Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 05: Licking Wounds Amongst Party & Allies

+11
Caladrius
Araiguna
Ashakel
Evanar
K
Rory
Kolson
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Permeus (tabran)
Snarg of Wildpaw
Archengeia
15 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

First Adventure 05: Licking Wounds Amongst Party & Allies - Page 7 Empty Re: First Adventure 05: Licking Wounds Amongst Party & Allies

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:21 pm

Whis Kor frowns a bit as he stands up and dusts himself off. "Surely, you must have some idea? It seems strange for someone to randomly show up and attempt mass murder. That doesn't commonly happen out of thin air."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 05: Licking Wounds Amongst Party & Allies - Page 7 Empty Re: First Adventure 05: Licking Wounds Amongst Party & Allies

Post by Caladrius Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:22 pm

Caladrius looks over at Rory Vallon healer and attempts to heal him [the healer]
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: White Mage
Race: Lord Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Caladrius feeling guilty for ignoring the Gnolls rush to help them.
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:26 pm

Noticing the broken arm, Rory attempts to discern whether it would be a good idea to try fixing it. Determining that he could do no further harm if he tried to heal it, He gives it a shot.

"Excuse me," he says to the victim, "your arm. May I have a look?"

When he is allowed to examine it, Rory can do no more than set the bone properly. Unable to do more, he notifies the nearest medical expert of the victim's injury.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:28 pm

The Matriarch shrugs again. Gnawbone enters the conversation at this point, grumbling. "I hate to break it to you little Sclavi but other than your Harkun fellow and, for a period of time, you, we didn't have any particular enemies or death threats or any other signs of someone trying to slaughter two entire tribes of people."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:31 pm

The wolf stepped forward towards the leaders "How did you knew that you were discovered a month ago? What happened when you learned of this exactly?"

Last edited by Evanar on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Evanar

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Black Mage
Race: Lycanthrope, Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:31 pm

Archengeia wrote:The Matriarch shrugs again. Gnawbone enters the conversation at this point, grumbling. "I hate to break it to you little Sclavi but other than your Harkun fellow and, for a period of time, you, we didn't have any particular enemies or death threats or any other signs of someone trying to slaughter two entire tribes of people."

"Yet someone is. Those troops outside would have slaughtered us if not for Leafsong. They knew exactly what they were doing and how, which means they had good intel as well, not the kind you just ask around town."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:32 pm

"Gnawbone do you know of any centaurs locally?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:33 pm

Caladrius say to the Gnawbone "As I was saying to the Matriarch, We are just as much of victims are you are. If we weren’t here the attack would have still happened [Bluff if I need to], however we will do everything in our power to make this right, and bring the masterminds to justice because No peoples should ever be treated as poorly as yours and the kobolds have been"
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:34 pm

Evanar wrote:The wolf stepped forward towards the leaders "How did you knew that you were discovered two months ago? What happened when you learned of this exactly?"

Gnawbone frowns down at the Lycanthrope. "About 4 weeks ago my tribe came here to settle. We failed, before Harkun," he spits, "approached us with a deal. We took up residence in this ravine we found by happenstance, tried to keep out of the Kobolds' way, and you know all the rest. Nothing happened two months ago that I'm aware, and to our knowledge," he looks at the Matriarch who nods, "Other than your group... and our ambushing friends up top... no one else should know we are here."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:35 pm

"You're leaving out the last part of that contract." Whis Kor reminds Gnawbone. "Something very important."

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:37 pm

"Then only Harkun should have known of this place..." Raver looks away "Unless... He told the Centaurs about this place... He didn't used them, he simply... Gave away the location." The wolf raised his eyebrows. That made more sense.

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:39 pm

Higaide wrote:"Yet someone is. Those troops outside would have slaughtered us if not for Leafsong. They knew exactly what they were doing and how, which means they had good intel as well, not the kind you just ask around town."
"I concur," the Matriarch nods. "This is why I say that we were targeted as well as you. Why, and how, this I do not know."

permeus wrote:"Gnawbone do you know of any centaurs locally?"
Gnawbone shakes his head. "I haven't seen a Centaur in months, not since we left Stonehold territory."

Caladrius wrote:Caladrius say to the Gnawbone "As I was saying to the Matriarch, We are just as much of victims are you are. If we weren’t here the attack would have still happened [Bluff if I need to], however we will do everything in our power to make this right, and bring the masterminds to justice because No peoples should ever be treated as poorly as yours and the kobolds have been"
The Matriarch bows her head slightly. "I do appreciate your offer of aid. But at this moment, my first concern is for the safety of my tribe, and that of the Wildpaw." She laughs faintly. "We are both out of home and haven, and have no where to turn."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:42 pm

"It's true... This ravine is no longer safe. Harkun will make sure to have this place be targeted by anyone with enough ferocity to harm you." Raver spoke more warmly.

"You need a new home. And we'll get you one. But first... Harkun must fall."

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:47 pm

"can your elemental friend help you with a new home?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:50 pm

Gnawbone frowns. "I suppose you are referring to the settlement rights we were supposed to gain?" He let out a low growl. "The ones that were clearly false to begin with? What about them?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:51 pm

Rory asks, with a hint of sadness--in regard to the matriarch-- "Where do you intend to go?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:53 pm

"Nothing can be done until Harkun is gone. Nowhere is safe while he is free." Raver nearly barked. "He's the real threat to your tribes. And he must be dealt with before a new home is found."

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:53 pm

permeus wrote:"can your elemental friend help you with a new home?"

At this, the room grows quieter for a moment, and then the Matriarch speaks, sorrow evident in her tone. "We..." she hesitates. "We're not sure what has happened to Leafsong. In the first quake, many Kobolds and Gnolls alike were injured. Leafsong gave of itself energy and life, healing many, but it began to dissipate, until at some point it simply stopped... being there." She pauses. "It may be resting," she added, trying to sound hopeful, "or regaining its energies."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:53 pm

"Why such a specific settlement agreement? If this contract was made to be thrown away, why go to the trouble of detailing that part? Unless he was an official of the Confederacy, there's little he could have actually done to grant you citizenship.

Unless . . . he was playing off of your desires? Tell me about the process of signing this contract. It appears it was written over several times."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:55 pm

Rory Vallon wrote:Rory asks, with a hint of sadness--in regard to the matriarch-- "Where do you intend to go?"

Neither leader speaks for a moment. The Matriarch finally speaks up, "Gnawbone and I have discussed our options. From what he tells me, in the years we've been hidden away here the Drudges have made something of a life and home for themselves, and they are far more tolerant of creatures of our kind than others are. We will make for Colier, and hope we can settle someplace nearby peaceably."
Gnawbone snorts roughly. "It's the only chance we have at the moment," he adds, "but I'm uneasy about moving back closer towards Stonehold."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:56 pm

Tabran bow's his head
"i have head that elemental are hard to kill....let us hope this is true"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:59 pm

Whis Kor wrote:"Why such a specific settlement agreement? If this contract was made to be thrown away, why go to the trouble of detailing that part? Unless he was an official of the Confederacy, there's little he could have actually done to grant you citizenship.

Unless . . . he was playing off of your desires? Tell me about the process of signing this contract. It appears it was written over several times."

Gnawbone stretches his arms out. "To be honest with you, I have no idea. I was assuming that the Confederacy part was required, for us to settle in Naverre lands we would have to be Naverre citizens. It sounds like it made sense..." He scowls. "I was also assuming he had this supposed clout he kept talking about to smooth out the legal side of things so we wouldn't have to worry about." Another sigh. "Yes, you see, the original contract was much different. Harkun brought it to us, ready made with two tracers built into it but the way he had written it, we were to raid, pillage, and injure. There was to be no killing, but I refused flat out and almost walked out on the deal right then until he agreed to rewrite it. We argued over it for hours until it reached the form it was at now."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:02 am

"as for your plan to move to stonehold let us still try what had planed when we first met you thou this place may not be as sound as it was im sure it can be rebuilt and if not maybe we can find you a new home it, it seam to me like never of you want to go to stonehold?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:05 am

Raver rolls his eyes and uttered annoyingly. "Again, we need to deal with Harkun. Expose him, and the rest is easy."

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next