Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Thread for Dungeoneering

5 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

OOC Thread for Dungeoneering - Page 5 Empty Re: OOC Thread for Dungeoneering

Post by Essoje Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:21 pm

I wanted flashbangs & smoke bombs. Rory is the one sticking to the mustard gas only. But it has its uses, so might as well keep one around.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:52 pm

I'm going to assume Javan is the one heading into town to shop? Or, conversely, Javan is the one heading into town looking for the Scarves to order them to go shopping?
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:53 pm

Well, personally, i'd go with tear gas, or any kind of sleep agent. I mean, tactically speaking, mustard gas will only get people really pissed off at you in the intervening hours before they start coughing up blood.

Last edited by K on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:44 pm

All things considered? Higaide should be the one meeting the Scarves. The current Scarves members know him, and he is the nice human guy, so they are probably going to go along with it just fine.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:14 pm

So, i go into to town to shop? Fine by me, but i'm not sure where i can buy a canister of a highly potent and harmful chemical warfare agent (isn't that kind of thing banned RL?). Or what kind of eyebrows that'll raise, considering we're wanted people.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:12 pm

We are not at the point where this has reached Ishiban yet, but if Higaide wants to go, I see no problem with that.

Any incapacitating agents, I doubt it. So flash and smoke is probably all we're allowed.

*Looks up mustard gas* Ah, so that's what that is. No mustard gas, please. Just the flash and smoke, like Javan said.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:54 pm

Will do.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:03 am

With the inclusion of the drinks at the tavern, will there be any change leftover from K's 1-platinum-budget shopping errand?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:59 pm

If memory serves, Rory and Javan are to the West?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:54 am

I have an idea I want to pitch.

After we make sure the humans are safe, and they are still in search of a home, I am of a mind to lead them personally to a promised land of sorts: personally sheltering them and delivering them to Osteth. Now, choosing to do this also carries with it the option of going to Stonehold instead to settle and follow up on the rumors of the centaurs' sudden disappearance.

What could result from this hook is the possibility of convincing them to leave the war alone, so that it will end sooner, definitely so with the revelation of knowledge regarding the people puppeteering the violence and the crash of the Undermarket(surely more likely to succeed if their disappearance is due to them being new victims of the shadow organizations' machinations). Also, possibly change their violent temperament towards the other nations. The former is more likely than the latter.

Seems like the sort of thing Arch would be happy to have us investigate, and a jumping-off point into the next adventure after finding a place for the humans to live and start their lives over as a species. Alternatively, we might jump further into the Vyeotian story hook around Sho abouts, after leading the humans to Osteth.

The lugians are still perfect, but if we could get the centaurs to finally stop lashing out at everything they hate, agrarian would be the best to start for human society in general. When you've lost everything as a civilization, the first step is hunter/agrarian, and the centaurs are the closest thing to that. Not saying we'd start living with each other, just being non-civilized neighbors.

Whoa! Surprised If we could manage all of that stuff with the centaurs, I stand a chance at founding my own uncivilized barbarian tribe! I'd ascend into legend!
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:08 am

Guys, i might be less able to post for a while. Could be just today, or might be longer term, i still don't know.

Not saying i'm gonna go dark, but i'm really lacking the ability to do this properly right now.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:38 am

Understood K. I hope whatever is slowing you down gets solved, if it is a net negative thing that is.

Rory, I think that looking too far ahead is something we should avoid for now, not because it's bad period but because it's bad right now. I mean, we did it various times in the past and we couldn't follow through because of how things changed and the new things we learned and... well, because the GM decided to have a smaller party for youtube videos out of necessity and we almost got shafted, and then we decided to split the forum party again because there wasn't enough adventure for the adventure-focused guys. I guess what I'm trying to say is let's at least follow the story thread more before we think to go other places.

Finally... Arch, how much was the silver spear itself so I can return the gold to whoever paid for it?
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:30 pm

Sounds like computer trouble.

Hmm...hm, hm. I hear you.

Think of it as my way of paying you back for that wall I destroyed in that one fairy town.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:13 pm

@Javan: 260 of it was the expense of the Silver Spear.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:38 pm

Ok, here are the facts. I just came back from the hospital, to pick up my father, who had what the doctors referred to as a "very mild cerebrovascular accident". He's very disoriented right now, though he can walk and talk on his own, and can answer questions so long as you give him time to think about it.

So, from the time i made that post up there, things are better than i'd feared, if worse than i'd hoped. We're gonna follow up with physical therapy and regular doctor appointments for now. The prognosis seems more on the optimistic than pessimistic side, so i'm in a less dark mood than i was earlier. Still, i'll have to ask you to bear with me if my RP quality is below par for the near future.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:12 pm

You can focus on what's important right now because we get ya, K.

I sincerely hope your father gets better and back on his feet.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:32 pm

I've got nothing more to add. We understand, dude.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:43 pm

Alright, my new PC of Ultimate (Partial) Doom parts arrived and I'll be using most of my free time in the next days tweaking it, moving and installing programs and all that fun stuff. That means I'll so focused on it that I'll totally forget about everything besides it, including awesome roleplay.

So in case K's situation normalizes enough for him to post again and I haven't posted again to say I'm done with my PC, Javan is NPCed. I'm going to make a post before I go tho.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:07 pm

Is everyone cool with my plan? If it helps Arch, Rory might not be in his element for these skill checks considering the criminal element and the subtlety, but he knows how he's pretending to appear and sound to them, because he can use the human interactions he saw and dealt with every day while he trained a multiracial militia in the Exchange HQ in Holtburg as a strong mental reference.

Heh, if my plan fails at the lowest level, I'll have to do it myself, won't I? I'll have to get onboard the ship and find hiding spots for the crates...assuming they're each small and light enough for one person to haul discreetly, if individually.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:22 am

I'm cool with everything as of right now, since it does look like it's going well. Not only Javan is a frozen turkey right now, I think this is where and when Rory and Higaide should be doing their awesome things that don't include violence and such.

That said... I'm not sure why, but something triggered my worries about the crew Rory (and Higaide?) has had contact with is purely human. It could be just them having allied humans working as the face of the operation so the newly picked-up humans would feel more safe. But if that's not the case, we could be dealing with a faction that's human-centric and have access to airships and... we actually saw at least one whole culture like that. Well, human/tusker-centric.

Just as a precaution, consider avoiding lies at all costs from now on. Half-truths should do the trick, because of possible tuskers.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:47 am

I actually thought i'd be in one of those crates too, but it's just as well that i'm out and about, and able to move.

The situation has improved over here (after a particularly nasty week), but i still have to watch out for my father whenever needed. First appointment for rehab starts in two hours and nineteen minutes as of writing this.

Anyway, Higaide will be along with Rory in the Airship. I didn't read anything i had a problem with.

Today's gonna be busy, and i'll be out of town tomorrow, so forgive me if i'll have a bit of trouble posting up anything really meaningful right now, but i'll try to do better once i'm back today.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:58 am

I have been thinking about where I've been going with my character, and I remembered back then I created my character with the mechanical goal in mind that I would take a prestige class, something that centered around pulverizing my enemies in combat. Berserker or any sort of frenzy-capable class puts the party in danger.

From here on out, apart from aiming for the Leadership feat to seriously go after the Vyeotians, I'll be attempting to fast-track acquisition of the prerequisites for the Gladiator class.

Also, I feel like Renewing Rage is a wasted feat. Instead of trying to find self-sufficient ways to not die at the end of a Rage, I should be thinking of how I can extend the duration of the ability or use it wisely. And there are already duration-increasing rewards for players who stick to the barbarian class into 10+ levels.

So I would like to ditch the custom Rage feat I made for Combat Expertise. Which I never really considered all that useful for the same reason as Power Attack, and because it could force me to end a Rage prematurely, but I understand its potential in situations now, maybe later in the fights when HP is dwindling and it becomes just as important to avoid being hit while also trying to end a fight as soon as possible.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:20 am

You know, if you are going to trade a custom feat for something, don't do it for a normal combat feat, you are losing too much on the exchange. Why not make it so the feat you are trading for allow use of the Whirlwind Attack and Cleave feats and they count as prerequisites for other feats and classes (which is what you need to get the prestige class), but it doesn't give you Power Attack and Combat Expertise (the pre-prerequisites).

Name it something like... dunno, 'Rushed Glass-Cannon Training'. And considering how Rory as a character has a tendency of rushing into things more often than not, it's totally in character.

Anyway, at the very least trade the custom stuff to something worth it's weight: 2.5 feats = custom feat, give or take, based on what Arch said before.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:38 am

Hmm...that is a good point. And Rory definitely does make a habit of taking full advantage of a weapon's reach to aim full-bodied (full-reach) attacks against his enemies. I would call it Arcing Swings. But seeing as the custom feat cost me 1..."point", and seeing as how each of those feats would require 1 point each to gain both, it would not be an even trade.

The feat should allow me to qualify for Whirlwind Attack and Cleave, but would still require me to spend points to gain both of those before I can use them. However, it does not give me the ability to use the feats Power Attack or Combat Expertise.

So, Arcing Swings would allow me to bypass Power Attack and Combat Expertise to qualify for, not gain, the use of Whirlwind Attack and Cleave. *eyes on GM*
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:46 am

I'll agree with the compromise. Wasn't quite willing to give away as much as Javan suggested heh.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next