course.

Kolson:
The Materia is an Exit Materia, grants its wielder the ability to cast Exit 8 once per day.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:48 pm

"Wow, this Materia is pretty powerful. It let's you cast Exit at level 8 once per day."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Gwydo finds his soft bed wonderfully comfortable and falls asleep almost immediately.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:51 pm

"That's bein' weird-like. Sounds like ya reflectin' tower, er, "Mirror Tow'r" is bein' used fer reflectin' elementa energy 'round it," he scratches his left ear thoughtfully, "that'd be makin' it hidden from ya Ley Lines; just guessin'. Ya Key's gonna be doin' somethin' wit' it; ain't sure what."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:52 pm

Zeiss returned to see the others.

"I'm going to sleep to the Wayward Traveler. There are Naverre soldiers who often parols there and I like to sleep without having to worry about being murdered."

He waited for what his colleagues had to say. Especially Z.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next