Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Thread for Dungeoneering

5 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

OOC Thread for Dungeoneering - Page 4 Empty Re: OOC Thread for Dungeoneering

Post by Rory Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:09 am

Motion passed to test the food storage stasis for five minutes.

I have Exit materia. If we can bring the White Scarves with us, it's your call Javan. If we have to use it, we'll be leaving behind almost all of them when we teleport.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:18 am

So. Uhm. Are you going to try to stealth over to the area with the food storage, which now has a Corvette hovering over it and soldiers swarming around, to test it?
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:00 am

No, not now! We split, lay low, come back, and when the time actually comes for us to actually get in those boxes, we do that. I'm pretty sure that's what Rory and Javan got out of it, too.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:22 pm

Well that does present a problem. How long is that vehicle going to be there? How long will the soldiers be checking things out?

We want to return and try and blend in before the airship comes to start lifting people out, but we want to rest first. We're going to keep watch from a distance while we rest, and if we notice something, we'll speed up our timetable by passing the drudge charm between Javan and Rory.

I'm going to sleep with the drudge charm on. Higaide will be on watch.

We will use his best judgement based on what he observes going on at the plantation from afar, on whether we can afford to let Javan have a full 8-hour rest. If we decide we can't wait a full 8 hours, we'll equip the drudge charm on Javan while he sleeps.

Then, we will wander up to the plant first to blend into the refugees. Next, we will sneak our people going into stasis inside the food storage building, which includes Higaide and Javan as far as I am aware(the Scarves...maybe).

Higaide and Javan may test the food storage stasis while they are inside to make sure our plan is still...solid. If not, they will inform me, and perhaps we can take our chances just blending into the herd of sheep if stasis won't pan out like we want it to.

If there are still soldiers there who feel they must question us on our approach, we will lie and say we're humans who are super late. We should use our disguises to look the part as much as we can.

I will be the one lying because I have advantage. I am also a human, and I can speak for Higaide when I say "we," but I will also be implying that the rest of our team is included in that "we" and that they are humans, as their disguises are meant to effect.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:38 pm

Sorry for the delay, was out looking into hardware prices for a new PC.

Yes, the plan sounds solid right now. And yes I want the Scarves around if I can: I really want the Scarves to become a thing that succeeds in this setting, and while keeping them behind would probably be safer for everyone involved, that won't change the status quo either.

Not to mention they might decide to disband or do their own thing if left to their own devices for too long (which somehow I believe it would be better for them in the long run). Which could really happen since Arch is the GM, and I couldn't blame him because I'm sure I would do that at least once to make things interesting.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:28 am

So just to make sure I have all of the intended actions clear. You intend to...

1: Head back to Ishiban to (hopefully) get the Scarves and other provisions as well as rest.
2: Come BACK to the plantation and try to sneak your way to the food boxes to test them
3: Upon testing, one way or another, wait in line for the cargo Airship to arrive and help the last few straggler Humans to their new home.

I miss anything?
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:16 pm

Since we are running with the assumption that the cargo airship will have scanners, that is more or less correct.

For the 3rd point, we'll try to get Sethos' help to move things along smoother, otherwise it wouldn't make sense moving the food boxes into the cargo airship unless they were already going there.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:32 pm

Can I get confirmation from all 3 on these actions? Before I just assume.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:38 pm

I'm going to wait the other two to answer that. I don't see a problem but the other two might want to add something.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:02 pm

I confirm. To be sure, we'll have someone watching the plantation from a safe distance while we rest (I think I should try and get a full 8 hours to get back my Rage if I can), in case there are any developments that might influence us using the drudge charm to get the minimal amount of rest and speed up our sleep schedule to match the enemies' timetable, if we judge that it has shortened.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:47 am

I agree with the gist of it, though i'm not quite sure we'll have a full 8 hours before the Airship comes for the sheep, and should be ready to move before then.

Just an observation, though: if there are any human members among the scarves, we could use their help carrying us in those boxes to the airship, since no one would recognize or suspect them.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:31 am

There are, of course, no Human Scarves. *pause* That sentence sounds weird.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:59 am

OOC Thread for Dungeoneering - Page 4 Loin-king-memes-5_58506720
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:29 am

One last decision I need you guys to make. You can try to sleep back at the town where you're wanted criminals and an abomination, or you can try to sleep a few hundred feet from the enemy. Or... camp in the wild I guess is the third option. All three entail risk.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:49 am

Cold camp might be the best right now. It doesn't stop wild things from approaching, but at least we don't risk being found by people either. Let's also skip one meal until morning so we don't smell like food either.

Hey K, did Higaide use any dailies or stuff that needs rest to refill? Because if that's not the case, you could use the charm from Rory to get 1 hour of sleep and stay up to guard the camp, so Javan and Rory can get their 8 hours in.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:20 pm

All i used were the Charges, and those are hard finite and i haven't the first clue on how to refill them, if it's even possible. I think Mr Morden gave them to me.

I vote wild, too. At worst, we can sleep in shifts, and minimize the risk of any of us waking up with a wild Burun chewing on a leg. I recommend we don't get all THAT far from the plantation, lest something interesting happen. Just enough that they won't find us. If there's any terrain advantage we could use for concealment (hills, trees, etc), that'd be great.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:12 pm

Let's go full-survivalist and sleep on the ground.

As we set up camp, I'm gonna give gold to a White Scarf to get the mustard gas, disguises, and whatever these lore-flashbangs are that Javan mentioned earlier.

Now just one quick thing for our DM: does this setting have any monsters that can be harmed by silver? Any legends or myths of that nature?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:16 pm

None that Rory's aware of no.

As an aside, this is an area that happens to be over the Thrush.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:34 pm

'Kay. Real quick, I ask Javan if he knows of any creature threats besides the natural ones I'm aware of (wolves, bears...tuskers) that we should be aware of while camping out here.

Roll Int?

And I finally found an image I can live with as an avatar for Rory. It's in my forum sheet now. View on photobucket to see where I got it. Seriously, try searching "barbarian" sometime. You'll get a whole lot of what you're not looking for, definitely what didn't fit my character anyway.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:19 pm

@Javan; This is an excellent time to bring up how Adv/Disadv work for Javan's bullet system.

So, I thought of several ways to keep things similar to how Adv and Disadv work in game but ultimately I realized I was going for something simpler, so it's real simple. If you have Advantage you get a big boost to the number you pick, if you have Disadvantage you get a big negative to it. Variable based on the circumstance.

So. "Roll" INT, at Disadvantage, since I doubt Javan really paid that much attention at Zefir School on Sho wildlife.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:03 pm

I think Javan wasn't paying attention when Rory asked him things, and probably gave him wrong information. I decided to go with a 3.

Bullets used: [3, 4, 16, 17, 20]
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:06 pm

With a 3, at a -4, I will allow Javan (the player) to decide what horrible misinformation Javan (character) gives.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:20 pm

Alright, let's see...

Javan is pretty sure that he remembers something from one of the classes he totally didn't doze off because it was boring. There are packs of berserk sheep led by a unique specimen of their race that has been creating problems for everyone that attempt to remain in the wild and not pay tribute. The name of their leader is Sheeptor the Sheeplord. It is said to jump and walk into walls, spit acid and some other 'fun' stuff like coming back to life once killed after a week, about 3.5% times bigger each time.

But worry not, there's a reason why Sho hasn't been destroyed yet: for some reason it cannot see through mud, and for some strange reason Javan swears that city walls around Sho have beem coated with high-quality mud. As such, Javan tells all allies to prepare and smear mud all over their bodies in order to remain invisible to Sheeptor and their followers.

Also, Javan is dead serious when he tells all that information, and will be preparing his own mud, even thanking Rory for reminding him of the 'dangers' of wildlife of Sho.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:42 am

Well, seeing as how Rory doesn't remember seeing substantial qualities of mud on any of the walls at the plantation, he'll still take Javan's advice to coat himself in mud sort of, if only to make his disguise as a peasant more convincing by "soiling" himself. But Javan remembered something, right or wrong. Perhaps it would be prudent to purchase something to be on the safe side. And he has heard people talk of Silver being...dunno, just not good in general for...some creatures. He isn't sure. Perhaps Javan will feel more comfortable with a silver spear?

Rory wrote:As we set up camp, I'm gonna give gold to a White Scarf to get the mustard gas, disguises, and whatever these lore-flashbangs are that Javan mentioned earlier.
Rory will add an addition to the shopping errand he's sending one of Javan's Scarves on: a Silver spear of any kind(no exotic), or Silver spiked gauntlets. Whichever fits the budget or is less expensive.

Priority in bold
Stuff: Silver spear(or Silver spiked gauntlets), mustard gas, peasant robes(full mask for Javan), and the "flashbangs"(Javan).
Budget: 1 Platinum. The weapon is optional, and the disguises are priority #1.

Bring it on, creatures of the night. Call me Rory Van Helsing. We will have a silver weapon soon(maybe), for what special purpose if it serves any, I do not know. I remember Javan saying his spear is evil or something, so if we can find a silver spear for him, he can have something that is viable for his Dragoon powers, but of a material matching the superiority of my granite sword(and our human k'nuckles).
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:07 am

Incidentally, why would you guys want something like mustard gas? Not only is it a pretty cruel tool to use, it usually takes hours to have any effect - oh yeah, and it sticks out like a sore thumb.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next